Options

Which 2000s PJ album is your go-to?

PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,272
Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024

Which 2000s PJ album is your go-to? 95 votes

Binaural
36%
ledveddermanPureandEasymy_waveLowlightjdopj100 Pacerdrummerboy_73PeArLgOoNeRlolobuggJammalambohinsey21B-GirlPA JammertbergsUncle SnuffyPB11041Ralphie’s FootstepsBettrMan21TJ25487ManOfTheHour75 35 votes
Riot Act
21%
NewJPage2-feign-reluctanceSpiritual_Chaosryph raphMakingWavesnadahombreChazzeboweddiedrfoxPapjeff2040timdwillipearldavidsonajgdrums7814riley540SmallestOceansJojoRicepursuedbybeartusevunPJWGIII 20 votes
Pearl Jam
28%
intodeepdarwinstheorymcgruff10a5pjThorns2010mookieblalockmfc2006coach pjpjsteelerfanJimmyVTim SimmonsRhinoJambobby dazzlersKN219077southernmanfanRoleModelsinBlood31DM282158Hagrid7575BLACK35eeriepadave 27 votes
Backspacer
7%
on2legsForiginal SinHesCalledDyerJM144705cp3iversonF Me In The BrainPJForceofNature 7 votes
Lightning Bolt
6%
bigbiggzyBloodMeridian80BrainofBGAKearn5ythevachonhairgrowth2001 6 votes

Comments

• Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 527
    Pearl Jam
    Avocado album has aged so well in my opinion. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Backspacer
    Binaural is my favorite of the bunch but I've easily spent way more time playing Backspacer, so I suppose it's my "go to" by definition.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,931
    Riot Act
    Riot Act.  Although Binaural is a close 2nd. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Riot Act
    Close second: Pearl Jam
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Pearl Jam
    Binaural is a close 2nd, followed closely by Riot Act.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    I like listening to the 2000 live albums, does that count?
  • Options
    Riot Act
    :nuh_uh:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    edited November 2018
    Binaural, Riot Act, and S/T are all my 2000s go-to albums. I can't choose.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,767
    Binaural
    Binaural 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    Pearl Jam

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Binaural
    Binaural, and Riot Act too.
    (In my personal ladder of PJ records, the first seven albums are all pretty close, up to the top. Then, way way down, there's self-titled. Then, way way way down, here they are Backspacer and LB. I hope the next album isn't going to end up in the cellar. Between the first seven and self-titled would be already good, I think.)
  • Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    Binaural

my mind drifted to this as well...

what are the my "go to" 2000 boots...? new poll?

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Pearl Jam
    Jbarker said:

Ooohhhh do it!!!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Backspacer
    Backspacer is by far my most played 2000s PJ album. 

I dont even own self titled :lol:
  • Options
    Binaural
    Binaural is the best album of that bunch by a long ways. 
    " Things were different then, all is different now "

Seattle 09-16-96, Vancouver 07-19-98, Seattle 11-05-00, Seattle 12-09-02, Vancouver 05-30-03, Vancouver 09-02-05, Gorge 07-23-06, Seattle 09-21-09, Seattle 09-22-09, Vancouver 09-25-09
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    Binaural
    I agree.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,509
    Binaural
    rummy said:
    I agree.
    True..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Binaural
    Jbarker said:

This is a tour, of the 70 odd shows they played, I could routinely grab 1 of about 35 shows and be extremely happy, beginning to end.

Here are some go to ones for me:
    6.1 (Black closer!), 6.6 (NAIS opens for the only time other than its debut at bridge), 6.14, 6.19, 6.29, 8.12, 8.15, 8.17, 8.25 (Lets Play a lot of No Code), 10.15, 10.17, 10.18, 11.3

A few sleepers that get overlooked:
    6.4, 6.23, 8.6, 8.23, 8.27, 10.11, 10.12, 10.25

A lot of people would say hey no Katowice, no Milan, no Boston, no Chicago, no Seattle - all had good shows. These are just the ones I consistently gravitated too.  AND FULL DISCLOSURE, I went to 4. 

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,767
    Pearl Jam
    Beginning to end, I agree...but I couldn't get past the awesomeness that is Inside Job and Comeback from self titled. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Riot Act
    Pound by pound - I'd put Riot Act over Binaural. God's Dice, Evacuation? Come on now.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Binaural
    Pound by pound - I'd put Riot Act over Binaural. God's Dice, Evacuation? Come on now.
    Ghost? 

Riot Act is sequenced better, it has some clunky spots though too.   I overall like the vibe of Binaural better, but could easily do without Breakerfall, God's Dice, less so Evacuation, it is a hard one for them to pull off live, but I like the studio version.

• Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
    Binaural
    Binaural is an instant classic album to me. 
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Binaural
    Ray J. T. said:
    For whatever reason, I put it a notch below their first five but on its own, it really is great. Maybe not perfect...

Obviously the live shows affect my wish that the album started with "Of The Girl"...and yes, "Evacuation" isn't that good...and it could do without "Soon Forget" but otherwise, it's a solid album.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    PB11041 said:
    Ghost? 

Riot Act is sequenced better, it has some clunky spots though too.   I overall like the vibe of Binaural better, but could easily do without Breakerfall, God's Dice, less so Evacuation, it is a hard one for them to pull off live, but I like the studio version.
    They're both amazing. I think Binaural beats Riot Act by a nose and a half, but some days it's by a hair.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Riot Act
    PB11041 said:
    Ghost? 

Ghost is great, other than the line "i never knew soap made you taller" which doesn't really fit in where it's placed...

I like Breakerfall and Evacuation. But I found Riot Act and it's half-asleep Eddie to be stronger. But at the same time, I would understand people liking Binaural more. Both are really athomspheric.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Binaural
    PB11041 said:
    Ghost? 

Ghost is great, other than the line "i never knew soap made you taller" which doesn't really fit in where it's placed...

I like Breakerfall and Evacuation. But I found Riot Act and it's half-asleep Eddie to be stronger. But at the same time, I would understand people liking Binaural more. Both are really athomspheric.
    I prefer both honestly.  I prefer more of the meat of Binaural but I like the flow of Riot Act a bit more.  It took me a long time to embrace Love Boat Captain, I always felt like I am Mine sort of ended abruptly, I absolutely love Can't Keep into Save You, as good a one two punch as No Code.  It bums me out that they rarely play Help Help and that Get Right has not been played since the Riot Act tour.

Been fortunate enough to catch All or None 3x.  

• Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
    edited November 2018
    Binaural
    rummy said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    For whatever reason, I put it a notch below their first five but on its own, it really is great. Maybe not perfect...

Obviously the live shows affect my wish that the album started with "Of The Girl"...and yes, "Evacuation" isn't that good...and it could do without "Soon Forget" but otherwise, it's a solid album.
    All great points. And I do agree that Binaural is not a perfect album, but how often do we really get to see a perfect album from any band or artist? More importantly how often do we see a band or artist come through with such a solid album that late into their careers? 
    Post edited by Ray J. T. on
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Binaural
    Ray J. T. said:
    rummy said:
    Ray J. T. said:

All great points. And I do agree that Binaural is not a perfect album, but how often do we really get to see a perfect album from any band or artist? 
    Vs.  :D
    (and Ten, and almost Yield and Vitalogy....and "almost, almost" No Code.
    Post edited by rummy on
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    Pearl Jam
    I think come back is my favorite song from these albums so I am going self titled. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Binaural
    Binaural for sure.  However, when I'm in a certain mood, Riot Act works well.