Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,105
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    OnWis97 said:
    dignin said:
    Pragmatist. Sounds like Hillary Clinton. That worked out well last election.
    The difference is that Hillary had 25 years as one of the most frequently hated people in America.  (I still think Klobuchar would lose...but nobody has Hillary's baggage.)
    That definitely played a part, but I think the other reason was that she didn't really inspire or energize anyone. Klobuchar sounds similar.
    I don't know- if you read what some her staff members say about working with Klobuchar (and not the media hype about her being a so-called bully), I'd say she sounds very motivating, inspiring and energizing.
    People close to Hillary said the same thing. That didn't translate to the voters.
    Other than both being female, I don't get the comparison? And this is coming from someone who grew up despising Hilary and her husband....yet voted for her out of necessity in '16.
    I agree with all of this.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    OnWis97 said:
    dignin said:
    The difference is that Hillary had 25 years as one of the most frequently hated people in America.  (I still think Klobuchar would lose...but nobody has Hillary's baggage.)
    That definitely played a part, but I think the other reason was that she didn't really inspire or energize anyone. Klobuchar sounds similar.
    I don't know- if you read what some her staff members say about working with Klobuchar (and not the media hype about her being a so-called bully), I'd say she sounds very motivating, inspiring and energizing.
    People close to Hillary said the same thing. That didn't translate to the voters.
    Other than both being female, I don't get the comparison? And this is coming from someone who grew up despising Hilary and her husband....yet voted for her out of necessity in '16.
    I thought I made it clear. She is not inspiring, she is boring, no vision, no new ideas. Play is safe stale candidate. Hillary was the same.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,751
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    OnWis97 said:
    dignin said:
    I thought I made it clear. She is not inspiring, she is boring, no vision, no new ideas. Play is safe stale candidate. Hillary was the same.
    so you have written her off when the campaign hasnt even begun? we're 21 months from the election.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    OnWis97 said:
    dignin said:
    so you have written her off when the campaign hasnt even begun? we're 21 months from the election.
    Yes. You really think she is going to dramatically change her policy during the primaries? It's the only thing that will make her different from the other candidates. Her stale/safe policies are what attracts some people, which is understandable in an era of Trump. But I really doubt it will be enough to get her through the primaries.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    OnWis97 said:
    dignin said:
    Yes. You really think she is going to dramatically change her policy during the primaries? It's the only thing that will make her different from the other candidates. Her stale/safe policies are what attracts some people, which is understandable in an era of Trump. But I really doubt it will be enough to get her through the primaries.
    The part I bolded is definitely true for some people, but I think it's untrue for just as many people. I think the Democratic electorate want something new and different. Basically...a Trump-type of person, that is unlike Trump in every way. Part of what excited the Republican electorate in 2016 was that Trump was so different from the Romney/McCain/Dole type of boring old men that they've nominated over the past 20 years. Similarly, being so different than most candidates worked in Obama's favor. But like you implied, Klobuchar is basically "Hillary-lite." And the real Hillary has been preparing to be president since at least 1992 and had the entire DNC behind her, yet she couldn't win. That being the case, why would anyone expect anything different from someone like Klobuchar? 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    dignin said:
    mickeyrat said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    OnWis97 said:
    dignin said:
    The part I bolded is definitely true for some people, but I think it's untrue for just as many people. I think the Democratic electorate want something new and different. Basically...a Trump-type of person, that is unlike Trump in every way. Part of what excited the Republican electorate in 2016 was that Trump was so different from the Romney/McCain/Dole type of boring old men that they've nominated over the past 20 years. Similarly, being so different than most candidates worked in Obama's favor. But like you implied, Klobuchar is basically "Hillary-lite." And the real Hillary has been preparing to be president since at least 1992 and had the entire DNC behind her, yet she couldn't win. That being the case, why would anyone expect anything different from someone like Klobuchar? 
    I agree.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    OnWis97 said:
    dignin said:
    If Hillary was Amy, Hillary would've won in a landslide. There is no comparing anyone with Hillary's baggage to other candidates. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    OnWis97 said:
    dignin said:
    If Hillary was Amy, Hillary would've won in a landslide. There is no comparing anyone with Hillary's baggage to other candidates. 

