Cow Man, Ticket Stubs & Poster Paranoia

JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
edited September 2018 in The Porch
I've gotten very little sleep all weekend and had a 5:30am flight this morning so I am exhausted & a little loopy, but a few random thoughts on the Fenway shows (especially last night) and traveling home after a PJ show.  Loopy makes this really long too.  Sorry!

1. We talk about it and live it all the time, but you really can't point out too many times how AWESOME and mostly KIND Pearl Jam fans are.  Met so many lovely lovely people at the shows on this tour that I went to... Just amazing.  And a few specific kind acts over the weekend have me - as usual - proud to be a PJ fan.

2. Cow Man has business cards!  I'd been asking people all weekend if they ever see a guy dressed as a cow at Boston shows because I was wondering if he was still around.  SO FUN to see him, and someone told me to ask him for a business card.  He didn't bring any but he does have them, apparently they say "Boston Cow".  I need one of those.  Posting the photo again (thanks to whoever took it and whoever reposted it) because a) you can't post this photo too much, and b) I was there and will NEVER forget the combo "jaw drop/hysterical laughter/shock/surrealism" of seeing Cow man with his tongue out, pulling his own tail, grinning and shaking an Ed tambourine, while Stone drops on his knees and its SUCKING (and I mean head bobbing and everything!) Cow Man's teats while still shredding on guitar....   It was nice to see him again and do believe, he tried to get in front to be seen last night but I don't think it happened.

3. I lucked out on tix in the Red Sox drop last week, and I just have to say IT WAS GREAT HAVING ACTUAL TICKETS AGAIN!!  From the ease of showing it to an usher to being able to smile at it like it's your new girlfriend/boyfriend before the show because you're so happy about what it represents will happen, to just having a souvenir of a show you loved... Love having these tickets!

4. This was my 1st time going for and getting a full set of stadium show posters (I loved the people I met in line but I REALLY don't want to see another line again for at least 6 months!). So I had a big ole poster tube to put them in because I knew if I tried to wrangle more than 2 tubes it would be all over.  But the tube I got was so big, and my flights today were small planes, that I knew if I boarded in my regular "always the last zone to board cuz I bought the cheapest ticket" zone, they might make me check it. And I was NOT checking that tube!  So I had to convince them to let me board with priority boarding because I had "very delicate, fragile art" in the tube and I could NOT check it.  So they let me, it made it in overhead storage both flights, no checking it.  THANK YOU

And while dozing at the gate before my connecting flight, I found myself feeling like those people in action movies who have the nuclear codes in their briefcase, which is handcuffed to their wrist. I was trying to wrap my body around my poster tube because dammit, it took a LOT of sweat and effort and cash to buy those damn things!  No double agent is taking away MY Pearl Jam posters!

5. The band was on fire last night, and seemed to have so much fun and also SERIOUSLY feel the love from the audience, it was a beautiful thing to be part of.  THANK YOU PEARL JAM and all your crew/staff as always for doing an amazing job of providing diverse, electric, amazing live shows year after year after year!

THANK YOU PEARL JAM! THANK YOU FELLOW FANS!  BRING ON NEW MUSIC AND MORE SHOWS IN 2019? 2020 FOR SURE!
Post edited by JH6056 on

Comments

• adusickadusick Posts: 1,387
    Thanks for sharing your experience. Cow Man!! That photo is just simply... something else! Love it.
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,763
    I took that epic photo of Stone and Cowman in Mansfield. I met Stone at an event in NYC shortly afterward and gave him a printed copy with some funny comments around it and titled it What was Stone Thinking? I said "I just wanted you to know how it looked from the crowd"
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    edited September 2018
    That is so cool! You can't stop the story there though @URthekey - what did he say or how did he react?

Excellent photo, you really captured the surrealism of the moment for sure!
    Post edited by JH6056 on
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,763
    Well, the commentary I added to the image were in the form of little thought bubbles that said things that he might be thinking... like ‘got milk?’, and  ‘just trying to cure my breastfeeding envy’... just silly stuff..... 
    And in response to what it looked like he said rather sheepishly ‘Yeah I know, like I was giving him a blow job”. Then we both just laughed.
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    URthekey said:
    Well, the commentary I added to the image were in the form of little thought bubbles that said things that he might be thinking... like ‘got milk?’, and  ‘just trying to cure my breastfeeding envy’... just silly stuff..... 
    And in response to what it looked like he said rather sheepishly ‘Yeah I know, like I was giving him a blow job”. Then we both just laughed.
    Thanks for explaining this, your thought bubbles were awesome!  And now I don't feel so bad about my commentary above, emphasizing the head motion... I think Jeff's expression in your pic pretty much says it all.  It was hysterical!  And yes, that looked like one happy cow... =)