Leatherman II

PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,060

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024

Comments

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,060
    I want to hear it so bad!.. I have a feeling that is going to be at least as good as the original! :wink: Please PJ or EV? :prayer: Maybe it can make its first live appearance at Ohana?.. :smile:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,311
    Wait, what?
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • What??
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • ED477ED477 Posts: 134
    As much as I’d like for it to be a totally different take, I have a feeling it’s just slightly different, maybe some different lyrics or something minor.  
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Wait, what?
    What??
    I’m with these guys. What?
  • ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,068
    https://seattlerockguy.wordpress.com/category/pearl-jam/
    "Courtesy of PearlJam.com:

Dear Listeners,

I was recently sent a book that I thought some of you more hardcore folks might find interesting.

It’s called The Old Leather Man written by Dan DeLuca. It is a detailed historical document all about this intense character who roamed the northeast on foot in the mid to late 1800s.

About twelve years ago on a winters day hike my friend Tim R., his kids and I stumbled upon one of his old caves. That night I was inspired to write not one but two songs about the man (the second, not so creatively titled “Leatherman II” was never released…definitely the more somber of the two).

While this book offers up his life and times in the most complete manner as possible, the mystery of Leather Man remains intact.

It’s also interesting to note the parallels between the Leather Man and Chris McCandless who we got to know through Into the Wild.

Just thought I’d pass it on…

Ed"

Dunno why OP brought it up now though, if there was a recent prompt or something.

• ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,068
    Also:

https://www.pearljamonline.it/recording-sessions/

Look at far right. Leatherman (Weatherman?)

Leatherman II (Acoustic?))

edited September 2018
    Thank you Ceska! I was just trying to find that picture in order to explain what I mean. The only reason I've created  this thread is that I'm obsessed with the original song. I've also named my radio show after him: Leatherman's Grunt. Finally, it's always a good time to listen to never-heard-before outtakes. Don't you think?
    Post edited by Pap on
    Is anyone else particularly fond of this gem here?
  • Never been a fan of Leatherman... 

... but I would love to hear a more somber Leatherman II.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    Would definitely love to hear it now that I know what's going on.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,311
    Ah gotcha. Ok. I thought it had surfaced and I was missing it. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
    Would definitely love to hear it now that I know what's going on.
    :smiley: