Iso: a violin!

mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,403
edited December 2018 in Lost Dogs
long story short, my five year old desperately wants a violin for christmas. Anybody have one lying around collecting dust?  Let me know if you do!!! Thanks!!!
mike 
I'll ride the wave where it takes me......

Comments

• deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    For a 5 year old, look for a Suzuki violin.  Lil violins for lil people. Much cheaper than the $1500 that we just paid out this summer for a new violin for our daughter. (She'll be 15 and has played since the 6th grade.) They are sized for lil people, fully playable and if kiddo is looking to try to play, any dusty violin will be too enormous.  FYI. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,403
    I will check it out.  Thank you!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • sheckyshecky Posts: 1,774
    Also, you can rent one from a local music store. Much cheaper than buying an expensive instrument (violins ain't cheap) then having the kid lose interest after a few weeks.
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    shecky said:
    Also, you can rent one from a local music store. Much cheaper than buying an expensive instrument (violins ain't cheap) then having the kid lose interest after a few weeks.
    Our daughter's first violin was a three year rental. Rental costs accrued over the 36 months and could be used as credit toward the purchase of a new violin at our lil mom and pop store up the way.  By the time we went to purchase, we had $510 in rental credit.  It was pretty awesome. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1