Poll--The Weakest Link: AC/DC's 'Back In Black' Round 3 (SEMI-FINALS)

MedozKMedozK TennesseePosts: 7,116
edited February 11 in Other Music
We are continuing play to determine the GREATEST song on AC/DC's album Back In Black.
Eliminated in Round 1 - Let Me Put My Love into You, Shake a Leg, and What Do You Do for Money Honey.
Eliminated in Round 2 - Given the Dog a Bone, Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution, You Shook Me All Night Long
 * Since there was a tie for 3rd, a total of round 1 and round 2 votes were calculated to break the tie.
 * You Shook Me All Night Long - Round 1 = 1, Round 2 = 4, Total Votes for 2 rounds = 5 (Eliminated)
 * Have a Drink on Me - Round 1 =  0, Round 2 = 4, Total Votes for 2 rounds = 4

For anyone new to the game:
You are going to pick the song that you think is the "Weakest Link" after 3 days I will remove another three (2) songs with the most votes.
We will then move on to the FINAL ROUND. - Remember you are voting to eliminate songs from contention.

Lets have fun with this. Remember debating and discussing why your right and others are wrong is always fun.
Post edited by MedozK on

Poll--The Weakest Link: AC/DC's 'Back In Black' Round 3 (SEMI-FINALS) 39 votes

Hells Bells
10%
Horse2345BrainofBGAtoolfan2305njnancy 4 votes
Shoot To Thrill
23%
mfc2006tbergsDewieCoxHesCalledDyerRS151862eeriepadavetimdwilliF Me In The BrainOffSheGoes35 9 votes
Back in Black
10%
goldrushJK_LivinChadplamSmallestOceans 4 votes
Have a Drink on Me
56%
mcgruff10PonciernooramDukeSpiritmookieblalockBIGDaddyWildudemanmadtowndaveOf The AggiejoberschlakeRP112579dankindGern BlanstenThirty Bills UnpaidMedozKLoujoeHobbestempo_n_groovepetted101Black,red,yellow 22 votes
«1

Comments

  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil MichiganPosts: 2,406
    Have a Drink on Me
    Had to do it. :open_mouth:
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New JerseyPosts: 4,531
    Hells Bells
    Have a drink on me is going to be the most chosen, and I am desperate to save Shoot to Thrill, so Hells Bells has got to go before Back in Black. 
  • Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited February 12
    Have a Drink on Me
    njnancy said:
    Have a drink on me is going to be the most chosen, and I am desperate to save Shoot to Thrill, so Hells Bells has got to go before Back in Black. 

    Oh wow NJ.

    Hells Bells? Before the other three? It's got to be something in the water. Scruffy has trouble with these kinds of things too.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New JerseyPosts: 4,531
    Hells Bells
    njnancy said:
    Have a drink on me is going to be the most chosen, and I am desperate to save Shoot to Thrill, so Hells Bells has got to go before Back in Black. 

    Oh wow NJ.

    Hells Bells? Before the other three? It's got to be something in the water. Scruffy has trouble with these kinds of things too.
    LOL

    I know that it's a lost cause but Shoot To Thrill is my favorite song on the album so I'm giving it all I've got. 

    McScruff and I may be from very different parts of Jersey but we are both born and raised. That makes us special. :smiley:
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PAPosts: 30,503
    Shoot To Thrill
    I'm kinda partial to Have a Drink on Me as my fav off the album along with Back in Black.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 17,977
    Have a Drink on Me
    Hells Bells should remain the top song I would think.
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific NorthwestPosts: 4,006
    Have a Drink on Me
    Hells Bells should remain the top song I would think.
    One of the greatest album openers of all time, certainly. But can it best "Back in Black"? It'll be a close match, I know that.
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 12,984
    Back in Black
    Back in Black, is choppy waters, especially in comparison, to Hells Bells. Not a whole lot of flow to that song imo. 
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16


  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commetsPosts: 15,974
    edited February 12
    Shoot To Thrill
    Back In Black is the top choice for me but I love all of these songs.  Want to save Have A Drink on Me....voting for Shoot to Thrill, which is fantastic.
    (Well, can't save Have a Drink if two are going...oh well, HB vs B2B should be the final, imo)
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 13,421
    Have a Drink on Me
    R.I.P.



