Options

Taking Down Canadian Neo-Nazis

BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,542
edited January 2019 in A Moving Train
Seems the problem of men only white supremacist hate groups is alive and well in Canada as well.
Thanks to the 2 college journalists for exposing these hate filled pu$$ies.....

How 2 Student Reporters Exposed One Of The Internet's Biggest Neo-Nazis. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/zeiger-nazi-daily-stormer-montreal_us_5c12886ee4b002a46c153980?ncid=NEWSSTAND0001

Exclusive: Major neo-Nazi figure recruiting in Montreal
https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/major-neo-nazi-figure-recruiting-in-montreal

Comments

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Why would you think that racist groups don't exist here?  Canada has its share of racist people.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,711
    It's a major  bummer that these groups exist but at the same time, it's good to know that they are becoming more transparent because I things most people are not like these on the fringe.  I am hopeful that resistance to this kind of racism is increasing.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    if you thought there were no racists in canada, you haven't been to aboriginal-hating winnipeg. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,542
    The point of starting this thread and posting the links to the articles was to celebrate and applaud the journalists for what they did.
    Outing racists, white supremacists,  nazis, etc is a good thing

It was NOT done out of shock that Canada had racists.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    The point of starting this thread and posting the links to the articles was to celebrate and applaud the journalists for what they did.

I get what you are saying.  I guess I sometimes I think the world views of Canada is different from reality.  Just read the comment sections of Canadian newspapers tell you racism is alive in Canada.  But yes the University journalist did a good thing.  I did not mean to derail the topic.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,711
    if you thought there were no racists in canada, you haven't been to aboriginal-hating winnipeg. 
    Yeah, I've read about U.S. tribes in the 18th through early 20th century attempting to emigrate north not because there was no racism there but because they believed it was less severe.  Many (maybe even most) who made it there had and I guess still have a huge struggle.  But I didn't know Winnipeg was particularly egregious in aboriginal hatred.  That's a bummer to hear.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options

gotcha
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Yeah, I've read about U.S. tribes in the 18th through early 20th century attempting to emigrate north not because there was no racism there but because they believed it was less severe.  Many (maybe even most) who made it there had and I guess still have a huge struggle.  But I didn't know Winnipeg was particularly egregious in aboriginal hatred.  That's a bummer to hear.
    maclean's magazine (think Time magazine in canada) voted us the most racist city in canada. we have a massive aboriginal community, many or most live in or just above poverty. 

my parents are lovely people, but even they skew towards the "GET A JOB YOU LAZY BASTARD" side a bit. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com