Your 2018 Concert Resume

2»

Comments

  • cutzcutz Posts: 7,863
    U2
    PJ-Prague
    PJ-Krakow
    PJ-Berlin
    Walter Trout
    PJ-Boston
    PJ-Boston
    Dweezil Zappa
  • rummyrummy Ontario, CanadaPosts: 2,644
    rummy said:
    02-20 Noel Gallagher (Toronto)
    05-13 Liam Gallagher (Toronto)
    07-19 Radiohead (Toronto)
    07-20 Radiohead (Toronto)
    08-08 Pearl Jam (Seattle)
    08-10 Pearl Jam (Seattle)
    ..and that's it.
    Of course he did, lol!

    Sorry but this made me crack up!
    I did get to see him in Nov 2017 do I shouldn't complain too much. However, he did cut the show short and left without a "goodbye" to the crowd. It's really too bad. Oasis music is fun music - Gallagher concerts are always a good time (as long as they actually occur).
    Auckland 1998, Toronto 1 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Toronto 1&2 2016, Seattle 1&2 2018
    • QOTSA x2 
    • One Big Holiday 
    • 311 Day                                                                                                                                                                                                  
    • Brian Fallon                                                                                        
    • The War on Drugs                                                         
    • Futurebirds                                                       
    • U2                                                                                                   
    • Ben Harper                                                
    • Lauren Ruth Ward                                        
    • Lord Huron                                                                                    
    • Kansas                                                                                                   
    • The Sword                                                                                        
    • The Cult                                                                                                   
    • Slightly Stoopid x2                                            
    • Metalachi                                                          
    • Ozomatli                                                          
    • Jim James x3                                                          
    • Sam Outlaw                                                                                                                        
    • Steel Pulse
    • 311/The Offspring
    • Foreigner/Whitesnake                                                                                          
    • Shooter Jennings                                            
    • The Alarm                                                                                             
    • Jason Isbell                                                        
    • Smashing Pumpkins                                       
    • Marcus King Band                                                                  
    • Rebelution/Stephen Marley                        
    • KAABOO Festival    
    • J Roddy Walston                                        
    • Culture Club/Tom Bailey                           
    • Def Leppard/Journey                                                                    
    • Lukas Nelson                                                  
    •  Dawes                                                                                    
    • J Mascis                                                              
    • Royal Machines                                                                            
    • Eric Rachmany                                                                                                                  

  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MNPosts: 1,536
    Not much this year. Guess that happens when you have a toddler and have to pay an extra $50 for a babysitter.

    - Brandi Carlile
    - Neko Case
    - Blitzen Trapper
    - Foo Fighters
    - Trampled by Turtles (twice)
    - Lord Huron
    - Brian Fallon
    - Drive by Truckers

    Missed due to the kid having hand, foot and mouth disease: Hinterland Music Fest (Sturgill Simpson, Band of Horses, Nathaniel Rateliff and the Sweats, Chvrches, etc...).

    As for Brandi Carlile. My wife is a mega Brandi fan, so I’ve seen her a few times. Always thought she was a good performer, but this time I was blown away. She and her band may be one of the best touring acts out there. Go see her if you can.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast OhioPosts: 7,824
    Not much this year. Guess that happens when you have a toddler and have to pay an extra $50 for a babysitter.

    - Brandi Carlile
    - Neko Case
    - Blitzen Trapper
    - Foo Fighters
    - Trampled by Turtles (twice)
    - Lord Huron
    - Brian Fallon
    - Drive by Truckers

    Missed due to the kid having hand, foot and mouth disease: Hinterland Music Fest (Sturgill Simpson, Band of Horses, Nathaniel Rateliff and the Sweats, Chvrches, etc...).

    As for Brandi Carlile. My wife is a mega Brandi fan, so I’ve seen her a few times. Always thought she was a good performer, but this time I was blown away. She and her band may be one of the best touring acts out there. Go see her if you can.
    I recently had a friend check out my setlist.fm list and she said, "You have a few years gap." "Yes, I was busy being mom." 

    Our kiddo had a suppressed immune system due to birth status (adopted) and that killed concerts for a while.  It's all good though.  You'll be going to concerts with your kiddo sooner than you think.  

    HFM sucks.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 4,867
    edited December 2018
    April 2018:  Mannie Fresh and Juvenile 
    I dont know fellas.  I think i still win.  
    Ca$h money records takin over for the 99 and the 2000s
  • I dont remember all the dates but in order: 

    The Breeders, London UK
    Belly, Portsmouth 
    PJ Amsterdam 
    PJ London
    PJ Prague
    PJ Krakow
    PJ Berlin
    PJ Seattle 1
    PJ Seattle 2
    Mudhoney Seattle
    PJ London 
    Turin Brakes, Southampton
    Greta van Fleet, London
    Mudhoney, Brighton 

    I forgot the tribute bands, 3xPJ nights....

