Can't Deny Me was released 9 months ago today

2»

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    Just tried watching this on YouTube, I couldn’t get through it.  I like the guitars but I hate how Ed sings it.  
    Face it, @mcgruff10, we love our vintage 95-96' Pearl Jam too much.

happy jim carrey GIF

I think you might have hit the nail on the head.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    I've never had the desire to listen to that song all the way through.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    edited December 2018
    I enjoy the new music but the number of good songs has dropped off with each album since 2000 to 2009 imo. I put LB right behind Avocado in quality and ahead of Backspacer with ease so at least they are going in the right direction. Can't Deny Me is a strong message that is not that great of a song especially being a first single and coming out over a year before the forthcoming album. It is not selling the album for anybody as a single should and it is not even as good as MYM which I think is just an ok song. Here is to hoping they figure out they do not need this new "single" on the new album and find a better song to promote it with. I am still very excited to see what this band is going to come up with. 

Post edited by PJNB on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    prior to any announcement, I'm sad to say I just don't "pine" for new PJ music the way I used to, or even the way I do for other bands. I dig CDM, but maybe I'm just trying too hard to like it. I mean, if this song was by another band, would i listen to it more than twice? I don't know. 

now, if they announce a new album coming, I'm sure I'll get jazzed about it. especially since that will mean the possibility of seeing them live again. But until then.......
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 335
    bump, read the christmas single post... if this band has taught us anything it's to use your voice... i hope i'm not the only one... (although i'm not a member of the preferred diamond platinum 10 card club)... also known as the elitist rich fan club members that are on the rail at every show because they can afford to be, and the ebay flippers that buy 2 of everything, including limited edition items so they can trade or sell them later, depending if they're a fan or a flipper... while fans and members that live paycheck to paycheck just hope to get a shirt or a poster and hopefully tickets to just one show, because for us it's all about the music... so are we fans of pearl jam and their music..., or pj incorporated, and limited edition items we can't afford...!?!?! (unless you're an elitist diamond card preferred member)...

speaking as a child of the band i love that never gave a fuck about money because it was always about the music...
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • On a different note. State college 2003 encore is gas. 9 minute crazy Mary. 10 minute porch. 10 min ritfw.  Not bad!! We dare you to leave. 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • my_wave said:
    bump, read the christmas single post... if this band has taught us anything it's to use your voice... i hope i'm not the only one... (although i'm not a member of the preferred diamond platinum 10 card club)... also known as the elitist rich fan club members that are on the rail at every show because they can afford to be, and the ebay flippers that buy 2 of everything, including limited edition items so they can trade or sell them later, depending if they're a fan or a flipper... while fans and members that live paycheck to paycheck just hope to get a shirt or a poster and hopefully tickets to just one show, because for us it's all about the music... so are we fans of pearl jam and their music..., or pj incorporated, and limited edition items we can't afford...!?!?! (unless you're an elitist diamond card preferred member)...

speaking as a child of the band i love that never gave a fuck about money because it was always about the music...
    Says who?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    my_wave said:

Says who?

not Gene Simmons.......... that's for sure

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2