Options

Poll--The Weakest Link: AC/DC's 'Back In Black' Round 1

MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
edited February 2019 in Other Music
Ok, if you remember. A few years ago, I went through the Pearl Jam discography doing "Weakest Link" polls. I thought it was a fun time, and since I have really become disinterested in the Porch forum.... HERE WE GO. I will do a few of these for famous / critically acclaimed albums. So.... without further ado

We will play to determine the GREATEST song on AC/DC's album Back In Black.

For anyone new to the game:
You are going to pick the song that you think is the "Weakest Link" after 3 days I remove the three (3) songs with the most votes.
We will then move on to Round 2. - Remember you are voting to eliminate songs from contention.

Lets have fun with this. Remember debating and discussing why your right and others are wrong is always fun.  ;)

Poll--The Weakest Link: AC/DC's 'Back In Black' Round 1 35 votes

Hells Bells
0%
Shoot to Thrill
0%
What Do You Do for Money Honey
17%
cincybearcatBrainofBGAjoberschlakejjflashantares434Meltdown99 6 votes
Given the Dog a Bone
14%
dudemanDewieCoxLoujoetempo_n_grooveBlack,red,yellow 5 votes
Let Me Put My Love into You
34%
jeffbrPonciermookieblalockgoldrushdankindMedozKeeriepadavebuck502000rgambsnjnancydrakeheuer14CsAc99 12 votes
Back in Black
0%
You Shook Me All Night Long
2%
SmallestOceans 1 vote
Have a Drink on Me
0%
Shake a Leg
22%
mcgruff10DukeSpiritHorosBIGDaddyWilHesCalledDyerThirty Bills UnpaidF Me In The BrainHobbes 8 votes
Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution
8%
2-feign-reluctanceHorse2345Of The Aggie 3 votes
Post edited by MedozK on

Comments

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,766
    Given the Dog a Bone
    Just cranked hells bells today!
  • Options
    Shake a Leg
    Good exercise!

And the votes are all over the place lol
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,031
    Shake a Leg
    Glad to see this thread back!!!!  Tough call, right out of the chute! =)
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    This song could be removed from the album and it would not be missed. 

There are a couple that will go pretty easily and then it's gonna get tough.

I like this - refreshing and fun. Thanks!
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Shake a Leg
    Gonna be tough after the 1st round.
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,911
    What Do You Do for Money Honey
    Nice work! Loved these threads, really keen to see what other bands / albums you have in store for us! Bring it on 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    2nd and 3rd rounds will be very difficult. Hopefully everyone will enjoy revisiting this album, if you haven't listened to it in a while.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Shake a Leg
    So many good songs...but the first few should be relatively simple
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,766
    Given the Dog a Bone

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Given the Dog a Bone
    Can’t believe Pollution is already getting votes.

Something I just noticed...Back In Black, for all its perceived greatness, has quite a few very average songs.

I gotta put my trust in humanity that Hell’s Bells will be the last left standing.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
    'scuse me for interrupting this fine thread for a moment but I'm intrigued by it as there seems to be a lot of love for this album.  I've never much gotten into AC/DC, mainly for the lame reason that one of their best known songs ("You Shook Me All Night Long") still reverberates painfully from what should be a long-forgotten heartbreak (and I'm happily married now several years so it's not so much the specific heartbreak as it is the song reflecting a by-gone pain.)  Anyway, the point is,  that experience stopped me from exploring this album further than what got air play and now exempts me from voting here due to lack of familiarity.  You've all peaked my interest here.  I may have to give this one a fair chance after-all.  

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Given the Dog a Bone
    brianlux said:
    'scuse me for interrupting this fine thread for a moment but I'm intrigued by it as there seems to be a lot of love for this album.  I've never much gotten into AC/DC, mainly for the lame reason that one of their best known songs ("You Shook Me All Night Long") still reverberates painfully from what should be a long-forgotten heartbreak (and I'm happily married now several years so it's not so much the specific heartbreak as it is the song reflecting a by-gone pain.)  Anyway, the point is,  that experience stopped me from exploring this album further than what got air play and now exempts me from voting here due to lack of familiarity.  You've all peaked my interest here.  I may have to give this one a fair chance after-all.  