    Booked for 2019 so far:
    The Lemonheads
    Fun Lovin Criminals
    AiC
    Neil Young
    And contemplating Brandi Carlile at the Gorge, if no US PJ dates are happening, I'll head back to Seattle anyway.....
  • ComeToTXComeToTX AustinPosts: 5,859
    Josh Ritter
    Dan Auerbach
    Brian Fallon
    One Big Holiday Festival in Dominican Republic
    Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers
    J Roddy Walston and the Business
    Jason Isbell x2
    Dr. Dog
    Wilderado x3
    ACL Festival
    Joe Pug
    Ween
    Justin Townes Earle
    John Prine
    Frank Turner
    Lucero x2
    Caroline Rose
    Iron & Wine
    Micky and the Motorcars
    Pearl Jam Home Shows
    Jim James
    Gregory Alan Isakov
    Willie Nelson
    Turnpike Troubadors
    American Aquarium
    Shakey Graves
    Moon Taxi
    John Butler Trio
    Robert Earl Keen
    Jack Ingram 
    Andrew Combs
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,002
    Not much this year. Guess that happens when you have a toddler and have to pay an extra $50 for a babysitter.

    - Brandi Carlile
    - Neko Case
    - Blitzen Trapper
    - Foo Fighters
    - Trampled by Turtles (twice)
    - Lord Huron
    - Brian Fallon
    - Drive by Truckers

    Missed due to the kid having hand, foot and mouth disease: Hinterland Music Fest (Sturgill Simpson, Band of Horses, Nathaniel Rateliff and the Sweats, Chvrches, etc...).

    As for Brandi Carlile. My wife is a mega Brandi fan, so I’ve seen her a few times. Always thought she was a good performer, but this time I was blown away. She and her band may be one of the best touring acts out there. Go see her if you can.
    I always liked Brandi Carlile, but never really dug deep into her music. That was until her newest album, By the Way, I forgive you - that has blown me away. Easily my favourite album of 2018 and I have found myself going back through her catalogue. Unfortunately she doesn't have any plans to tour Australia as yet, but I will be there if she does come her.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • YefaYefa Posts: 980
    Drive-By Truckers (27x)
    Dimmer Twins/Micah Schnabel/Shane Sweeney/Michael Paul Brennan  
    Mike Cooley  
    Patterson Hood (2x)
    Jay Gonzalez  
    Rob Aldridge & the Proponents 
    Neil Young (2 solo, 2 with POTReal, & Farm Aid with POTReal)
    Pearl Jam (11x)
    Widespread Panic (3x)
    Pearl Jamm (PJ cover band)
    Nebula
    Black Label Society/Corrosion of Conformity/Eyehategod
    Exhorder
    Tyler Childers/Kelsey Waldon
    Lucero
    Jonathan Wilson  
    Earthless/Kikagaku Moyo
    of Montreal
    As the Crow Flies
    Gov't Mule
    Calexico/Ryley Walker  
    Follakzoid
    Demilich/Blood Incantation/Artificial Brain
    Alice In Chains/Walking Papers
    Fu Manchu/Mos Generator
    Maryland Deathfest (May 24-27 in Baltimore)
    The Magpie Salute
    Chris Robinson Brotherhood
    Sleep  
    Slang
    Dinosaur Jr.
    Psycho Las Vegas (4 days in Las Vegas in August)
    Arthur Buck
    Game of Thrones Live Concert Experience
    Spiritualized
    Youssou N'Dour
    Pistol Annies
    Jeff Tweedy
    Redd Voelcker
    Yo La Tengo
    Heron Oblivion
    Strand of Oaks/Joe Pug/Carl Broemel
    Hiss Golden Messenger
    Ryley Walker  
    Dead Meadow/Ruby the Hatchet/Ecstatic Vision
    Margo Price/Lilly Hiatt
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

    http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 27,379
    Yefa said:
    Drive-By Truckers (27x)

    Holy shit! That's awesome. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

    1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 4,609
    slightly over 40 ticketed shows last year.
  • karl_chihirokarl_chihiro Posts: 213
    LukinFan said:
    Yefa said:
    Drive-By Truckers (27x)

    Holy shit! That's awesome. 
    Might be the singer  :pensive:
    26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.




  • ComeToTXComeToTX AustinPosts: 5,859
    LukinFan said:
    Yefa said:
    Drive-By Truckers (27x)

    Holy shit! That's awesome. 
    No shit! Do you work for them. 