    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 1,836
    Shoot To Thrill
    Why the overkill on "Have a Drink on Me"? Are you guys that afraid of Nancy? :tongue:
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 1,836
    Shoot To Thrill
    Grow a pair and vote for "Shoot to Thrill", otherwise you're pissing away your vote at this point.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 9,764
    Shoot To Thrill
    Back in Black, is choppy waters, especially in comparison, to Hells Bells. Not a whole lot of flow to that song imo. 
    Nobody has ever listened to any AC/DC song expecting it to flow. They’re looking for groove and BIB has it in spades.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 13,421
    edited February 12
    Have a Drink on Me
    Why the overkill on "Have a Drink on Me"? Are you guys that afraid of Nancy? :tongue:
    Nancy! Afraid? That goddamn Jersey girl voted against "Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution." I'm not afraid of her so much as we are now sworn enemies for life. Dammit! I should change my vote. :lol:
    Grow a pair and vote for "Shoot to Thrill", otherwise you're pissing away your vote at this point.
    Hey, what are you talking about? "I've got big balls!"

    Plus, my six-year-old son loves "Shoot to Thrill." I can't let him down like that. Until the next round. :naughty:
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 1,836
    Shoot To Thrill
    dankind said:
    Why the overkill on "Have a Drink on Me"? Are you guys that afraid of Nancy? :tongue:
    Nancy! Afraid? That goddamn Jersey girl voted against "Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution." I'm not afraid of her so much as we are now sworn enemies for life. Dammit! I should change my vote. :lol:
    Grow a pair and vote for "Shoot to Thrill", otherwise you're pissing away your vote at this point.
    Hey, what are you talking about? "I've got big balls!"

    Plus, my six-year-old son loves "Shoot to Thrill." I can't let him down like that. Until the next round. :naughty:
    Well, now that you mention your son, that's a fairly good reason.

    AND, you used "I've got big balls!" and the naughty emoticon. Can't argue against that!  ;)        
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer MarylandPosts: 14,087
    Shoot To Thrill
    Kinda figured it would come down to BIB & HB in the end.  Looks like that's where we're headed (for now, anyway).
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 5,733
    Shoot To Thrill
    Shoot to Thrill kicks ass, but it's a pretty cookie-cutter rock song from them. I prefer, Have A Drink. Hells Bells should win. I can honestly say I have never gotten sick of that song. It still dominates. Even BiB annoys me a little at times. I think it's that guitar riff. Grates on me sometimes.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New JerseyPosts: 4,531
    Hells Bells
    dankind said:
    Why the overkill on "Have a Drink on Me"? Are you guys that afraid of Nancy? :tongue:
    Nancy! Afraid? That goddamn Jersey girl voted against "Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution." I'm not afraid of her so much as we are now sworn enemies for life. Dammit! I should change my vote. :lol:
    Grow a pair and vote for "Shoot to Thrill", otherwise you're pissing away your vote at this point.
    Hey, what are you talking about? "I've got big balls!"

    Plus, my six-year-old son loves "Shoot to Thrill." I can't let him down like that. Until the next round. :naughty:
    Well, now that you mention your son, that's a fairly good reason.

    AND, you used "I've got big balls!" and the naughty emoticon. Can't argue against that!  ;)        
    @OffSheGoes35 ; - you're either matching people together or trying to make us turn on each other 

    There isn't a damn person on this forum that is afraid of me, I know that for sure. Just don't have the 'strike fear into people's hearts' vibe going for me.  :lol:.

    My song is going to go this round no matter how much I don't want it to so cool your jets. I thought we was friends, woman. :angry:



     
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New JerseyPosts: 4,531
    edited February 12
    Hells Bells
    dankind said:
    Why the overkill on "Have a Drink on Me"? Are you guys that afraid of Nancy? :tongue:
    Nancy! Afraid? That goddamn Jersey girl voted against "Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution." I'm not afraid of her so much as we are now sworn enemies for life. Dammit! I should change my vote. :lol:
    Grow a pair and vote for "Shoot to Thrill", otherwise you're pissing away your vote at this point.
    Hey, what are you talking about? "I've got big balls!"

