Options

Your Unofficial Holiday Single is Here

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,737
    ^ Sold out.
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Thank you for sharing this song. I never heard it before. It's really nice. So this is Eddie Vedder guesting, and is it a James Taylor cover or something?
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    How can I have never heard this? That was ace!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    Thank you HT! Happy 2019!
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    edited January 2019
    It's amazing that this actually was included in a released disc (even though as an hidden track) and almost no one knew about it, me included. I'm going to buy that CD now just for it.
    Thanks to OP for the find.

ps: the excitement for this 2 minute cover really reveals how thirsty we are for new stuff.
    Post edited by Jammalambo on
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,834
    Wow :open_mouth: !! A hidden track indeed...OP, thanks for sharing :bow::clap::smiley:
  • Options
    BRONDOBRONDO Columbus, OH Posts: 399
    Thank you and happy new year to all!!
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,490
    Thank you!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Sweet! CD just shipped! :)

Anyone know if this was released on vinyl? 
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765
    edited January 2019
    demetrios said:

There is no record off this release on discogs their other two releases only show CDs
    Post edited by PB11041 on
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    PB11041 said:
    demetrios said:

There is no record off this release on discogs there are other two releases only show CDs
    Thanks! 
  • Options
    PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    Thanks! You’re a legend!
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,047
    i'm pretty sure there's another thread on here somewhere with reference to this song and it being hidden on McDowell's CD.  Or it was on facebook a couple of years ago. I'm too old to remember but I do remember something. Wish more of this kind of stuff would surface. We are due!
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    i'm pretty sure there's another thread on here somewhere with reference to this song and it being hidden on McDowell's CD.  Or it was on facebook a couple of years ago. I'm too old to remember but I do remember something. Wish more of this kind of stuff would surface. We are due!
    like the Out of the Furnace soundtrack he did. I WANT! 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    Me too!
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    Nice job!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    What is on the Out of the Furnace soundtrack?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    the producer or the director of the film said that ed did an entire soundtrack to the film and they decided not to use it and that no one will ever get to hear it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,941
    edited January 2019
    So weird Eddie recorded a new version of Release for it. 

No one talks about that version anymore.

Could have been a single.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    So weird Eddie recorded a new version of Release for it. 

No one talks about that version anymore.

Could have been a single.
    yeah, it was interesting for sure. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    the producer or the director of the film said that ed did an entire soundtrack to the film and they decided not to use it and that no one will ever get to hear it. 
    Damn that sucks.   Release it!!!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    I can't say I personally love the song, but I'm glad I heard it, and there is definitely a prettiness to it - thanks for posting!
    I'm really surprised I've never heard this before - I thought I'd heard everything there was to hear by now, including the really obscure stuff. I wonder if there is anything else out there that I haven't heard??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    PJ_Soul said:
    I can't say I personally love the song, but I'm glad I heard it, and there is definitely a prettiness to it - thanks for posting!
    I'm really surprised I've never heard this before - I thought I'd heard everything there was to hear by now, including the really obscure stuff. I wonder if there is anything else out there that I haven't heard??
    I'm guessing you've listened to the Birdman sessions?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d49MmvmEGJE
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Have you heard zoom?
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,047
    PJ_Soul said:
     I wonder if there is anything else out there that I haven't heard?? 

first rule about the fight club is we don't talk about the fight club (or something like that LOL)
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Have you heard zoom?
    NO. :scream:
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I'm guessing you've listened to the Birdman sessions?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d49MmvmEGJE
    Yes... Man, can EV ever not cover Tom Petty well, lol. I think he should give up on doing that. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Have you heard zoom?
    I don't think so! Doesn't ring a bell anyway. What is it??
  • Options
    This was on a bootleg called New Songs 3.  I guess Ed called in to some radio show and played this.  No clue who the person is in the video, just listen to the audio.  ZOOM:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LCGqdL3HAM
  • Options
    Lol, now that is obscure. Thanks.
    I wonder who the fuck is in the vid? :lol: