Options

psst...9/18/2018

Comments

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,242
    lotta people are in prayer right now....probably not fair to have a drop today

Easy Fast for all my friends
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,390
    Oy vey!
  • Options
    1upstate1upstate near Syracuse NY Posts: 201
    1upstate said:
    unknown said:
    tubes10s said:
    That's no problem to disagree.  And I personally don't see any problem with people flipping the posters either, especially seeing that the way that they are initially sold intentionally feeds and encourages the demand that creates flippers.  Doesn't mean that I like it, I just see no difference in buying a $35 poster as trade bait for one that's being sold for $500, and buying a $35 poster to sell it for $500 cash.  It's the same thing, that's why I equate 14 with being a flipper.  And again, I don't think being a flipper is bad.  Flippers are willing to spend the time it takes to wait in lines or stalk message boards for hours, days, and weeks on end to get what they need.  Other folks just aren't willing to go to that trouble, and that's ok.  Because of flippers, those who aren't willing to put in the time can get what they want any time they want, but that convenience has a price that the flipper collects.  
    but are there people out there really going to that extreme ? stalking message boards for mutliple artist posters ?
    I kind of thought this was just a pearl jam issue, i didn't know many other bands that are having as much demand for
    posters in general.  I just don't see who has time for all that ?
    Phish posters are very difficult at shows, usually limited to 900-1000 per show, AP releases 50-100 and go in seconds. Same thing for Dave Matthews Band.  Other groups such as Foo Fighters,  Primus and a few others have a pretty big following as well. 

Imagine the shit show if PJ only released 1 poster with a 1,200 run?   
    Doesn't Pollock make smaller runs?

Also PJ used to do way more limited runs on posters.  2016 there was a significant increase which was noticeable.  There was a pic of a box with the 16 Emek print with a run of 1900 I believe?  

Everything started to change after Wrigley 13.
    For the cancelled Curve Ball festival (90 minutes from my house but wife and I had date at Wrigley) they were selling only 1500 

http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/265619

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine"
  • Options
    unknownunknown Posts: 531
    where did santo say that there wouldn't be a drop today ?
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,853
    unknown said:
    His only post in this very thread????
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    unknown said:

If you go back to Post #1

Santos always edits it once the poster is sold out and he sometimes will mention if there is another drop coming that day or the next.

• Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,362
    unknown said:
    He literally said it in this fuckng post. 
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    edited September 2018
    Krakow poster is sold out. That's it for today. There will be no drops 9/19/2018.

slh
    Thanks!  This'll keep us living our normal lives for a bit longer haha
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Krakow poster is sold out. That's it for today. There will be no drops 9/19/2018.

slh

2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options

slh
    Here
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    1upstate said:
    1upstate said:
    unknown said:
    tubes10s said:
    That's no problem to disagree.  And I personally don't see any problem with people flipping the posters either, especially seeing that the way that they are initially sold intentionally feeds and encourages the demand that creates flippers.  Doesn't mean that I like it, I just see no difference in buying a $35 poster as trade bait for one that's being sold for $500, and buying a $35 poster to sell it for $500 cash.  It's the same thing, that's why I equate 14 with being a flipper.  And again, I don't think being a flipper is bad.  Flippers are willing to spend the time it takes to wait in lines or stalk message boards for hours, days, and weeks on end to get what they need.  Other folks just aren't willing to go to that trouble, and that's ok.  Because of flippers, those who aren't willing to put in the time can get what they want any time they want, but that convenience has a price that the flipper collects.  
    but are there people out there really going to that extreme ? stalking message boards for mutliple artist posters ?
    I kind of thought this was just a pearl jam issue, i didn't know many other bands that are having as much demand for
    Phish posters are very difficult at shows, usually limited to 900-1000 per show, AP releases 50-100 and go in seconds. Same thing for Dave Matthews Band.  Other groups such as Foo Fighters,  Primus and a few others have a pretty big following as well. 

Also PJ used to do way more limited runs on posters.  2016 there was a significant increase which was noticeable.  There was a pic of a box with the 16 Emek print with a run of 1900 I believe?  

For the cancelled Curve Ball festival (90 minutes from my house but wife and I had date at Wrigley) they were selling only 1500 

Woah.  Bigger run for him, well it was going to be at a festival with 80,000 people so the bigger run makes sense.

This is what I'm used to seeing and smaller
    http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/264637
  • Options
    unknownunknown Posts: 531
    I've tried to get some phish posters for years and its about impossible.  anyone know where you can get
    the curve ball festival print ?  who was the artist ?
  • Options
    1upstate1upstate near Syracuse NY Posts: 201
    1upstate said:
    1upstate said:
    unknown said:
    tubes10s said:

Woah.  Bigger run for him, well it was going to be at a festival with 80,000 people so the bigger run makes sense.

That Camden poster was gone pretty quick.... that was for a 2 night run and I was there. Scored an AP and know I was lucky as hell 
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine"
  • Options
    1upstate said:
    1upstate said:
    1upstate said:
    unknown said:
    tubes10s said:

That Camden poster was gone pretty quick.... that was for a 2 night run and I was there. Scored an AP and know I was lucky as hell 
    Phishy Phishy Phishy

• Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,840

:s:s   Santos, I am getting up from my desk at work right now.  Don't drop the Rome poster please! 

• Options
    EB218946 said:

:s:s   Santos, I am getting up from my desk at work right now.  Don't drop the Rome poster please! 

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    People
    Do
    Not
    Read
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    People
    Do
    Not
    Read

What's that?

You lost me at People

• Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,840
    EB218946 said:

Geez just a little humor people.  Everyone relax.  
  • Options
    People
    Do
    Not
    Read
    To prove that people don't read you should start a 6/20 psst thread and REALLY throw people for a loop!   
  • Options
    EB218946 said:
    EB218946 said:

Geez just a little humor people.  Everyone relax.  
    Hard to tell who is serious and who is not with Unknown posting here. :lol:
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,126
    The "price that the flipper collects" should go to the artists that create posters and to the bands, and now it doesn't.
    Although I am anti-flipper, I disagree with this statement. 

The artist knows now how much they’ll earn for a poster they create. It’s one of the safest business models I’ve ever seen. 
    They are commissioned to make a certain number of posters.  They are guaranteed X%. They agree to that. And the posters usually sell out.

For instance, Leonardo da Vinci was paid for painting the Mona Lisa. The value of the painting increased. He didn’t see any additional commissions on the Mona Lisa after selling it the first time. 

A vineyard releases a wonderful Pinot Noir. They are paid for it. As it ages, the value goes up while sitting in a wine shop. The seller increases the price. The vineyard isn’t entitled to those additional proceeds. 

I have a Mark McGuire rookie baseball card. I paid a few cents for it originally. Now it’s worth $10.  Topps baseball card corporation already agreed to sell the card originally for a certain profit margin. Topps Corp isn’t entitled to anything for it today. 

The point is, artists agree to, and are paid for the job. They also get access to thousands of buyers (us) by piggy backing onto the back of a  band like PJ.  I wouldn’t be buying any Ames Bros prints if it weren’t for PJ. So, in my mind, these artists are lucky to have PJ and us. 

Again, I am anti flipper. However, I understand business models. And I understand the art world and collectibles. Artists are paid once for their work. If their work is in high demand and they create an amazing name for themselves (Klausen, EMEK, ect...) they get hired and commissioned for more work, by other bands, ect. There’s a benefit they receive that isn’t exactly a straight line from one particular poster being “flipped”. The benefit is their increased reputation.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • Options
    RG292419RG292419 Chicago Posts: 79
    unknown said:
    I've tried to get some phish posters for years and its about impossible.  anyone know where you can get
    the curve ball festival print ?  who was the artist ?
    After the festival was cancelled, unsold merch was made available on-line (with ticketholders getting priority):

Announcement
    "Merchandise: The severe flooding in the region didn’t only affect us. It wreaked havoc across a 14 county area. We will be a launching a Curveball merchandise store very soon and donating the proceeds to flood relief and recovery. The store will include Curveball t-shirts, LE posters and other items (including the Nalgene water bottles intended for our CurveWater program). Curveball ticket holders will have first access to the store once live."

Artists were 
    Jim Pollock, Kathleen Neeley, YourCinema.
    95 - Soldier Field, 11 - Alpine Valley PJ 20 N2, 13 - Wrigley Field, 16 - Wrigley 1 & 2, 18 - Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    Milestone said:
    The "price that the flipper collects" should go to the artists that create posters and to the bands, and now it doesn't.

The artist knows now how much they’ll earn for a poster they create. It’s one of the safest business models I’ve ever seen. 
    They are commissioned to make a certain number of posters.  They are guaranteed X%. They agree to that. And the posters usually sell out.

For instance, Leonardo da Vinci was paid for painting the Mona Lisa. The value of the painting increased. He didn’t see any additional commissions on the Mona Lisa after selling it the first time. 

A vineyard releases a wonderful Pinot Noir. They are paid for it. As it ages, the value goes up while sitting in a wine shop. The seller increases the price. The vineyard isn’t entitled to those additional proceeds. 

I have a Mark McGuire rookie baseball card. I paid a few cents for it originally. Now it’s worth $10.  Topps baseball card corporation already agreed to sell the card originally for a certain profit margin. Topps Corp isn’t entitled to anything for it today. 

The point is, artists agree to, and are paid for the job. They also get access to thousands of buyers (us) by piggy backing onto the back of a  band like PJ.  I wouldn’t be buying any Ames Bros prints if it weren’t for PJ. So, in my mind, these artists are lucky to have PJ and us. 

Again, I am anti flipper. However, I understand business models. And I understand the art world and collectibles. Artists are paid once for their work. If their work is in high demand and they create an amazing name for themselves (Klausen, EMEK, ect...) they get hired and commissioned for more work, by other bands, ect. There’s a benefit they receive that isn’t exactly a straight line from one particular poster being “flipped”. The benefit is their increased reputation.
    I meant to include some of this line of thought in my posts as well, I agree!  After that initial sale, it's no longer about money that the artist should have or could have collected anymore.  
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    10-29-13 - Charlottesville
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • Options
    Milestone said:

Something that all of these companies/artists do is have "attic stock" or archives.  Someone like Sperry, Spusta, Welker or Emek only release part of their  runs because they know they will make a ton later down the line.  They aren't dumb.
  • Options
    Milestone said:

Something that all of these companies/artists do is have "attic stock" or archives.  Someone like Sperry, Spusta, Welker or Emek only release part of their  runs because they know they will make a ton later down the line.  They aren't dumb.
    Image result for jim from the office gif
  • Options
    WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 495
    CROJAM95 said:

how is that not fair? that's their choice. 
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,126
    CROJAM95 said:

Exactly.  A lot of people had to go to work today.  Now.....that's really not fair!  
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    CROJAM95 said:

Would you conceded that it is being considerate to not drop today given the holiday for many fans?

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Ya, Imagine Santos dropped the Mumford EV London on Christmas Morning. Sweet baby Jesus
This discussion has been closed.