Options

Free Audio book Service - Libby

Libby is the app name.  All you need is a library card from your local public library (technically not free if you pay local taxes).  Look up your library, enter your card number and BAM!

Anywho, this app has been around for a while but I just started looking at audiobooks and the subscription services out there are charging like $15 / month and you only get a book a month.  The downside is that it's like a library book and usually only one copy is available for checkout (it downloads to your phone) so something uber popular like Harry Potter will have a long wait list.  The upside is that there are a ton of good books out there that are available to checkout.

This has been a Jason P public service announcement

Comments

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Jason P said:
    Libby is the app name.  All you need is a library card from your local public library (technically not free if you pay local taxes).  Look up your library, enter your card number and BAM!

Anywho, this app has been around for a while but I just started looking at audiobooks and the subscription services out there are charging like $15 / month and you only get a book a month.  The downside is that it's like a library book and usually only one copy is available for checkout (it downloads to your phone) so something uber popular like Harry Potter will have a long wait list.  The upside is that there are a ton of good books out there that are available to checkout.

This has been a Jason P public service announcement
    Good post! I just discovered Libby a few weeks ago when I went to my library's website. Free access to a massive library of e-books and audiobooks is a pretty great benefit. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08