But there’s also no comparing Hillary’s resources to other candidates
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    OnWis97 said:
    dignin said:

We’re just talking about personality 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    OnWis97 said:
    dignin said:

I'm talking about policy, not personality.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    OnWis97 said:
    dignin said:

I'm talking about policy, not personality.
    What policy involves being boring?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah personality-wise, there was a hell of a lot of baggage. She reminded me of Mitt Romney. If there was a super-computer that could generate presidential candidate robots, you'd get Romney if you entered Republican into the computer and you'd get Hillary if you entered Democrat. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    My only point was a moderate Hillary, minus the 30 years of baggage, destroys Trump in 2016.
    Since Klobuchar is a moderate with no baggage, I would like her chances against him in 2020. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    My only point was a moderate Hillary, minus the 30 years of baggage, destroys Trump in 2016.
    Since Klobuchar is a moderate with no baggage, I would like her chances against him in 2020. 
    Maybe, who knows. But I also thought Hillary would trounce Trump.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    There is a funny story about her eating a salad with a comb.  That is so bizarre a story I almost believe it.  Like claiming someone uses their dog to vacuum their house.  Who would even dream up such a scenario?  I'm not even interested in any other aspect of if she mistreated anyone,... that's neither here nor there ... did someone on the planet of earth decide to use a comb to eat a salad?

If true, her only option to go full Costanza, ala the eating a Snickers with a knife and fork. 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,237
    dignin said:
    At first I thought the same thing, until I saw how people kept sticking with him and doubling down on their support the more vile and insane he became. I was very unsure going into election day and everything kept pointing the wrong direction well before the results became apparent.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    dignin said:
    At first I thought the same thing, until I saw how people kept sticking with him and doubling down on their support the more vile and insane he became. I was very unsure going into election day and everything kept pointing the wrong direction well before the results became apparent.
    Don't get me wrong, on election night I was nervous. The fact that it was within the margin of error was bananas. 

But I still thought America wasn't that stupid. I was still positive.

I blocked the fact that Bush Jr. was elected TWICE from my memory I guess.
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    There is a funny story about her eating a salad with a comb.  That is so bizarre a story I almost believe it.  Like claiming someone uses their dog to vacuum their house.  Who would even dream up such a scenario?  I'm not even interested in any other aspect of if she mistreated anyone,... that's neither here nor there ... did someone on the planet of earth decide to use a comb to eat a salad?

If true, her only option to go full Costanza, ala the eating a Snickers with a knife and fork. 
    I thought you were full of shit, but NY Times has an article about it.

Maybe she's way more interesting than I thought.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    dignin said:
    Jason P said:

I thought you were full of shit, but NY Times has an article about it.

Maybe she's way more interesting than I thought.
    If it was one of these combs and she had no other options ..... and was locked in a closet or Tom Hanks deserted island where no one could observe ... 

... then it makes sense.  
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited February 2019
    dignin said:
    tbergs said:
    dignin said:
    Don't get me wrong, on election night I was nervous. The fact that it was within the margin of error was bananas. 

And I'm being told memes and twitter convinced democratic voters to support Trump or be duped into staying home and voting via text.... so according to some, Democrats are just as dumb, or dumber, than GOP voters....... 

Did you think "America was that stupid" when we elected Obama twice? 
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,105
    my2hands said:
    dignin said:
    tbergs said:
    dignin said:

And I'm being told memes and twitter convinced democratic voters to support Trump or be duped into staying home and voting via text.... so according to some, Democrats are just as dumb, or dumber, than GOP voters....... 

Of course not. It was a moment of great clarity where the intellectuals dominated the discourse! 

It is sad that who gets elected president depends on which side gets more if their dumbass voters to the polls.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    dignin said:
    tbergs said:
    dignin said:

I fail to see your point.
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    edited February 2019
    dignin said:
    This is what I never understood -- why people thought Clinton would trounce Trump. Did you ever have a conversation during the election with anyone who said they liked her as a candidate, even those people voting for her? Did you not watch get her crushed with horrible media coverage -- everything from the emails to her falling off the curb with pneumonia -- while every Trump rally was covered live on every major cable network, uninterrupted, from beginning to end?
    Living in a purple state, and volunteering for Clinton, I knew we had to work for every single damned vote in every single precinct in only four counties to just scrape by with a win in Virginia. I held my breath the entire general election season. It was never in the bag. People campaigning for her, contrary to the public perception that we were arrogant and over-confident, never believed that for one minute. Last summer I cried through her campaign memoir. She didn't believe it either, and no matter what she nor I nor any of her supporters say, it won't change what people think -- read the "Go Away Hillary" comments in the other thread (which I refuse to participate in) and you will see what I mean. THAT is what we were up against, and THAT is why she lost. A handful of precincts in a few states did not get their people out to vote. Period. 
    Post edited by what dreams on
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    edited January 2020
    Nvm.
    Post edited by Hi! on

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022