Options

I don't know who Elisabeth Hasselbeck is...

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,928
edited April 2019 in A Moving Train
... but this was fascinating. Who taped it? Was her mick on like the The Jinx guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp7OPB8VbJQ
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

Comments

• Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    From the clip, I’m siding with Hasselbeck. Barbara seemed to be talking down to her. Just my initial thought.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    Any relation to the potato?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:
    Any relation to the potato?
    You mean Noel Gallagher?

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Crazy, I can’t ever remember hearing about or of hasselback potatoes. They look good, might try some this next week.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    Hi! said:
    Crazy, I can’t ever remember hearing about or of hasselback potatoes. They look good, might try some this next week.
    They're fantastic! Highly recommend it. Super easy to make too - just slice them half-ish way down to create the wedges, sprinkle some salt and a generous amount of olive oil, in the oven for a bit, and that's it!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Sweet, looking forward to it. I’ll probably add some chives and sour cream as well.

• Options
    Hi! said:
    Sweet, looking forward to it. I’ll probably add some chives and sour cream as well.
    I do too, good point. After the oven, of course :)

EV
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,512
    edited April 2019
    Hi! said:
    From the clip, I’m siding with Hasselbeck. Barbara seemed to be talking down to her. Just my initial thought.
    No way, screw that dumb cow. What a baby. :lol: She's against the morning after pill FFS, which prevents pregnancy before there is even a fertilized embryo, and is a godsend for women who were raped. Fuck her. I've never heard of her before, but I hate her guts already, both for her ridiculous attitude, and her sickening opinion about emergency contraception. She's part of the reason desperate women go into pharmacies and get turned away by idiot pharmacists who listen to people like this asshole.
    She was absolutely freaking out and getting all screechy and hysterical. Barbara was right, and her superior in the situation, and her elder. That silly twat needed someone to tell her to calm the fuck down... too bad she's too much of a nitwit to take the advice. Instead she had a tantrum like a little kid who lacks insight even for a little kid.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Hi! said:
    No way, screw that dumb cow. What a baby. :lol: She's against the morning after pill FFS, which prevents pregnancy before there is even a fertilized embryo, and is a godsend for women who were raped. Fuck her. I've never heard of her before, but I hate her guts already, both for her ridiculous attitude, and her sickening opinion about emergency contraception. She's part of the reason desperate women go into pharmacies and get turned away by idiot pharmacists who listen to people like this asshole.
    She was absolutely freaking out and getting all screechy and hysterical. Barbara was right, and her superior in the situation, and her elder. That silly twat needed someone to tell her to calm the fuck down... too bad she's touch of a nitwit to take the advice. Instead she had a tantrum like a little kid who lacks insight even for a little kid.
    Yeah, I don’t agree with her politics, but i didnt think she was really overly freaking out or whatever. She just seemed to be speaking out for what she believed, so Barbara tried to make it seem like she was freaking out. I didn’t think she was, but it’s a short clip, don’t really get the full context of the discussion.

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    PJ_Soul said:
    Hi! said:
    She was absolutely freaking out and getting all screechy and hysterical. Barbara was right, and her superior in the situation, and her elder. That silly twat needed someone to tell her to calm the fuck down... too bad she's touch of a nitwit to take the advice. Instead she had a tantrum like a little kid who lacks insight even for a little kid.

That's almost enough to make me want to watch the clip. Almost. :lol:
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Hi! said:

That's almost enough to make me want to watch the clip. Almost. :lol:
    I don’t think she was really freaking out onair, but a little meltdown offair I would say, lol.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Hi! said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Hi! said:
    Yeah, I don’t agree with her politics, but i didnt think she was really overly freaking out or whatever. She just seemed to be speaking out for what she believed, so Barbara tried to make it seem like she was freaking out. I didn’t think she was, but it’s a short clip, don’t really get the full context of the discussion.
    I agreed with Barbara. I think she was coming off as hysterical, and her reaction to Barbara just proved that she was. That voice man. Ugh. But at the end of the day, I don't care if she was hysterical about it or not. She needed a dressing down just for her dangerous, harmful opinion, since she somehow has the power to spread that disgusting message. Frankly, I don't feel any differently about her opinion on that than I do about hate speech.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    She was a former contestant on survivor and his marriage to former NFL QB  Tim Hasselbeck...if it is the same person.

This thread would be better suited in the outrage thread...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Hi! said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Hi! said:
    I agreed with Barbara. I think she was coming off as hysterical, and her reaction to Barbara just proved that she was. That voice man. Ugh. But at the end of the day, I don't care if she was hysterical about it or not. She needed a dressing down just for her dangerous, harmful opinion, since she somehow has the power to spread that disgusting message. Frankly, I don't feel any differently about her opinion on that than I do about hate speech.