Start w the album cover.  It's all black in honor of Bon Scott.

It has one of the most recognizable rock songs in Shook me.

Hell Bells is a chilling great song and great way to open the album.
  • Options
    Shake a Leg
    brianlux said:

In my mind... Back in Black and Highway to Hell are the two classic/great ACDC albums- ranking up there with any album ever.

Some of my friends insist that a few others need to be in the mix, but it's not even close in my mind.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Shake a Leg
    brianlux said:

In my mind... Back in Black and Highway to Hell are the two classic/great ACDC albums- ranking up there with any album ever.

Some of my friends insist that a few others need to be in the mix, but it's not even close in my mind.
    Dirty Deeds is so good....Ride On is my favorite ACDC song.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    brianlux said:

Put the album on... sit back, close your eyes, and enjoy one of the greatest rock albums of all time.

Side Note: I got my first speeding ticket while listening to this album (Shoot to Thrill was actually the song on when I saw the blue lights..lol)
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    edited February 2019
    I would  pick every song as a weak link because  AC/DC    never did much for me. 

I like this type of FUN thread, though. 
    Post edited by cutz on
  • Options
    Shake a Leg
    MedozK said:
    brianlux said:

Put the album on... sit back, close your eyes, and enjoy one of the greatest rock albums of all time.

Side Note: I got my first speeding ticket while listening to this album (Shoot to Thrill was actually the song on when I saw the blue lights..lol)
    It's funny you mention that. I haven't had a ticket in nearly 20 years but the last 2 I got (plus a third warning) were ALL while listening to Soundgarden's Rusty Cage. :lol:
  • Options
    Shake a Leg
    BiB is one of those albums that I purchased no less than 5 times over the years.
    Not a huge number that fit that description that I can think of....but this is for sure one.  Pretty sure I played a few tapes until they broke.
  • Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    edited February 2019
    Shake a Leg probably has the best solo on the album. Lol U guys. Gon be tough though.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    Is this Danny Devito here on vocals?? :lol:
    https://youtu.be/vZEa6FIdeC0
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    Shake a Leg
    Is this Danny Devito here on vocals?? :lol:
    https://youtu.be/vZEa6FIdeC0

Those guys aren't too shabby!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited February 2019
    I want to play generally, but I can't for this particular poll, because there is no way in hell that I'm going to listen to an AC/DC album to figure out which is the worst song. I wish there was an all of the above option, lol. I can't stand AC/DC.
    Looking forward to the next polls though S_C!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Shake a Leg
    PJ_Soul said:
    I want to play generally, but I can't for this particular poll, because there is no way in hell that I'm going to listen to an AC/DC album to figure out which is the worst song. I wish there was an all of the above option, lol. I can't stand AC/DC.

What...

... in the gawddamn hell...

... is wrong with you?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited February 2019
    PJ_Soul said:

What...

... is wrong with you?
    I dunno. I liked them and listened to them enough in high school to know a ton of lyrics for the rest of my life, but at some point down the road they just started sounding really annoying to me. I'd say this occurred around 1999 or so, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    PJ_Soul said:

What...

... is wrong with you?
    I'm right ther with PJ_Soul as i can't stand AC/DC either. 

I'm also looking forward to the next polls.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,271
    I haven’t listened to AC/DC in years, so I’ll play along with this one using foggy memories of Back In Black. 

Looking forward to seeing what other polls the OP has in store!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Given the Dog a Bone
    cutz said:
    PJ_Soul said:

What...

... is wrong with you?

This music is definitely dated but there are 3 songs on this album that will never go away and as long as there are strip clubs the song "You shook me" will always be played...
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Shake a Leg
    Love these threads! :plus_one: 
  • Options
    Shake a Leg
    cutz said:
    PJ_Soul said:

What...

... is wrong with you?

This music is definitely dated but there are 3 songs on this album that will never go away and as long as there are strip clubs the song "You shook me" will always be played...
    I prefer my strippers dance to Moneytalks:smiley:
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    cutz said:
    PJ_Soul said:

What...

... is wrong with you?

I prefer my strippers dance to Moneytalks:smiley:
    @F Me In The Brain requests "Big Balls."

:lol:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
This discussion has been closed.