Options

Alone was the best song at wrigley

prove me wrong

Comments

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,793
    Man. Love alone. Wasn't there but got sad into alone in London canada. Quite the pair. Will have to look up your Wrigley.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Great song. One of the highlights of Wrigley 1. Before they played it, Ed said something along the lines of “should we play one we don’t normally play?” I looked to the guy next to me and said, “Alone.” They started playing it and he looked at me like I was Nostradamus. Little did he know, I knew they had sound checked it the night prior, so it was not nearly as impressive of a guess. ;) 
  • Options
    Top 5 of my “need to see live” list. I won’t argue with your statement, probably is, have to listen to the boot sti
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 900
    One of the best of the seven US shows. Wrigley Not For You is special too, the way eddie talks about being a kid in Chicago is great, keep going back to that on the bootleg 
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,746
    That was awesome.  One of the last songs that I really wanted to hear live...was a nice surprise.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,767
    bbiggs said:
    Great song. One of the highlights of Wrigley 1. Before they played it, Ed said something along the lines of “should we play one we don’t normally play?” I looked to the guy next to me and said, “Alone.” They started playing it and he looked at me like I was Nostradamus. Little did he know, I knew they had sound checked it the night prior, so it was not nearly as impressive of a guess. ;) 
    Cheater! Cheaters eat peters!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    I’ve seen it twice.  It doesn’t get more polar opposite than The Fixer into Alone, but we got it in Newark 2010.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,767
    Would have to hear it lossless to say for sure, but just listened to 8.18 and man were there some really harsh moments at that show.  Alone was pretty good because kept the tempo moderated, missed prior to Corduory, which was quite good.  Hail, Hail and Animal were off, the latter was a total trainwreck.  Getaway they still struggle with and Mike clearly doesn't know the song.  Present Tense was very good, solid tempo vs the rushed versions in recent years.  Even Flow was solid with great interplay between Mike, Stone and Matt.  Missing seemed flat. Garden again, very good, good tempo for them.  Not for you was really rough the first half.  Can't Deny Me just seems to struggle live.  I like the song but it just doesn't quite find its footing ever.  Wishlist, rushed rushed rushed.  Good Porch to close things out.   Alone and Rearview were best things about the first 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    I have the entire 2018 tour, but have only managed to get through a few SA shows and some bits and pieces of the Seattle "Homeshows" this semester. I've got them all on one iPod and need to get started!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    my fave song of that night!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    PB11041 said:
    Would have to hear it lossless to say for sure, but just listened to 8.18 and man were there some really harsh moments at that show.  Alone was pretty good because kept the tempo moderated, missed prior to Corduory, which was quite good.  Hail, Hail and Animal were off, the latter was a total trainwreck.  Getaway they still struggle with and Mike clearly doesn't know the song.  Present Tense was very good, solid tempo vs the rushed versions in recent years.  Even Flow was solid with great interplay between Mike, Stone and Matt.  Missing seemed flat. Garden again, very good, good tempo for them.  Not for you was really rough the first half.  Can't Deny Me just seems to struggle live.  I like the song but it just doesn't quite find its footing ever.  Wishlist, rushed rushed rushed.  Good Porch to close things out.   Alone and Rearview were best things about the first 
    Wow. I disagree with probably 75% of your points here. Haha. Guess it’s one of those “your mileage may vary” kinds of things. 

Vocals are way out of time on much of the recording of Animal. Didn’t notice it live - someone else suggested it was likely Ed’s in-ear monitors being slightly delayed. Seems to be a reasonable explanation. Doesn’t limit my enjoyment of Hail Hail on the boot like it does Animal. Everything else on this show is pretty stellar. Most importantly, the sound engineering quality overall is really clean. I got the ALAC HD version of this show; haven’t heard other versions, but I’m so glad I did. It sounds immense! All of it is so clear. 

Crowd reaction to Missing was a little subdued - clearly, not many knew it. But my gosh, Ed sang the damn pants off that song! (Side note: Also sang my pants off.) band was tighter with it than in Seattle. 

i actually love love this version of Wishlist. That song never pumps me up, but he sings the chorus differently on this version (also sang it similarly at Ohana), and it’s just beautiful. Much more uplifting. 

We we can all agree that Alone is incredible, and the intro sung right into the opening RVM riff is one of my favorite live moments I’ve experienced with this band. 

There were really far too many great moments to name them all. It’s probably my favorite of all the shows I’ve been to. And the bootleg is amazing. 
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,746
    PB11041 said:

Sure sounds you like you have a lot of fun listening to bootlegs!!