Options

Cubs WONT GO ALL THE WAY!!!!

pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
edited October 2008 in The Porch
sorry you have to make your money somewhere else Ed....

quit backing losing causes like Ralph Nader, Barrack Obama, and the West Memphis 3, and of course the stinkin CUBS!!!!!!

haha

man my Cardinals would have shown a better effort and they sucked this year.....eeeeek

dont take this too personal as everything else you guys support is good stuff :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pearljam7pearljam7 Posts: 447
    take it easy dude, everyone has their causes
    5/4/2006, 5/12/2006, 5/13/2006, 6/1/2006, 6/3/2006, 6/24/2008, 6/25/2008, 6/27/2008, 6/30/2008, 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 8/7/08
  • Options
    pulaskipulaski Posts: 259
    pjalive21 wrote:
    sorry you have to make your money somewhere else Ed....

quit backing losing causes like Ralph Nader, Barrack Obama, and the West Memphis 3, and of course the stinkin CUBS!!!!!!

haha

man my Cardinals would have shown a better effort and they sucked this year.....eeeeek

dont take this too personal as everything else you guys support is good stuff :)

LOL....greatest post ever!!.... he does back all losers....you can add all his opening bands to the list as well.....top of that list being ben harper.

dont get me wrong, ed is a great performer and musical talent, but his tastes in everything else sucks big time.
  • Options
    ottonypottonyp Posts: 226
    pulaski wrote:
    LOL....greatest post ever!!.... he does back all losers....you can add all his opening bands to the list as well.....top of that list being ben harper.

dont get me wrong, ed is a great performer and musical talent, but his tastes in everything else sucks big time.

Opinions are like assholes...everyone has one and they all stink!!!! Unfortunately for you two...I think your opinions stink far worse than Eddie's! At least he has the balls to stand up for what he believes in! If you guys wanna bash Eddie...go to faggy U2's message board or something!! There is no place for it here!!!!!!
  • Options
    DP13DP13 Posts: 269
    I wouldn't have had a problem with the song were it free....

Ed wasn't "standing up for what he believed in", he was trying to make a buck.

Now, honestly there isn't anything wrong with that, but you forfeit your "free pass" when you go capitalist.
  • Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    I could care less about the Cubs....but damn some of you must be real fuckin' losers....were you not hugged enough as a child? Were you subject to powdered milk instead of breast feeding?

Kings of Leon, Ben Harper, Black Keys qualify as having no musical talent? Interesting. That makes it clear you have no musical talent yourself and being the judge of something you don't have any idea about is rather pathetic. Don't get me wrong, there have plenty of openers I have not been a fan of, but to put Ben Harper at the top? It just makes me realize how many stupid people really are out there...especially anyone who would support Palin. Pathetic.

Nah nah nah boo boo....are some of you like 10 years old? Go scour the Nickelback forum where you belong
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    How many threads are there on this subject now? People sure love to gloat over someone who loses. Like vultures pecking on a carcass or something.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    I think it's hilarious how no one is allowed to think exactly like you do or Eddie does. And if they do, they get told to go to a Nickelback forum and that they weren't hugged as children.

That's hilarious. And pretty pathetic. Are you so insecure about what you believe that you have to gang up on anyone who thinks differently? Why can't we all be a little more open minded? We don't all have to be as narrow minded as Eddie and Barack.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    quasiquasi Posts: 492
    ottonyp wrote:
    Opinions are like assholes...everyone has one and they all stink!!!! Unfortunately for you two...I think your opinions stink far worse than Eddie's! At least he has the balls to stand up for what he believes in! If you guys wanna bash Eddie...go to faggy U2's message board or something!! There is no place for it here!!!!!!

Yeah, lots of bashing of Eddie at the U2 board. I'd love to see you run into Eddie on the street and have you ask him why he is friends with a "faggy" band like U2. Wouldn't do it? Didn't think so.

http://flickr.com/photos/u2logcom/318978086/in/set-72157594303320127/
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Options
    get off Ed's ass!! if the cubs had won you'd all be praising him.

like a fucking song had anything to do with your team CHOKING!!!

nice way to misplace your anger! I'm sure he's bumming more than most of you!
  • Options
    stupid thread...you're a loser asshole
    the Minions
  • Options
    MattyJoe wrote:
    I think it's hilarious how no one is allowed to think exactly like you do or Eddie does. And if they do, they get told to go to a Nickelback forum and that they weren't hugged as children.

