Options

EV at Wrigley again today?

lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
edited August 2008 in The Porch
not watching it, but he might be singing today...

"Back to the present, and it's even stranger than the past. There are people milling about the infield. Chris Chelios, wearing a Ryan Dempster Cubs jersey, is parading the Stanley Cup around the pitchers mound. He throws out the first pitch and sails it over Eddie Vedder's head. Yes, this is all really happening."
-

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    lostpuppylostpuppy Posts: 110
    he is not singing at wrigley today. let it go

heck, the game was in a rain delay last time i saw
  • Options
    Ed caught the first pitch from Chelios today. Chelios is singing 7th inning but I bet that Eddie will be in the booth with him.
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Ed caught the first pitch from Chelios today. Chelios is singing 7th inning but I bet that Eddie will be in the booth with him.

who? chris chelios? isnt he 145 years old?
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    81shark wrote:
    he is not singing at wrigley today. let it go

heck, the game was in a rain delay last time i saw

hmmm, sounds like misdirected anger. I wont bother to fire back. I need to spend less time on this board...like none. toxic and pointless environment.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    ;)

he actually caught the second pitch...chelios threw the first one over Ed's head.

;)

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    petrocs wrote:

He is still a good player at his age.... Chelios also mentioned that the Stanley Cup would be at Ed's show tonight.
  • Options
    pjaddictsince91pjaddictsince91 New Jersey Posts: 181
    petrocs wrote:
    That Greek bastard is still winning Cups dude!
    "I'm just feeling so tough with my ukelele...my badass mother f'in ukelele" EV 8/7/08 Newark, NJ

• Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    "buy me some penis and crack......."-ev... two 7th inning stretches ago.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497

I thought he missed completely, twice...but I was only glancing...and the sportscaster said "Now there's two names I'd never thought I'd say in the same sentence" or, "there's two people you'd never thought would be together..."
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    EvolverEvolver Posts: 525
    HA! Hilarious! Anybody catch the Sportcenter highlight of Ed catching for Chelios's pitch(es)?! John Buccigross says Ed "can't find a better man to throw out the first pitch". Sailed that one right over Ed's head. Probably thinkin' "Ament should have been here to throw that one out."
  • Options
    Evolver wrote:
    HA! Hilarious! Anybody catch the Sportcenter highlight of Ed catching for Chelios's pitch(es)?! John Buccigross says Ed "can't find a better man to throw out the first pitch". Sailed that one right over Ed's head. Probably thinkin' "Ament should have been here to throw that one out."
    Just saw that. That was great!
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    U_U_UU_U_U Posts: 8
    Evolver wrote:

Just caught it on Baseball Tonight. LOL! :)
  • Options
    yeah fortunately Ed's got the Evenflow vertical hops going on, allowed him to get leather on that second throw.
  • Options
    Ed should earn a Web Gem for that grab!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    or perhaps a Top Play Nominee
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,258
    I just saw Sportscenter too.

Hahahahahahaha! I'm actually kinda surprised Ed caught the second one!! I thought it too would sail over his head. Hahahaha!

So, I've been on the road the last couple days...he sang the stretch? And if so what did he talk about on the radio and TV?
  • Options
    Why_GoWhy_Go Posts: 87
    do u have a link?????
    my eyes peeled both wide open, and i got a glimpse
    of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • Options
    Not sure how long i'll keep it up, but here you go.

http://www.muschology.com/EddieVedder2008.Cubs.mp4

...R
    Every time I visit a forum, I'm reminded why I strongly dislike them.
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    he has been at the game the last two days and I am sure he will be there today as well..... make weekend of it :)

at Chicago II he said he was in town for 5 or 6 days
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    Why_GoWhy_Go Posts: 87
    sry dude it's not working?
    my eyes peeled both wide open, and i got a glimpse
    of my innocence... got back my inner sense...