Options

Will there be a Pearl Jam reference in CAPTAIN MARVEL?

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,933
edited September 2018 in The Porch
Set in the 90's. Pictures of her wearing Guns N Roses and NIN t-shirts have been leaked/released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1BCujX3pw8
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Will there be a Pearl Jam reference in CAPTAIN MARVEL? 31 votes

Yes
32%
igotid88Spiritual_Chaoswashedinblack91Tim SimmonsZodbobby dazzlersBLACK35MKSNYCjacquelyncaxoannum 10 votes
No
67%
intodeepkramer73leep75CopperTomnoorambootlegger10lolobuggshermdannyCarryTheZerojonbond1779droptheleash9scrappysatticPB11041mace1229JV130312HH140540eeriepadavejeff2040JojoRice 21 votes

Comments

• Options
    jacquelyncajacquelynca Yay Area CA Posts: 372
    Yes
    OMG I am SO excited for this!!!!  Voted yes because I sure AF hope so!!!!
    IG and twitter - @jacquelynincali

1994 - Bridge School Benefit, Shoreline Mountain View CA
    *** 1995 - 2015 High School, College, Broke, Having Kids***
    2016 - Temple of the Dog, Bill Graham Civic Center Auditorium, San Francisco CA
    2017 - Eddie Vedder, Bourbon and Beyond, Louisville KY
    2018 - The Home Shows, Show 2, Seattle WA
    2019 - Eddie Vedder, Ohana Fest, Dana Point CA
    2020- Oakland Nights 1 and 2
    2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    Should be fun trying to explain to the wife that there's a Marvel comics Captain Marvel and a DC comics Captain Marvel (though I don't know if they are using the name Captain Marvel in the Shazam movie) and both have movies coming out a few weeks apart in the spring…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go6GEIrcvFY
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Yes
    Poncier said:
    Should be fun trying to explain to the wife that there's a Marvel comics Captain Marvel and a DC comics Captain Marvel (though I don't know if they are using the name Captain Marvel in the Shazam movie) and both have movies coming out a few weeks apart in the spring…

I stood next to David directing this movie on a stage at a youth filmfestival here in Sweden a few years back introducing our respective films that were to be shown...

Then he ran off to Hollywood. And I'm stuck playing Mario Kart.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    Phil Coulson undercover in flannel.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Yes
    Poncier said:

I stood next to David directing this movie on a stage at a youth filmfestival here in Sweden a few years back introducing our respective films that were to be shown...

Then he ran off to Hollywood. And I'm stuck playing Mario Kart.
    Could be worse...you could be stuck playing this
    https://youtu.be/aMbWmZ7SG-c?t=4m32s
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,312
    Yes
    No but I'm hoping.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Yes
    Hoping so.

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,908
    edited September 2018
    Yes
    Poncier said:

DC won't. They lost the rights to the Captain Marvel name years ago. Shazam is a different beast, property wise. Also, it will probably bomb because, well, WB/DC*

* That isn't WW.

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,908
    edited September 2018
    Yes
    I dig Carol's NIN shirt. Hopefully Trent makes a bunch to sell. Love the simple faded grey logo on white.

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,103
    Yes
    Hope so.  Maybe a CC/Soundgarden song?  Soundgarden got the end credits song for The Avengers, so I could see another CC nod for Captain Marvel.
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,747
    It’d be cool. I was hoping for a PJ song in Guardians
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    Yes
    It’d be cool. I was hoping for a PJ song in Guardians
    How could they have a PJ song in the first Guardians when all music was from that cassette tape he got in the 80s? :)

They talked about New York Groove in a deleted scene in Vol 2 at least...
  • Options
    Nope.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Yes
    This has been the closest so far in the MCU:

US:

UK:

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    No
    If NIN and GNR are the shirts, than I think PJ (while certainly filled with 20 something angst) would not quite fit.
  • Options
    Yes

• Options
    If NIN and GNR are the shirts, than I think PJ (while certainly filled with 20 something angst) would not quite fit.
    Metallica was slaying the world during this time too.  They even toured with GNR.

I'd expect a Metallica reference before a PJ one?
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    No
    would be cool, but highly unlikely.  Yeah i'd expect Metallica or maybe Nirvana before PJ.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly