goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,277
“Do not postpone happiness”
(Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
(Tim Rogers)

Comments

• Options
    And this is how to do a bar fight scene!

https://youtu.be/kEMJk39km6c

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    goldrush said:
    And this is how to do a bar fight scene!

https://youtu.be/kEMJk39km6c
    One of my favorite movies of all time Hooper. First time I saw boobs on the big screen.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,711
    Oh, this is heavy.  I was never much of a Burt Reynolds fan other than his excellent performance in Deliverance.  But then just recently, I watched the movie The Last Movie Star and was blown a way by how well acted it is, and how totally candid and sincere he was in that film.  In the extras, the writer/ director Adam Rifkin describes the film as a mea culpa to the world. He talks about how in one scene every single person on the film crew was in tears.  He also talks about how, despite the fact that Reynolds somewhat sabotaged his own career by making some poor choice, the work he did do was excellent and that he made it look so easy because he was so good at acting.  And he did a lot of his own stunts which were pretty amazing as well.

Big kudos and recommendations for The Last Movie Star.

And what sad news.  R.I.P. Mr. Reynolds. 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,756

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,223
    Passed on major roles like Han Solo, Randall McMurtry and John McClane amongst others...would have been the biggest movie star ever if he took those.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,711
    Fans, even semi-fans, even barely a fan, this is a must see:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    Poncier said:
    Passed on major roles like Han Solo, Randall McMurtry and John McClane amongst others...would have been the biggest movie star ever if he took those.
    Yippie Ki yay mutherfucker 
  • Options
    He was approached to play James Bond after George Lazenby, but he said he didn’t think the part should be played by an American. That would have been an interesting alternative to Roger Moore

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,756
    Smokey and The Bandit is being shown at our closest AMC theater....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14