That's hilarious. And pretty pathetic. Are you so insecure about what you believe that you have to gang up on anyone who thinks differently? Why can't we all be a little more open minded? We don't all have to be as narrow minded as Eddie and Barack.

Umm, is there any GOOD time to agree with ed? everytime I do people like you tell me I'm just being a blind follower or whatever.

the OP is being antagonistic and so you are saying we should be open minded, like him?

hate the cubs, love barack, hate slight of hand, love riot act.

there, fair and balanced enough for ya?!

as for barack, we'll talk again on Nov. 1st.
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    obama's still winning
  • Options
    I think most Cubs fans are just brainwashed to be honest with you. Being a White Sox fan I will always love them, but if they are not playing well I wont waste my time heading to the ball park and paying money to see a team with no heart!

The one thing I will say is that Pearl Jam comes out every night and kicks ass! That is more I can say for the Cubs, White Sox or anyother sports team around!
    There is NO time like the present to get ripped apart.

Chicago 95
    Alpine 98
    Indy and Alpine 00
    St. Louis, Champaign, Chicago, Indy 03
    St. Louis 04
    Thuderbay 05
    Chicago 1 and 2, Pitt, Cincy, Las Vegas, Portland, Gorge 1 and 2, Hawaii 06
    Lolla 07
    Hartford, Boston 1 and 2 08
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I'm a diehard White Sox fan and I hate the Cubs..

But these threads are becoming fucking annoying. Too many people with insuperior complexes around here..
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Rodger3478 wrote:
    I think most Cubs fans are just brainwashed to be honest with you. Being a White Sox fan I will always love them, but if they are not playing well I wont waste my time heading to the ball park and paying money to see a team with no heart!
    You're a bad White Sox fan. Way to admit being a bandwagoner and make the rest of us look bad. I bet you were a Cubs fan in '04.

I give credit to Cubs fans for the dedication they have.
  • Options
    Go Doyers!
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    MattyJoe wrote:

Eddie loves the Cubs...I don't give a shit about baseball or what team Ed likes....but when someone comes on here to say stupid shit about a song someone wrote for a team they support and then it goes into politics and opening bands how they all suck....it makes you sound anything but open-minded...it makes you sound fucking stupid, which you probably are if you can't comprehend this.
  • Options
    I am not a bandwagon White Sox fan! I am actually watching the game right now!! I am a sports fan who will call out a team if they are playing like crap!!! I wouldn't be a Cub fan with all of the money in the world!! Brother, get facts straight before you talk nonsense
    There is NO time like the present to get ripped apart.

Chicago 95
    Alpine 98
    Indy and Alpine 00
    St. Louis, Champaign, Chicago, Indy 03
    St. Louis 04
    Thuderbay 05
    Chicago 1 and 2, Pitt, Cincy, Las Vegas, Portland, Gorge 1 and 2, Hawaii 06
    Lolla 07
    Hartford, Boston 1 and 2 08
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    Umm, is there any GOOD time to agree with ed? everytime I do people like you tell me I'm just being a blind follower or whatever.

You're putting words in my mouth, I never did any such thing. I'm talking about the opposite, when people criticize people like ME and others for DISAGREEING with Ed.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    MattyJoe wrote:
    You're putting words in my mouth, I never did any such thing. I'm talking about the opposite, when people criticize people like ME and others for DISAGREEING with Ed.

fuck me, you're right. sorry.
  • Options
    the song said "someday" assholes... its the perfect embodiment of the cubs every season... its not like he said that this year was their year... if he had written this song during a season with zero expectations it would just be a cute thing by a big fan... you fuckers need to lighten up

as for his history of backing losers, i think that'll all change come november :D
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    You're a bad White Sox fan. Way to admit being a bandwagoner and make the rest of us look bad. I bet you were a Cubs fan in '04.

I give credit to Cubs fans for the dedication they have.
    this bandwagon talk is crap... i think you can be a fan of something while still having your fiscal priorities in order... if theyre not doing great i see no reason not to watch the games at home FO FREE

im just glad both chicago teams are out now so theres no bragging from sox fans... other than the ridiculous "atleast we won one"... which at the end of the day means absolutely nothing...

either extreme of both team's fans makes them both look horrible... the cubs got the elitist frat boy crowd and the sox got the white trash and gangster minority crowd (no offense meant to either)

in the end it usually comes down to upbringing
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/