Options

1969, The Year in Music

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
It's well known that 1969 was a great year for music, but when I was looking at wikipedia's list of albums released that year, I was yet again blown away.  What a great year for music!  (It was also the year I graduated from high school, moved away from home for the first time, bought my first car, got drunk for the first time, and got my first driving citation.)  

Has there ever been a year with so many great album releases?   Amazing.  Check it out:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,040
    brianlux said:
    It's well known that 1969 was a great year for music, but when I was looking at wikipedia's list of albums released that year, I was yet again blown away.  What a great year for music!  (It was also the year I graduated from high school, moved away from home for the first time, bought my first car, got drunk for the first time, and got my first driving citation.)  

Has there ever been a year with so many great album releases?   Amazing.  Check it out:

Holy shit!  You are correct Brian!!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    edited April 2019
    brianlux said:

Holy shit!  You are correct Brian!!!!
    If we ever have another year with that kind of massive amount of great releases I will be broke as shit,l haha!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.