    Plus, my six-year-old son loves "Shoot to Thrill." I can't let him down like that. Until the next round. :naughty:
    You should have let me know that we were sworn enemies before I told you you could punch me in the fud. 

    I like how 'goddamn Jersey girl' sounds. Makes me sound like a badass. :rofl:

    Your son has exquisite taste in music FWIW. 
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 13,421
    Have a Drink on Me
    njnancy said:
    dankind said:
    Why the overkill on "Have a Drink on Me"? Are you guys that afraid of Nancy? :tongue:
    Nancy! Afraid? That goddamn Jersey girl voted against "Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution." I'm not afraid of her so much as we are now sworn enemies for life. Dammit! I should change my vote. :lol:
    Grow a pair and vote for "Shoot to Thrill", otherwise you're pissing away your vote at this point.
    Hey, what are you talking about? "I've got big balls!"

    Plus, my six-year-old son loves "Shoot to Thrill." I can't let him down like that. Until the next round. :naughty:
    You should have let me know that we were sworn enemies before I told you you could punch me in the fud. 

    I like how 'goddamn Jersey girl' sounds. Makes me sound like a badass. :rofl:

    Your son has exquisite taste in music FWIW. 

    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New JerseyPosts: 4,531
    Hells Bells
    dankind said:
    njnancy said:
    dankind said:
    Why the overkill on "Have a Drink on Me"? Are you guys that afraid of Nancy? :tongue:
    Nancy! Afraid? That goddamn Jersey girl voted against "Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution." I'm not afraid of her so much as we are now sworn enemies for life. Dammit! I should change my vote. :lol:
    Grow a pair and vote for "Shoot to Thrill", otherwise you're pissing away your vote at this point.
    Hey, what are you talking about? "I've got big balls!"

    Plus, my six-year-old son loves "Shoot to Thrill." I can't let him down like that. Until the next round. :naughty:
    You should have let me know that we were sworn enemies before I told you you could punch me in the fud. 

    I like how 'goddamn Jersey girl' sounds. Makes me sound like a badass. :rofl:

    Your son has exquisite taste in music FWIW. 

    OMG - you are adorable!!! 

    But with those nails I don't want you touching my fud.   You're gonna have to headbutt me or something. . 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 13,421
    Have a Drink on Me
    njnancy said:
    dankind said:
    njnancy said:
    dankind said:
    Why the overkill on "Have a Drink on Me"? Are you guys that afraid of Nancy? :tongue:
    Nancy! Afraid? That goddamn Jersey girl voted against "Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution." I'm not afraid of her so much as we are now sworn enemies for life. Dammit! I should change my vote. :lol:
    Grow a pair and vote for "Shoot to Thrill", otherwise you're pissing away your vote at this point.
    Hey, what are you talking about? "I've got big balls!"

    Plus, my six-year-old son loves "Shoot to Thrill." I can't let him down like that. Until the next round. :naughty:
    You should have let me know that we were sworn enemies before I told you you could punch me in the fud. 

    I like how 'goddamn Jersey girl' sounds. Makes me sound like a badass. :rofl:

    Your son has exquisite taste in music FWIW. 

    OMG - you are adorable!!! 

    But with those nails I don't want you touching my fud.   You're gonna have to headbutt me or something. . 
    Headbutt coach:


    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New JerseyPosts: 4,531
    Hells Bells
    dankind said:
    njnancy said:
    dankind said:
    njnancy said:
    dankind said:
    Why the overkill on "Have a Drink on Me"? Are you guys that afraid of Nancy? :tongue:
    Nancy! Afraid? That goddamn Jersey girl voted against "Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution." I'm not afraid of her so much as we are now sworn enemies for life. Dammit! I should change my vote. :lol:
    Grow a pair and vote for "Shoot to Thrill", otherwise you're pissing away your vote at this point.
    Hey, what are you talking about? "I've got big balls!"

