Options

Wolfmother/Andrew Stockdale

HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
So Andrew Stockdale has now released a new solo song, with his record coming September 14. I assumed a new WM record was in the works, with the single Freedom is Mine being released last year. 

He's now got 4 Wolfmother albums and 2 solo records. 

This guy is confusing. After the first record, the other two guys quit. Then he releases Cosmic Egg with new members. 

Album #3 (titled Gatherings) was a Wolfmother album, then at the last minute he changed it to a solo record, called Keep Moving. 

Then just a few months later he brings back WM with new members, "cancelling" (see: renaming) his solo dates and they are now WM dates. Then they release album #4, New Crown. 

Then album #5, Victorious, with even more lineup changes, comes out as a WM album. 

And now we have a new solo record, called Slipstream. What makes it a WM album, and what makes it a solo record? it all pretty much follows the same style. It's not like PJ/EV where there is an OBVIOUS difference in styles. 

He's now on his 6th drummer, his 3rd bassist, 4th keyboardist.....LOL....he's like the Australian Axl Rose. 
Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Guy has a vision you know? Can't seem to get others in on it!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    Not sure what his go is..I really dug their debut album when it came out, but he seems to have the "difficult lead singer"  persona well and truly on full tilt

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I spoke to him one time after a show. A complete douche.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    just discovered wolfmother released a new record back in December 2019. Still dig the music, but man, some of the lyrics are just cringey. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com