Options

Senator Jeff Merkley opts out of democratic presidential contest.

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,722

Kudos to Jeff Merkley.  I think he's a good guy.  I'm on his mailing list even though I don't live in Oregon.  It seems to me that our neighbors to the north are lucky to have Jeff as a senator and he's smart to know he can do more good in his home state rather than being part of the huge flock scrambling for the top of the heap.. Way to go Jeff! 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    He looks too young to run as a democrat...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    He looks too young to run as a democrat...
    He's 62.  You're probably right.  Give him another 20 years-- haha!

Good guy that Jeff Merkley.  He posted this announcement on Facebook and made a good point that besides a capable Commander inc Chief, we need good people in other offices, especially the senate.  I wish him the best.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    He needed to re-focus on his hacky sack skills.  World championships are just around the corner.
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    He needed to re-focus on his hacky sack skills.  World championships are just around the corner.
    LOL- good memories.  Hacky sack was super popular back in the 80's.  You couldn't go anywhere without seeing it being played.  My workmates and I used to hack at lunch almost everyday.  Good times!