Goose Island BCBS and it's Variants

Comments

• Wobbie said:
    This thread keeps getting trolled so watch your comments everyone. 

I was surprised to see TnG has a hipster beard.
    I used to braid it which was different then I decided to let it breathe and then yes, it became a hipster beard...
  • bbiggs said:
    Look at this amazing concoction. Read the description of what it is. Wow!

We need a recipe for that!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    That looks amazing! I walked into my bar last night and there was a shiny new goose head on the taps!! Had two glasses, might go back and do a growler fill tonight, haven't decided yet.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    That looks amazing! I walked into my bar last night and there was a shiny new goose head on the taps!! Had two glasses, might go back and do a growler fill tonight, haven't decided yet.
    Wow...surprised your bar would let you get a whole growler of BCS!!  That's a shitload of a 15% beer....
    Wow...surprised your bar would let you get a whole growler of BCS!!  That's a shitload of a 15% beer....
    The owner is one of my best friends, he doesn't have much of a choice. :lol:
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Is he one of your best friends or are you one of his best customers? I guess it's possible to both have a different view of each other in a bar.  :)
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
    Nah, we've been friends since about '95-96.  He bought the bar in '09.
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    I was just bustin' your balls. ;)
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    I haven’t cracked open a 2018 regular yet. I plan to do so this weekend. I hear it has a more “fudgey” (is that a word?) taste this year. Those who have tried it, do you agree? 
    I was just bustin' your balls. ;)
    Oh I know, no worries.  But I know what you mean though.
    Had the bramble rye and wheatwine last night.  Really liked the bramble and surprisingly enjoyed the wheatwine.  Didn't think I would like that one.  Had some of the vanilla too...liking that more every time I drink it.  So good.
    ^ The wheatwine keeps getting good reviews. I’m looking forward to trying it. I had my first regular last night and it didn’t disappoint as usual.  
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    Had the bramble rye and wheatwine last night.  Really liked the bramble and surprisingly enjoyed the wheatwine.  Didn't think I would like that one.  Had some of the vanilla too...liking that more every time I drink it.  So good.

I’ll take “three things that shouldn’t be in beer” for $500, alex.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I opened a coffee barleywine today. It pains me to say this, but I hated it. I dumped half down the drain. I love stouts. I love coffee. I usually enjoy the two together, but this one missed for me. 
  • bbiggs said:
    I opened a coffee barleywine today. It pains me to say this, but I hated it. I dumped half down the drain. I love stouts. I love coffee. I usually enjoy the two together, but this one missed for me. 
    I gave the growler I got to my local shop and all them liked it.

Hmmm.
    bbiggs said:
    I gave the growler I got to my local shop and all them liked it.

Hmmm.
    Yeah I don’t know man. I might have to give it another spin but it was not good yesterday. I don’t recall ever NOT liking a barrel aged coffee stout, so maybe it’s the barleywine flavor mixed with it that doesn’t do it for me. I think most people have liked this one. 
    bbiggs said:

Yeah I don't have much interest in this one.  I'm not a fan of the regular barleywines.  Was pretty bummed that they decided to do this instead of a regular coffee stout this year....the coffee stout is always one of my favorites.
  • Mail day!!!

got hooked up!!!
    ^ Nice dude! 2 excellent ones right there. 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited December 2018
    My local grocery store got a case of standard 2018s in.  Picked up a few.   Delicious.  Drank one side by side with a standard 2017.   Id have to give it to 2017 right now.  

I’ll probably drink my remaining 2017s in the next few months.  I’ll let the four 2018s age for a year.  I have yet to try my Vanilla

and ive been making my own floats with dark chocolate gellato :lol:
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
    ^ You’ve really been making the floats? I’ve been wanting to but haven’t gotten to it. What’s the ratio of gelato vs beer? Have you used any additional ingredients? 
    Had some midnight orange and some 2018 Prop over the past couple days.  Enjoyed both of these much more out of the bottle than I did on tap when I originally had them.  When I had the prop it tasted like straight up chocolate....wasn't as overpowering out of the bottle.  And then with the orange I had the opposite...barely got any orange flavor on tap but it was much more balanced with the orange and chocolate out of the bottle.  Good stuff.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    “orange”? “chocolate”? :face_palm:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    My brother is getting married tomorrow and has a bottle of 2015 Rare that we'll be splitting at the head table....can't wait to finally have this one!
  • My brother is getting married tomorrow and has a bottle of 2015 Rare that we'll be splitting at the head table....can't wait to finally have this one!
    Enjoy it!  

Report back to us on the experience!!!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    I had a 2018 regular on Christmas....very tasty.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    My brother is getting married tomorrow and has a bottle of 2015 Rare that we'll be splitting at the head table....can't wait to finally have this one!
    Enjoy it!  

It was incredible.  The best stout I've ever had.  
    Enjoy it!  

Nice! Glad to hear bud!

I shared a 2017 Northwoods and a 2018 Vanilla today. Both were really, really good. The Northwoods was better. 
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    Had the berry rye version last night. It is the only one I have ever tried.
    The only beer I've had where the first taste I didn't like that much, but warmed up to it after a couple sips.
    Probably  would have liked it more without the fruity taste.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    bbiggs said:
    Enjoy it!  

Nice! Glad to hear bud!

I shared a 2017 Northwoods and a 2018 Vanilla today. Both were really, really good. The Northwoods was better. 
    I had the 2018 vanilla last night and loved it. I heard some people complain it was too sweet but I didn’t think so. 
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2