Hey Foxymophandlemama!-Vitalogy Theme

simalarionsimalarion Posts: 74
edited October 2018 in The Porch

Just to get it out of the way, i am from Norway so my English is far from perfect.

While recording my old original Pearl Jam Vinyl album to Flac files i got intrested in finaly checking out Foxymophandlemama lyrics and whats going on there, apparently there is clips from a docomentary of Mental paseints that where let out to early due to low foundings in the state at that time,  Eddie Vedder is the best source to the clip becouse so far they are not to be found online and apparently he have seen/heard it (Closest is Nove documentary clips, but the very sound files are not found as  i know of). Ofc some voices in the Foxymop "song" talks about killing themselfs as all mental pasients have a tendency to think about So i started thinking further -> Immortallity is about Kurt Cobain that also killed himself (the give away for me is the sigar box on the floor reference) and i think that is the theme for the hole record when i look at other songs and album theme, jump to bugs and again Eddie is here a mental person that want to join a army of bugs or kill himself and so on, for me it is one of the best albums but the closer i resarch the darker and more haunting it gets, now i get the feeling Parl Jam was in a very dark place mentally during the making of Vitalogy (more than i first thought) and the mental theme if killing yoruself is realy to be found anywhere in it, even the balad on the album Nothingman is telling that of a man without love a Nothingman.

I would like to hear more about wha TenClub members know about this and the theme of Vitalogy?, ofc it`s just as intressting if you got a hole different point of view on the album, please share with me?.

And ofc i would also like to know if anyone here has hold of the original FoxymopmalaHandler interview?.

What did the Romans ever do for us?
Post edited by simalarion on