    Plus, my six-year-old son loves "Shoot to Thrill." I can't let him down like that. Until the next round. :naughty:
    You should have let me know that we were sworn enemies before I told you you could punch me in the fud. 

    I like how 'goddamn Jersey girl' sounds. Makes me sound like a badass. :rofl:

    Your son has exquisite taste in music FWIW. 

    OMG - you are adorable!!! 

    But with those nails I don't want you touching my fud.   You're gonna have to headbutt me or something. . 
    Headbutt coach:


    Evil Little Goat. 
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 1,836
    Shoot To Thrill
    dankind said:
    njnancy said:
    dankind said:
    njnancy said:
    dankind said:
    Why the overkill on "Have a Drink on Me"? Are you guys that afraid of Nancy? :tongue:
    Nancy! Afraid? That goddamn Jersey girl voted against "Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution." I'm not afraid of her so much as we are now sworn enemies for life. Dammit! I should change my vote. :lol:
    Grow a pair and vote for "Shoot to Thrill", otherwise you're pissing away your vote at this point.
    Hey, what are you talking about? "I've got big balls!"

    Plus, my six-year-old son loves "Shoot to Thrill." I can't let him down like that. Until the next round. :naughty:
    You should have let me know that we were sworn enemies before I told you you could punch me in the fud. 

    I like how 'goddamn Jersey girl' sounds. Makes me sound like a badass. :rofl:

    Your son has exquisite taste in music FWIW. 

    OMG - you are adorable!!! 

    But with those nails I don't want you touching my fud.   You're gonna have to headbutt me or something. . 
    Headbutt coach:



    Bringing out the "Big Gun"!

  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 13,421
    edited February 12
    Have a Drink on Me
    I wish I was still in touch with Brian Johnson. I bet he'd get a kick out of this, especially the goddamn Jersey girl's implication that one of his band's songs is "exquisite."
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New JerseyPosts: 4,531
    Hells Bells
    dankind said:
    I wish I was still in touch with Brian Johnson. I bet he'd get a kick out of this, especially the goddamn Jersey girl's implication that one of his band's songs is "exquisite."
    I said your son had exquisite taste. I did not call the song exquisite. I will refrain from complimenting your children in the future. 
  • MedozKMedozK TennesseePosts: 7,116
    Have a Drink on Me
    Wow, my fav "Shoot to Thrill" is looking to go out in this round. This round will end on Thursday.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PAPosts: 30,503
    Shoot To Thrill
    MedozK said:
    Wow, my fav "Shoot to Thrill" is looking to go out in this round. This round will end on Thursday.
    what happens if there's a  tie?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 13,421
    edited February 12
    Have a Drink on Me
    njnancy said:
    dankind said:
    I wish I was still in touch with Brian Johnson. I bet he'd get a kick out of this, especially the goddamn Jersey girl's implication that one of his band's songs is "exquisite."
    I said your son had exquisite taste. I did not call the song exquisite. I will refrain from complimenting your children in the future. 
    Good, neither deserve it.

    If my son knew his ass from a hole in the ground, he’d know that “Rock and Roll Ain’t Noise Pollution” is hotfire and “Shoot to Thrill” is a rote product of a song. 

    And I guess it wasn’t so much of an implication on your part as it was an inference on my part. 
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New JerseyPosts: 4,531
    Hells Bells
    dankind said:
    njnancy said:
    dankind said:
    I wish I was still in touch with Brian Johnson. I bet he'd get a kick out of this, especially the goddamn Jersey girl's implication that one of his band's songs is "exquisite."
    I said your son had exquisite taste. I did not call the song exquisite. I will refrain from complimenting your children in the future. 
    Good, neither deserve it.

    If my son knew his ass from a hole in the ground, he’d know that “Rock and Roll Ain’t Noise Pollution” is hotfire and “Shoot to Thrill” is a rote product of a song. 

    And I guess it wasn’t so much of an implication on your part as it was an inference on my part. 
    Okey dokey. 
This discussion has been closed.