Comments

• RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    edited December 2018
    Oh come on.
    Post edited by RYME on
  • RYME said:
    Oh come on.

Welcome back.

I thought after the good tongue lashing you gave everyone for not respecting Donald and the indignation you felt towards the band for not respecting Donald... you said you were dunzo?

Have you finally seen the light with regards to president poopy pants (what a lying, deceitful turd he turned out to be after all)? In this event... welcome back as well! 
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    edited December 2018
    Perhaps some ancient gods were displeased with the natives and are demanding a virgin to be sacrificed.  More research will need to be done before this can be 100% confirmed, but my sources say it's very likely.  
    Post edited by Jason P on
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    There has also been a huge increase in quakes in Oklahoma the are believed to be related to all the fracking 
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    edited December 2018
    Perhaps Marshawn Lynch was in the area and accidentally activated Beast Mode.
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    I had to read about fracking. It didn't sound friendly towards earth, pressing down chemicals in the ground can't be good.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    This kind of thing happening was predicted.  And think about this: fracking, squeezing old out of tar sands- practices that are often so costly that they cost more than the oil brings in monetarily.  These are signs that we are ending the great age of cheap energy and so far, no substitute for that cheap energy has been found.  We are forcing ourselves into having to live a much simpler yet more strenuous life as a species.  This is why I often recommend this series of novels that, though fiction and probably not totally accurate, are well written, engaging, and at least give a flavor of what is to come:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

I've been a diehard pj fan since 91.   Grown up with them like many of you.  Excited for every album release, and tour announcement.  Been to quite a few shows,  4 Eddie solo shows. I've got all the albums vinyls, CDs, DVDs, 100 bootlegs, a bunch of t-shirts, hoodies, hats, patches, pins, posters ect.  Quitting pj is like trying to quit smoking. I still dont appreciate the Missoula tour poster.  If somebody had depicted a dead Obama in a tour poster and passed it off as art, I would be just as offended.  I disagreed with a lot of what Obama did, but I don't wish the guy dead for Pete's sake.  There are plenty of other ways to express your disgust in a person, politician or whatever.   But I've moved on from that.  Its water under the bridge.  
    I don't think earthquakes are a right-left issue.  Earthquakes have been going on all over the world since the beginning of time.  Hawaii just had a volcano explode from May 2nd until early September.  What caused that?
    Earthquakes are nothing new to the world and particularly Alaska.
    https://earthquake.alaska.edu/earthquakes/about
    Oh well.

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    brianlux said:
    This kind of thing happening was predicted.  And think about this: fracking, squeezing old out of tar sands- practices that are often so costly that they cost more than the oil brings in monetarily.  These are signs that we are ending the great age of cheap energy and so far, no substitute for that cheap energy has been found.  We are forcing ourselves into having to live a much simpler yet more strenuous life as a species.  This is why I often recommend this series of novels that, though fiction and probably not totally accurate, are well written, engaging, and at least give a flavor of what is to come:

I will admit I'm ignorant about earthquakes as it relates to fracking.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    RYME said:
    I've been a diehard pj fan since 91.   Grown up with them like many of you.  Excited for every album release, and tour announcement.  Been to quite a few shows,  4 Eddie solo shows. I've got all the albums vinyls, CDs, DVDs, 100 bootlegs, a bunch of t-shirts, hoodies, hats, patches, pins, posters ect.  Quitting pj is like trying to quit smoking. I still dont appreciate the Missoula tour poster.  If somebody had depicted a dead Obama in a tour poster and passed it off as art, I would be just as offended.  I disagreed with a lot of what Obama did, but I don't wish the guy dead for Pete's sake.  There are plenty of other ways to express your disgust in a person, politician or whatever.   But I've moved on from that.  Its water under the bridge.  
    I don't think earthquakes are a right-left issue.  Earthquakes have been going on all over the world since the beginning of time.  Hawaii just had a volcano explode from May 2nd until early September.  What caused that?
    Oh well.

No one is denying natural disaster have been happening since the beginning of time.  It's that natural disasters is more frequent and far more powerful that worries people.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    RYME said:
    Oh well.

I think the seismologists who study these phenomena may have a better handle on it than you.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2018/12/01/british-columbia-earthquakes-caused-by-fracking-expert_a_23606079/?utm_hp_ref=ca-homepage
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    RYME said:
    Oh well.

I think the seismologists who study these phenomena may have a better handle on it than you.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2018/12/01/british-columbia-earthquakes-caused-by-fracking-expert_a_23606079/?utm_hp_ref=ca-homepage
    Look at this broad map of recent quakes around Alaska.  They are daily.  Fracking caused all of this? X around the world?  Hurricanes, tsunamis, tornadoes, quaks, volcanoes,  Earth is just doing it's thing.  Its like breathing.

https://earthquake.alaska.edu/earthquakes#sidr-0
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    Oh well.

Look at this broad map of recent quakes around Alaska.  They are daily.  Fracking caused all of this? X around the world?  Hurricanes, tsunamis, tornadoes, quaks, volcanoes,  Earth is just doing it's thing.  Its like breathing.

You’re a little lost here. No one is saying that all earthquakes are due to fracking, but some, in the area where fracking occurs, are. 

Also, why do you keep taking about Alaska? 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    Oh well.

You’re a little lost here. No one is saying that all earthquakes are due to fracking, but some, in the area where fracking occurs, are. 

RYME, what oftenreading is saying here is solid- fracking does not cause all earthquakes and no major quakes, but some earthquakes are caused by fracking.  

Of course, this is not the only reason to object to fracking.  Other problems caused by fracking include:

-Water and air pollution.
    -In some cases, fracking has caused respiratory illness to residents living near the site (and likely workers as well).
    -Fracking results in chemicals polluting surface waters and this has been linked to pregnancy issues including premature births.
    -It creates noise pollution and stress to those in surrounding areas.
    -It is often harmful to surrounding ecosystems.
    -It increases the potential for incidents of oil spills.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    Oh well.

RYME, what oftenreading is saying here is solid- fracking does not cause all earthquakes and no major quakes, but some earthquakes are caused by fracking.  

Of course, this is not the only reason to object to fracking.  Other problems caused by fracking include:

-Water and air pollution.
    -In some cases, fracking has caused respiratory illness to residents living near the site (and likely workers as well).
    -Fracking results in chemicals polluting surface waters and this has been linked to pregnancy issues including premature births.
    -It creates noise pollution and stress to those in surrounding areas.
    -It is often harmful to surrounding ecosystems.
    -It increases the potential for incidents of oil spills.

Well taken.