Options

Sydney Police appeal to find homeless mans stolen pet rat "Lucy"

rhanishanerhanishane NSW Australia Posts: 505
Sydney police appeal for rat thief to bring "Lucy" back to her homeless owner. A little faith in humanity restored.
https://www.facebook.com/218519706184/posts/10156704510661185/

Comments

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    I call the big one Bitey 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    Stealing someone's pet is about as low as it get. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Nice of them to take it seriously by citizens and the police. He's well known on the street for his well cared for pet rat Lucy.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,942
    edited April 2019
    Rats can be trained like dogs. Fascinating animals. Hopefully Lucy comes back.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Only if you possess a magic pipe
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    How bored are the Australian cops. That they got time to go searching for a rat....
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    What kind of crazy person goes digging thru a homeless persons belongings and decides to steal a rat of all things?  This is either a crazy person that was concerned with the rats welfare or a crazy person who might start throwing her own poop at the police when cornered. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    How bored are the Australian cops. That they got time to go searching for a rat....
    How bored are the US cops. That they got the time to murder you just because they dispise your race...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    I used to keep pet rats.  They were great-- really sweet animals.  They curl up in your lap when you watch TV or listen to music, ride around on you shoulder or head, love to be petted, easy to keep.  The only few problems are that if you don't keep an eye on them they will sometimes chew on sweaters and, worse, they don't live very long- only two to three years.  Don't laugh, but seriously, I got tired of crying and burying dead rats. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    edited April 2019
    brianlux said:
    I used to keep pet rats.  They were great-- really sweet animals.  They curl up in your lap when you watch TV or listen to music, ride around on you shoulder or head, love to be petted, easy to keep.  The only few problems are that if you don't keep an eye on them they will sometimes chew on sweaters and, worse, they don't live very long- only two to three years.  Don't laugh, but seriously, I got tired of crying and burying dead rats. 
    Yeah, that's why I'm not even thinking about getting a rodent. How short they live. And that they can't control their shitting/pissing (right?). 

Bought one of those mouses (mice?) when I was a kid, who was meant for feeding snakes. An albino one I named "Sara". Didn't live for that long. But sure was a cutie. 

Came home with it in a plastic candy box, cost like half a dollar I remember. My mom had to rush to the animal store to get all the things you need to keep a mouse.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    And I know there is one song we all think of now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_ijc7A5oAc
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,691
    And I know there is one song we all think of now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_ijc7A5oAc
    no.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    How bored are the US cops. That they got the time to murder you just because they dispise your race...
    Ask American.  Why you asking me...duh
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Rats are enemy number 1...most cities exterminate them, as should be...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Humans are enemy number 1
  • Options
    Ask American.  Why you asking me...duh

• Options
    Rats are destructive bastards who we seek and destroy...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Rats are destructive bastards who we seek and destroy...

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Yeah, that's why I'm not even thinking about getting a rodent. How short they live. And that they can't control their shitting/pissing (right?). 

Bought one of those mouses (mice?) when I was a kid, who was meant for feeding snakes. An albino one I named "Sara". Didn't live for that long. But sure was a cutie. 

Came home with it in a plastic candy box, cost like half a dollar I remember. My mom had to rush to the animal store to get all the things you need to keep a mouse.

I never had a pet rat shit or piss on my.  Lucky maybe?

I have to admit, I stopped liking rats when wild outdoor rats started wrecking havoc on my automobile- all totaled over about three year was over $1,000 in damages. Now I park out in the middle of gravel in the driveway- they don't seem to be crossing the rough surface... yet.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

I have to admit, I stopped liking rats when wild outdoor rats started wrecking havoc on my automobile- all totaled over about three year was over $1,000 in damages. Now I park out in the middle of gravel in the driveway- they don't seem to be crossing the rough surface... yet.
    They are destructive bastards...nothing good comes from Rats.  Municipalities spent lots of $$$ to rid them of rats...usually to no avail.

Alberta, Canada claims to have very few rats...even going as far to say they are rat free.

The stirring story of how Alberta became the first place in the world to banish the rat
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

They are destructive bastards...nothing good comes from Rats.  Municipalities spent lots of $$$ to rid them of rats...usually to no avail.

Alberta, Canada claims to have very few rats...even going as far to say they are rat free.

The stirring story of how Alberta became the first place in the world to banish the rat

A Swedish woman got the shock of her life when she discovered what she thought was the sound of a scurrying mouse was actually a 40cm-long rat… and that’s without the tail being measured on.

The rodent, which Swedish media has dubbed Ratzilla, emerged from under the kitchen sink when Signe Bengtsson went on the hunt to see if she could locate what she then thought was a mouse. She said she instinctively jumped onto the kitchen table and let out a loud scream.

The family began to realise there was a problem when their cat stopped going in the kitchen of their apartment in the town of Solna, north of Stockholm. Several days later, Bengtsson was taking the rubbish out when she first spotted the enormous rat tucking into scraps and leftovers.

She explained that she was petrified when she saw it going through their rubbish bin, adding that she did not know it was possible rats could get so big.

Pest controllers later explained that the rat had managed to gnaw its way through the wood and cement to break into the apartment. The problems did not stop there, however, as the huge pest chewed through water pipes that ran to the dishwasher which resulted in the kitchen flooding.

Bengtsson’s husband Erik Korsas said that the rat became so domesticated and comfortable in the apartment that it would just sit under the kitchen table.

A few days after spotting it for the first time, the family stopped going in the kitchen and called the exterminator. Pest controllers arrived with three above-average traps in an effort to bring an end to the family’s nightmare. However, even after the rat was caught, it still had the power to escape, and ended up behind the dishwasher.

Korsas said that even after it eventually died, the children were scared it would come back to life as a “zombie rat”. Bengtsson added that no one, including the cat, wanted to be in the kitchen after the traumatic experience. The pest controllers also confirmed that it was the biggest rat they had ever seen.

• Options
    haha it was domestic rat from a pet shop not a dirty city rat. Theft is theft. The homeless mans name is Chris and he is well known and liked on the street by citizens and police
  • Options
    well guess who was found and returned??😉
    https://www.facebook.com/218519706184/posts/10156711457691185/