First MSG Show from 9/10/98

Hope everyone had a good holiday! While there’s no new LO4L episode today we’ll be back next week covering the band’s first appearance at the Garden from September of 98.

You guys probably know the drill by now - it you were there and have any good stories or memories to share we’d love to hear from you so we can use it on the podcast. Keep in mind, we’re covering Night 1 and not Night 2... so NOT the night they played Breath! Sorry if I have to clarify, other forums didn’t quite figure that out! Not to worry because we’ll be covering every MSG show once a month in 2019.

Feel free to drop us a note at liveon4legspodcast@gmail.com or comment below!
Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com

Comments

• Episode available!
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

• In before McGruff says something about it being the best ever and he was in front row.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • In before McGruff says something about it being the best ever and he was in front row.
    You sure? This is night one and not night two. This wasn't one of their better efforts...

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    In before McGruff says something about it being the best ever and he was in front row.
    That was night two!!! Have I told that story before?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Not the greatest 98 show but even the worst 98 show is terrific compared to some eras
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    Not the greatest 98 show but even the worst 98 show is terrific compared to some eras
    It was a good warmup for the magic of night 2. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    This show was a disaster.  Night 2 made it a complete faded memory instantly.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    My forgotten show. Remember scalping a ticket for the prior Meadowlands show though. Started counting my PJ ticket stubs 10 years later, trying to figure out how many PJ shows I attended & came across the stub from 9/10. Not the first show I don't recall,  :open_mouth: . I wonder who I took with my other PJ ticket. May have to check ticket again, see where I sat & hope for some recall   =)
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Here's my story.  I was caller 92 to a New York radio station and won a pair of tickets to this show.  It was a couple of weeks before the show, and I still had not received my tickets.  I called the radio station to see what was going on and was told the station had no record of me winning Pearl Jam tickets.  They checked their records and told me I won Creed tickets, not Pearl Jam  :o   Needless to say, I was furious.  I told them I would never even call in for Creed tickets.  I told them to go back and check the tape of the show only to be told they didn't have one.  After another phone call or two, they finally relented and sent my  Pearl Jam tickets.  
    Here's my story.  I was caller 92 to a New York radio station and won a pair of tickets to this show.  It was a couple of weeks before the show, and I still had not received my tickets.  I called the radio station to see what was going on and was told the station had no record of me winning Pearl Jam tickets.  They checked their records and told me I won Creed tickets, not Pearl Jam  :o   Needless to say, I was furious.  I told them I would never even call in for Creed tickets.  I told them to go back and check the tape of the show only to be told they didn't have one.  After another phone call or two, they finally relented and sent my  Pearl Jam tickets.  
    K-Rock!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• on2legs said:
    Here's my story.  I was caller 92 to a New York radio station and won a pair of tickets to this show.  It was a couple of weeks before the show, and I still had not received my tickets.  I called the radio station to see what was going on and was told the station had no record of me winning Pearl Jam tickets.  They checked their records and told me I won Creed tickets, not Pearl Jam  :o   Needless to say, I was furious.  I told them I would never even call in for Creed tickets.  I told them to go back and check the tape of the show only to be told they didn't have one.  After another phone call or two, they finally relented and sent my  Pearl Jam tickets.  
    K-Rock!
    Slowly but surely Alt 92.3 is becoming more like the old K-Rock.  I just don't understand their lack of Pearl Jam.
    on2legs said:
    K-Rock!
    Slowly but surely Alt 92.3 is becoming more like the old K-Rock.  I just don't understand their lack of Pearl Jam.
    I like that station and I appreciate it with the lack of rock/alt rock stations in the NYC area.  But there’s something off with the playlist.  I find myself scratching my head with some of the stuff they play.  When ever I’m near my computer at home or work I stream 104.5 out of Philly.  Much better playlist.