Options

I hope the next album will come out of the blue

JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
With all this waiting and waiting, I just hope that if and when (most of all, when) the next album will be released.. it will be released without ANY advertising, promotional video, interviews or useless stuff like that. I don't want any hype. Just put it out. Like, tomorrow we release the next album. Or whenever it will be, just "so, next week you will find our new record in stores." Because all that stuff that usually happens in the months before the release just ruins the first experience. I think we all want to be shocked again (in a positive way, obviously) by this band. if they play a couple of new songs live before the release, or promo videos, that just ruins the experience. You're not forced to hear them if they do (unless you are at a show like Wrigley 2013), but it's difficult to resist after all this time. I just want to sit in the dark and push "play" without a fuc*in clue on what I'm about to listening to. Be totally surprised (in a good, or bad way). Also, no new shows until a new record comes out. Yes, I'm feeling pretty cocky today. Forgive me.
That's all. Please and thanks.

ps: do I need to say it? No Can't Deny Me on the next record. You know it's the right thing to do. (see the cocky note above)
pps: oh, and I almost forgot.. Please, MTLTGA. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Would be great if one day it was just up for sale in the store, ready to buy and download. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    No doubt this would be awesome.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    We've waited so long for a new album. If they want to sell the shit out of it when it finally comes, let them. I'll just be happy it exists at all.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    They’re too old fashioned for something like this. They’ve had an amazing online fan base for longer than most bands and could’ve capitalized more than almost anyone with such a play over a decade ago. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
    Spin the blue circle?  Just doesn't sound right.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    agree
    danny d
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Putting Can't Deny Me on the next record at this point would be akin to putting Ole on Lightning Bolt.  It's been too long.  But if it's on there, no biggie.  I don't hate it like everyone else seems to. (Don't hate Ole, either).  It's kind of a wonder why so many in here are so eager for a new album when the same people cry, cry, cry that they haven't done anything good since the self-titled album.  I guess they're all anxious for something new to bitch about.  When it drops (and I'm certain it will), I'll be listening and enjoying like I always have.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946
    I hope it comes out of the blue and goes into some Riot Act-blackness.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946
    Putting Can't Deny Me on the next record at this point would be akin to putting Ole on Lightning Bolt.  It's been too long.  But if it's on there, no biggie.  I don't hate it like everyone else seems to. (Don't hate Ole, either).  It's kind of a wonder why so many in here are so eager for a new album when the same people cry, cry, cry that they haven't done anything good since the self-titled album.  I guess they're all anxious for something new to bitch about.  When it drops (and I'm certain it will), I'll be listening and enjoying like I always have.
    Maybe because they are hoping and looking forward an album by Pearl Jam - their favorite band - as good, or better, as the self-titled album?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765
    Maybe because they are hoping and looking forward an album by Pearl Jam - their favorite band - as good, or better, as the self-titled album?
    There are so many layers of subjectivity in all this though.  I think what Dyer is getting at is there does seem to be at times an overwhelming helping of disdain towards recent records.  I will be honest Backspacer never quite stuck with me, but, I tend to look at music in much different terms than some people. I don't see it as a bad record, same as Self Titled, I actually like quite a few of the songs a whole lot.  But as an overall album both for me are squarely among my least favorite.  But that is just kind of where my head-space was at the time and having been around following the band since Ten it is just where things shook out for me.  But I can also see where fans who were newer to the band in 2006 and 2009 are really moved by those records.  Hell, there are certainly folks who have been following since Ten that find either or both of those records really compelling.  

I see so much heavy disdain for Lightning Bolt here at times and some individual tracks on it, and that puzzles me, because the record connected with me like nothing they had released since Binaural.   But again, that is the head-space I was in at the time, others not so much.

I am never going to try and convince anyone they don't like something that they seemingly do, the vibe I get sometimes from those commenting on recent releases or specific songs on them is that they feel some sort of obligation to make everyone feel as they do.

Healthy idea sharing and discussion and disagreement is all good, but at the end of the day if you don't like something, if I don't like something if someone doesn't like something, don't like it, but no point in killing anyone else's buzz on it.    Also I am the first person to admit I fail at this at times, I hit "post comment" and with a degree of regularity find myself thinking, oooo that comment needed more context.  

I am rambling though...
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    DeadmanDeadman Posts: 784
    I loved how the Lightning Bolt announcement wasn't 100% expected to come at that time.  I mean, everyone knew there was an album coming, new material, but the album announcement itself just came out.  The best part was it wasn't even that much longer between the announcement and its release.
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,911
    Agreed!
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14