Pearl Jam: Easy Street Records live for Record Store Day?

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,143
    FR181798 said:
    Really doesn't seem like 9000 are out there. Never had as much trouble getting anything on RSD in UK before. Looks like distribution to Europe was terrible. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    mcgruff10 said:
    The coolest!  And Ed chatting with easy street is awesome as well. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    igotid88 said:
    FR181798 said:
    Really doesn't seem like 9000 are out there. Never had as much trouble getting anything on RSD in UK before. Looks like distribution to Europe was terrible. 
    6000 was the the north american pressing size.  You need to be careful when reading pressing sizes for RSD.   Most articles references only refer to the size of the US pressing.
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Hobbes said:
    Just got this email from Easy Street:

Due to a high number of orders our site was overloaded and more orders were placed than we have stock of. In order to keep it fair we will be shipping out one and only one record to the first 66 people who placed orders for it regardless of the quantity specified in said order. Keep an eye out for a second email confirming your order, if you do not get that email you will get a cancellation email Your card has not been charged yet and if you one of the first 66 you will only be charged the cost of one record. We are so sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for supporting us. 

Fingers crossed I'm one of the 66. I do have a pending charge from them, though. We'll see.
    Woohoo! 

Received the second email yesterday confirming my order. :triumph:

Hope others here have the same success.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335

• PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Hummmmmm.....what could that be about?
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited April 2019
    I mean.. if countries like Italy. Greece, Sweden, Denmark etc didn't even get shipments of the vinyl then someone must have fucked up.. some how... When figuring out how many records to press they can't have been thinking that "this will only be enough for a few european countries and by god - that is how we like it!".... 

Weird if they by choice pressed so few so they had to leave countries out completely. Was it a third party who decided to overship to some countries and skip on others? What is that all about - @Santos L. Halper  do you have an answer to that? I can't figure it out.

Or anyone here have answer? Help me Obi Wan Kenobi...
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    mcgruff10 said:
    Fun tidbit about it being Matt who said let's release this how.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    demetrios said:

I dig this logo. They should make it a shirt or a sticker.
    edited April 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEfatOkhSN0

Haha. Casual Ed.

Nice hearing about the show.
    I mean.. if countries like Italy. Greece, Sweden, Denmark etc didn't even get shipments of the vinyl then someone must have fucked up.. some how... When figuring out how many records to press they can't have been thinking that "this will only be enough for a few european countries and by god - that is how we like it!".... 

Weird if they by choice pressed so few so they had to leave countries out completely. Was it a third party who decided to overship to some countries and skip on others? What is that all about - @Santos L. Halper  do you have an answer to that? I can't figure it out.

There are lots of factors at play. While PJ being a huge band, there is such a small window for record pressing, especially for RSD. Huge bands (well, their labels usually) during other times of the year can use their leverage to "request" queues be moved to prioritize their release. RSD makes that way more difficult. 9000 is what they thought they could produce in the RSD window given the other constraints. I'm sure they knew they could sell more (especially since its an RSD First release), but time and capacity at plants was an issue. 

As for Europe getting shorted, its hard to tell if its a qty produced issue or a distribution issue.  Here isn the US WB, one of the largest (maybe the largest) distributer switched warehouses and stock wasn't sent out in time so there were shortages on Big titles (The crow for sure, people are speculating Jeff Tweedy as well). IDK how PJ distributed (maybe Universal has their own arm), but its possible there was an issue there.

If there is one thing I've learned about this band is, they don't LIKE to fuck people over. In fact they try hard to be as fair as possible. Ultimately you can't make everyone happy 100% of the time, and  they and the system they operate in have limitations. 
    edited April 2019
    Are these pressed copies or is Easy Street selling the CD-R ones? Cool that they're selling the live boots.

edited April 2019
    Host: There will be people camping out tonight to pick up the Pearl Jam Live at Easy Street here for sure..!

Eddie: because there's only ten available..!

• RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 737
    Woohoo some Vault vinyl appeared in the shop:)
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,354
    Are these pressed copies or is Easy Street selling the CD-R ones? Cool that they're selling the live boots.

When I was in there last year for the Home Shows, they were CD-Rs.

I LOVE TAYLOR SWIFT
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Ridiculously cool....
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.

I LOVE TAYLOR SWIFT
    She's awesome.
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262

US Festival Labor Day Weekend, 1982

The festival ran for three days, in 110 °F (42.5 °C) weather. There were 100 arrests and a reported 35 drug overdoses.The festival lost a reported $12 million. (Bands are listed in the order they appeared.)

Friday, September 3

Sunday, September 5

• FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164

There are lots of factors at play. While PJ being a huge band, there is such a small window for record pressing, especially for RSD. Huge bands (well, their labels usually) during other times of the year can use their leverage to "request" queues be moved to prioritize their release. RSD makes that way more difficult. 9000 is what they thought they could produce in the RSD window given the other constraints. I'm sure they knew they could sell more (especially since its an RSD First release), but time and capacity at plants was an issue. 

As for Europe getting shorted, its hard to tell if its a qty produced issue or a distribution issue.  Here isn the US WB, one of the largest (maybe the largest) distributer switched warehouses and stock wasn't sent out in time so there were shortages on Big titles (The crow for sure, people are speculating Jeff Tweedy as well). IDK how PJ distributed (maybe Universal has their own arm), but its possible there was an issue there.

If there is one thing I've learned about this band is, they don't LIKE to fuck people over. In fact they try hard to be as fair as possible. Ultimately you can't make everyone happy 100% of the time, and  they and the system they operate in have limitations. 
    I think anything to do with records/merch being pressed, distributed, priced etc is completely out of the bands hands nowadays, they will have no say in this, they pay management to make these business decisions so they have will have no idea how disorganised things are half the time.
    Only 126 views? Weird. VERY INTERESTING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4283MtGyBS4

Available in store now. No online purchases at the moment. https://easystreetonline.com/UPC/753677604971/Pearl-Jam_Live-At-Easy-Street-RSD-2019

Canada store.

Only 126 views? Weird. VERY INTERESTING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4283MtGyBS4

This was awesome. I wonder if it was filmed at all.

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    demetrios said:
    Canada store
    Thanks D, just ordered one, beauty!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Jamer196Jamer196 Posts: 336
    BLACK35 said:
    demetrios said:
    Canada store
    Guess I ordered the other, Thank you very much!

Not cheap for me with 25$ shipping but still better than eBay 
    Jamer196 said:
    BLACK35 said:
    demetrios said:
    Canada store
    Guess I ordered the other, Thank you very much!

Not cheap for me with 25$ shipping but still better than eBay 
    Great! :)
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    I had it in my basket, coukdnt risk the extra import charge getting it into the UK from Canada. Enjoy.

I feel a little disappointed by missing this release but not willing to throw too much cash at it yet.
  • Jamer196Jamer196 Posts: 336
    FR181798 said:
    I had it in my basket, coukdnt risk the extra import charge getting it into the UK from Canada. Enjoy.

I feel a little disappointed by missing this release but not willing to throw too much cash at it yet.
    You made a good decision :)
  • FroggieFroggie Cork Posts: 207
    There were two copies in Golden Discs in Cork and there are 5 copies at a small record store in Douglas in Cork. I can't believe it. Bought 1 copy €45. Ouch.