    They were the only one of my favorite bands I didn’t see this year. I was out of town when they came. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 17,280
    Yefa said:
    Drive-By Truckers (27x)
    Dimmer Twins/Micah Schnabel/Shane Sweeney/Michael Paul Brennan  
    Mike Cooley  
    Patterson Hood (2x)
    Jay Gonzalez  
    Rob Aldridge & the Proponents 
    Neil Young (2 solo, 2 with POTReal, & Farm Aid with POTReal)
    Pearl Jam (11x)
    Widespread Panic (3x)
    Pearl Jamm (PJ cover band)
    Nebula
    Black Label Society/Corrosion of Conformity/Eyehategod
    Exhorder
    Tyler Childers/Kelsey Waldon
    Lucero
    Jonathan Wilson  
    Earthless/Kikagaku Moyo
    of Montreal
    As the Crow Flies
    Gov't Mule
    Calexico/Ryley Walker  
    Follakzoid
    Demilich/Blood Incantation/Artificial Brain
    Alice In Chains/Walking Papers
    Fu Manchu/Mos Generator
    Maryland Deathfest (May 24-27 in Baltimore)
    The Magpie Salute
    Chris Robinson Brotherhood
    Sleep  
    Slang
    Dinosaur Jr.
    Psycho Las Vegas (4 days in Las Vegas in August)
    Arthur Buck
    Game of Thrones Live Concert Experience
    Spiritualized
    Youssou N'Dour
    Pistol Annies
    Jeff Tweedy
    Redd Voelcker
    Yo La Tengo
    Heron Oblivion
    Strand of Oaks/Joe Pug/Carl Broemel
    Hiss Golden Messenger
    Ryley Walker  
    Dead Meadow/Ruby the Hatchet/Ecstatic Vision
    Margo Price/Lilly Hiatt
    This is one concert every 4 days or so.  You are either independently wealthy, retired or both...
  • jessebasijessebasi TorontoPosts: 145
    Damn...was a great year for concerts.

    2/17 - Robert Plant
    4/7 - Jeff Tweedy
    4/22 - Steven Wilson
    5/24 - Queens of the Stone Age
    6/2 - Big Wreck
    6/9 - Jack White
    6/12 - Paul Simon
    6/15 - Robert Plant
    6/29 - U2
    7/3 - Phoenix
    7/12 - Foo Fighters
    7/16 - Radiohead
    7/17 - Radiohead
    7/18 - Junun
    7/19 - Radiohead
    7/20 - Radiohead
    7/22 - Arcade Fire
    8/3 - David Byrne
    8/4 - The National & Father John Misty
    8/5 - Arctic Monkeys
    8/8 - Smashing Pumpkins
    8/30 - New Order
    10/8 - Gorillaz
    10/11 - Phil Collins
    10/16 - Florence and the Machine
    10/22 - Nine Inch Nails
    10/23 - Nine Inch Nails
    10/27 - Metallica
    11/8 - Jack White
    11/9 - A Perfect Circle
    11/25 - Steven Wilson
    11/26 - Steven Wilson
    12/1 - Thom Yorke
    12/2 - Thom Yorke
    12/17 - Mumford & Sons

    Here’s to 2019!! (and hopefully some PJ shows this year)
    2016 - Toronto I (Binaural!), Toronto II
  • YefaYefa Posts: 980
    ComeToTX said:
    LukinFan said:
    Yefa said:
    Drive-By Truckers (27x)

    Holy shit! That's awesome. 
    No shit! Do you work for them. 

    They were the only one of my favorite bands I didn’t see this year. I was out of town when they came. 
    No I don't work for them.  I'm just a big fan and their ticket prices are typically quite reasonable.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

    http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 45,960
    edited January 10
    The zero shows trend continues for me into 2019. Last show I saw was Pearl Jam in St.Louis 2014. Raising babies is expensive! Haha!
    awkward michael scott GIF


    :lol: Yeah, this is one of the reasons I don't have kids, lol.

    But dude, omg, get your ass to a show. They aren't ALL expensive!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast OhioPosts: 7,824
    PJ_Soul said:
    The zero shows trend continues for me into 2019. Last show I saw was Pearl Jam in St.Louis 2014. Raising babies is expensive! Haha!
    awkward michael scott GIF


    :lol: Yeah, this is one of the reasons I don't have kids, lol.

    But dude, omg, get your ass to a show. They aren't ALL expensive!
    I have many gap years because of raising a kiddo.  She is now 15 and goes to some of the shows with me.  Sometimes as a family or couple, sometimes separately, sometimes with kiddo in tow with either me or my husband.  Often it isn't just the idea of just a show, but babysitting cost, ticket x 2 (because you'd like to share a show with your spouse), potentially a meal out, transport (occasionally), parking (usually), merch (not always), hydration (nearly always) . . . You have ticket fees that are occasionally half of the original ticket price . . . Shows aren't cheap and neither are kids.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 45,960
    deadendp said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    The zero shows trend continues for me into 2019. Last show I saw was Pearl Jam in St.Louis 2014. Raising babies is expensive! Haha!
    awkward michael scott GIF


    :lol: Yeah, this is one of the reasons I don't have kids, lol.

    But dude, omg, get your ass to a show. They aren't ALL expensive!
    I have many gap years because of raising a kiddo.  She is now 15 and goes to some of the shows with me.  Sometimes as a family or couple, sometimes separately, sometimes with kiddo in tow with either me or my husband.  Often it isn't just the idea of just a show, but babysitting cost, ticket x 2 (because you'd like to share a show with your spouse), potentially a meal out, transport (occasionally), parking (usually), merch (not always), hydration (nearly always) . . . You have ticket fees that are occasionally half of the original ticket price . . . Shows aren't cheap and neither are kids.  
    Okay... I actually go to a lot of shows alone, take transit, never buy merch... these hurdles you speak of can largely be avoiding if you have the will, lol! ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
2»
Sign In or Register to comment.