Jack White

2»

Comments

• Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    I was hoping White's SNL performance tonight might re-spark and old interest. Sadly, no such luck.  It wasn't bad, it just didn't work for me.  Interesting drum kit the dude of the left has.  I hope that's not just some gimmick, but it was interesting for about 60 seconds. 

same dude from lazaretto and boarding house reach recordings and tour.
    the drummer on the BHR tour had a female drummer. 

I thought he had 2 backing bands that rotated shows. One all female and one all male. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Jumb0 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    I was hoping White's SNL performance tonight might re-spark and old interest. Sadly, no such luck.  It wasn't bad, it just didn't work for me.  Interesting drum kit the dude of the left has.  I hope that's not just some gimmick, but it was interesting for about 60 seconds. 

I thought he had 2 backing bands that rotated shows. One all female and one all male. 
    could very well be. I thought the 2 backing band rotation was a few tours ago. But I can't recall. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Jumb0 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:

could very well be. I thought the 2 backing band rotation was a few tours ago. But I can't recall. 

Did it for sure on Lazaretto...may have dropped it after that though
  • GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,507
    edited October 2020
    Jumb0 said:
    Jumb0 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:

Did it for sure on Lazaretto...may have dropped it after that though
    I believe he did drop the duelling bands. I did love that concept, though. He mentioned somewhere that he rarely knew which band he'd show up for at soundcheck, and the band often got to pick a few songs that weren't in heavy rotation to play.
    Post edited by Gibson on
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    The rotating male (The Buzzards) and female (The Peacocks) bands were only on the Blunderbuss tour.

Daru Jones, who played in the male band and was the one who drummed with him on SNL recently, was the drummer for the Lazaretto tour.

Carla Azar, who played in the female band and is from Autolux, was the drummer for the Boarding House Reach tour.

• DE4173DE4173 Posts: 319

1993: 11/22 Little Rock
    1996; 9/28 New York
    1997: 11/14 Oakland, 11/15 Oakland
    1998: 7/5 Dallas, 7/7 Albuquerque, 7/8 Phoenix, 7/10 San Diego, 7/11 Las Vegas
    2000: 10/17 Dallas
    2003: 4/3 OKC
    2012: 11/17 Tulsa(EV), 11/18 Tulsa(EV)
    2013: 11/16 OKC
    2014: 10/8 Tulsa
    2022: 9/20 OKC
    2023: 9/13 Ft Worth, 9/15 Ft Worth
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Well, now I have to print that out and solve the damn thing. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM