Sickening "Sacrifice" of 9 month old baby girl

rhanishanerhanishane NSW Australia Posts: 505
The father claimed the 9 month old daughter was possessed by demons and "sacrificed" her by throwing her in the water to drown.
So many calling for the death penalty to both homeless parents and their 4 year old son has been put into care.
This is in Australia and we don't have the death penalty. Even though the mother was present and knew the plan to "sacrifice" the baby she has not been charged and just put into the mental health system?
I can't even fathom anyone doing this..
What are your thoughts?
Should this be punishable by death?

https://www.facebook.com/114503341893201/posts/2528193990524112/

Comments

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Bloody religious freaks.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • rhanishanerhanishane NSW Australia Posts: 505
    Bloody religious freaks.
    Pretty sure he is schizophrenic but probably junkies by the sounds of it.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Shard probably.
    Just like my neighbour who is accusing my other neighbour of hiding his ex-girlfriend. Psychosis. 
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Bloody religious freaks.
    Pretty sure he is schizophrenic but probably junkies by the sounds of it.

Drug induced paranoia perhaps?

And regardless of his condition... the world can't stand to benefit in any way from the loser using valuable oxygen and other resources- he can go.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited November 2018
    It's really stupid to call for the death penalty in a country that doesn't have the death penalty. And it renders the question about whether they should be put to death moot. If it didn't, my answer would of course be no. No civilized society takes part in that practice.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    PJ_Soul said:
    It's really stupid to call for the death penalty in a country that doesn't have the death penalty. And it renders the question about whether they should be put to death moot. If it didn't, my answer would of course be no. No civilized society takes part in that practice.
    The first comment below the story, was someone, saying bring back the death penalty...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    PJ_Soul said:
    The first comment below the story, was someone, saying bring back the death penalty...
    Of course, those comments are always on stories like this. So?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata