psst...10/12/2018

Comments

• lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    Question?

When they threw up every 2013 print at the same time how did the site not crash then?  I knew it was rather easy to check out.
    I don't remember that...but I distinctly remember Pittsburgh going up by itself in the afternoon around 3pm EST
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• This website is similar to AOL dial up circa 2000...
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,557
    Let's all hope there isn't a Berlin 9 :)
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • NeutralMilkHotelNeutralMilkHotel Chicago Posts: 97
    edited October 2018
    Comment deleted.
    Post edited by NeutralMilkHotel on
  • Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,808
    edited October 2018
    mrk2 said:
    "Status: RELEASED" means it's all good?
    What are the stages of Status?

Mine says Pending, is that before or after Released?
  • Will there ever come a day when this site can actually handle traffic for high demand things? Being one of many who spent hours (8 hours for me, more for others) F5'ing trying to get PJ20 Alpine Valley tickets, I remember feeling somewhat better about this place when the "new site" was supposed to alleviate those kinds of clusters fucks.
    Surprise! Very little has changed. What's next? Lottery for posters because the site still can't handle the traffic we throw at it? Why not, the squeaky whiner-wheels have a history of getting the grease.
  • peterwhughespeterwhughes NH Posts: 153
    Got a Boston Klausen, looked all weekend at Fenway and never even saw them for sale. Glad to grab one. 
  • zanette13zanette13 New Hampshire Posts: 67
    mrk2 said:

Pending
    Released
    Warehouse
    Shipped
    5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13, 9/26/15, 4/11/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 6/24/18, 6/26/18, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 5/6/22, 5/7/22, 5/9/22, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 9/17/22
    8/2/08, 6/16/11, 9/24/17, 2/3/22, 2/4/22
    11/4/16
  • madhat181madhat181 Posts: 367
    edited October 2018
    mrk2 said:

PENDING, RELEASED, WAREHOUSE and SHIPPED are the four stages

Also CANCELLED if you are "The Thomas Nine" or Nein meaning No in German
    Post edited by madhat181 on
  • sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    What's the appeal of Berlin, anyway? The kid should just walk around the wall...dummy.
  • shecky said:
    What's the appeal of Berlin, anyway? The kid should just walk around the wall...dummy.
    This! Glad I'm not the only one thinking that!
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    Will there ever come a day when this site can actually handle traffic for high demand things? Being one of many who spent hours (8 hours for me, more for others) F5'ing trying to get PJ20 Alpine Valley tickets, I remember feeling somewhat better about this place when the "new site" was supposed to alleviate those kinds of clusters fucks.
    Surprise! Very little has changed. What's next? Lottery for posters because the site still can't handle the traffic we throw at it? Why not, the squeaky whiner-wheels have a history of getting the grease.
    Trying to get PJ20 tickets was a long day, but I finally won out! I hope to never do that again for tickets to anything.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Question?

When they threw up every 2013 print at the same time how did the site not crash then?  I knew it was rather easy to check out.
    I don't remember that...but I distinctly remember Pittsburgh going up by itself in the afternoon around 3pm EST
    I got Pitt that day but I could have sworn that the others went up too.  I wanted to get Portland but opted for the Pitt instead.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Thanks! Have a wonderful weekend. :) 
  • zmanzman Posts: 502
    Will there ever come a day when this site can actually handle traffic for high demand things? Being one of many who spent hours (8 hours for me, more for others) F5'ing trying to get PJ20 Alpine Valley tickets, I remember feeling somewhat better about this place when the "new site" was supposed to alleviate those kinds of clusters fucks.
    let hope not, as much as the F5 days sucked, persistence always always paid off
    now its all a crap shoot. this is the democratic world we live in now, everything has to be "fair" and persistence and hard work doesnt pay off
  • fanofzsfanofzs NYC Posts: 507
    shecky said:
    This! Glad I'm not the only one thinking that!
    Yup.  HAH!
  • madhat181madhat181 Posts: 367
    Question?

I got Pitt that day but I could have sworn that the others went up too.  I wanted to get Portland but opted for the Pitt instead.
    good choice
  • Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,808
    zanette13 said:
    mrk2 said:

Pending
    Released
    Warehouse
    Shipped
    Where is Review? I have seen that before... That would be first?
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    hihobibo said:
    They really should psst...at random times instead of the 10 am EST hour every time. That would help with the crashes.
    ^^^This right here^^^........I know ther is NO perfect time, but i agree that the 10 C  should change the times up when selling these limited items(why so limited).

Also, ther are people in certain Time Zones who have NO chance for these Posters. Some are sleeping, at work, etc. etc.
  • fanofzsfanofzs NYC Posts: 507
    edited October 2018
    cutz said:
    hihobibo said:
    They really should psst...at random times instead of the 10 am EST hour every time. That would help with the crashes.
    ^^^This right here^^^........I know ther is NO perfect time, but i agree that the 10 C  should change the times up when selling these limited items(why so limited).

Also, ther are people in certain Time Zones who have NO chance for these Posters. Some are sleeping, at work, etc. etc.
    So how will you be notified of these random times?  Seems even more difficult.  Just a random Psst??  I guess.
    Post edited by fanofzs on
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,557
    cutz said:
    hihobibo said:

Eh, I don't know.  It's been predictable for the most part.  If you want one you either wait in a line at the show at 7 AM until 12 noon or you try to get here at 1020 AM EST.  There will never be a perfect system as the demand outweighs the supply for some.  
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • They did switch up the time for Padova. That was around 2:30-2:45EST
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    shecky said:

ha ha...
    For me, it's personal. I spent a week roaming loose in Berlin when I was sixteen, back when the city and Germany itself were divided (and occupied). I painted graffiti on the Wall. I saw the memorials. I visited East Berlin, sheltered kid that I was, seeing the showcase of the Eastern Bloc. It was one of my fundamental life experiences, shaping the way I view many political and philosophical matters.

To return 30+ years later, see the new memorials throughout downtown, to see the intentionally designed and situated "Berlin Mall," the many changes -- I thought this poster was perfect. And it's very special to me and full of meaning, even if the silly could could walk around the wall fragment.

Serious answer to a semi-facetious question, yes. Like I said, it's important to me.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
    They need to go back to doing random times again.

This is stupid.

• lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    edited October 2018
    Question?

Hmmm maybe they did...all go up at random times?

All I remember was being ecstatic that I scored a Pitt, I remembered nothing else haha
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,579
    Check your order history. Mine is there. RELEASED. What a surprise! Is this truth?
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    shecky said:

ha ha...
    For me, it's personal. I spent a week roaming loose in Berlin when I was sixteen, back when the city and Germany itself were divided (and occupied). I painted graffiti on the Wall. I saw the memorials. I visited East Berlin, sheltered kid that I was, seeing the showcase of the Eastern Bloc. It was one of my fundamental life experiences, shaping the way I view many political and philosophical matters.

To return 30+ years later, see the new memorials throughout downtown, to see the intentionally designed and situated "Berlin Mall," the many changes -- I thought this poster was perfect. And it's very special to me and full of meaning, even if the silly could could walk around the wall fragment.

Serious answer to a semi-facetious question, yes. Like I said, it's important to me.
    It's all about the city centric historical imagery for me.... Plus, there's a bonus of no skeletons, skulls, and or weird animals.
    fanofzs said:
    cutz said:
    hihobibo said:

So how will you be notified of these random times?  Seems even more difficult.  Just a random Psst??  I guess.
    Yes, random times.
  • tubes10stubes10s Posts: 512
    fanofzs said:
    cutz said:
    hihobibo said:

If you're notified, then it's not random :)
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    10-29-13 - Charlottesville
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • tubes10stubes10s Posts: 512
    fanofzs said:
    cutz said:
    hihobibo said:

If you're notified, then it's not random :)
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    10-29-13 - Charlottesville
    4-18-16 - Hampton