Against my better judgment I watched it. (Hey, it's Saturday). From that clip, what a whiner. Completely separate from her opinions, which are ridiculous, she wasn't allowing anyone else to speak, so of course she got interrupted - that's what happens in those sorts of situations, and then she completely lost it. I can't believe that the producer sided with her; I'm hoping that was just a tactic to soothe her, and not what he really believes (honestly, he's probably loving it - ratings!!).

Barbara shouldn't have called her "dear", though, unless that's what she always calls her in non-confrontational circumstances, and I doubt it. 
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    PJ_Soul said:
    Hi! said:
    She was absolutely freaking out and getting all screechy and hysterical. Barbara was right, and her superior in the situation, and her elder. That silly twat needed someone to tell her to calm the fuck down... too bad she's too much of a nitwit to take the advice. Instead she had a tantrum like a little kid who lacks insight even for a little kid.
    Bad day? Jesus lol........ now what if a pro-lifer used that language to address you and your opinion? And we wonder why everything is polarized and fucked

Dumb cow, fuck her, i hate her guts, ridiculous, sickening, asshole, screachy, hysterical, silly twat, nitwit.........

Or how about if i spoke about a woman like that i disagreed with on any issue??? Called a woman a dumb cow and a silly twat that is screachy and hysterical and i hated her guts? Not a good look, right? 
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Hi! said:
    Bad day? Jesus lol........ now what if a pro-lifer used that language to address you and your opinion? And we wonder why everything is polarized and fucked

Dumb cow, fuck her, i hate her guts, ridiculous, sickening, asshole, screachy, hysterical, silly twat, nitwit.........

Or how about if i spoke about a woman like that i disagreed with on any issue??? Called a woman a dumb cow and a silly twat that is screachy and hysterical and i hated her guts? Not a good look, right? 
    Yeah thought the same. Hoping just a bad day as you said. We all have them.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Hi! said:

I have them all the time according to Kat lol
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    Neither Hasselback nor Walters have been on "The View" for several years now. How old is this video and why is it worth commenting on now? Strange post.
  • Options
    Neither Hasselback nor Walters have been on "The View" for several years now. How old is this video and why is it worth commenting on now? Strange post.
    I think it was just released. I heard about it on the radio a few days ago. So newly released and not a weird post at all.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    I read an article about this yesterday. I think the clip is from 2009 or something like that. It was released because a former staffer on the show just published a book this week with behind the scenes stories, including about that interchange, so of course the video was splashed everywhere. 
  • Options
    Because a book is being released about The View and with it this was leaked. That is why.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,991
    This seems like nothing compared to how others have treated her, Rosie was the worst. I've seen many clips where she was treated far worse. It was a terrible show because it just was everyone trashing the 1 lone conservative. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Hi! said:

I'm not sure why you care what I said about this lady, but I stand by all of it. My opinion about what you say isn't going to be impacted simply by whether it's about a woman or not, FYI. I'm not a sexist.
    No, it wasn't a bad day at all. It was a good day. I'm passionate on the subject, and despise those who spout stupid bullshit against emergency contraception (I also despise anti-vaxxers). They pose a true danger to society. I'm not going to be nice about them - why should I be? I think it's pretty silly that you care what I said for no reason other than the fact that you disapprove of my language, lol. I mean, thanks DAD.
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Hi! said:

Nope, again, it wasn't a bad day at all! It was Friday! :)
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    This seems like nothing compared to how others have treated her, Rosie was the worst. I've seen many clips where she was treated far worse. It was a terrible show because it just was everyone trashing the 1 lone conservative. 
    Ah okey. Well now it is women talking and then that Meghan characters starts spewing bullshit and you have to mute the volume.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Ah okey. Well now it is women talking and then that Meghan characters starts spewing bullshit and you have to mute the volume.
    Your first mistake is turning it on to begin with.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Hi! said:

Well...ok then. Seemed awfully harsh for a difference of opinion. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,991
    mace1229 said:
    I haven't seen any clips with Meghan. Is it Meghan McCain?
    I've never really watched the show, just remember always seeing highlights when Rosie was on it, and they usually involved confrontations much worse than this one.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Hi! said:

Well...ok then. Seemed awfully harsh for a difference of opinion. 
    I think I said above, I consider opinions like that about on the same level as hate speech. So I don't think any language is harsh enough when confronting such harmful opinions.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I haven't seen any clips with Meghan. Is it Meghan McCain?
    I've never really watched the show, just remember always seeing highlights when Rosie was on it, and they usually involved confrontations much worse than this one.
    Yes. She sits with her notes ready to quote some conservative article and defend right wing politics. That's like her role.

And then someone will state that her notes are wrong. And she will try to back out of the corner like an elephant in a porcelain shop.

Like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJqjq-eIFrU