Options

MUSICIANS!.....ever notice this

chicago23xchicago23x Posts: 53
Headphones!

When you listen to them with headphones that you can totally hear Stone in one ear & Mike in the Other........It's awesome...
State of Love & Trust, the end solo to Alone (Lost Dogs new re-recorded version).....those are just two, it's so cool though
Hell; a paticular realm of the after life where they never play Pearl Jam
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I think I noticed that when I was 12
    "I have wished for so long, how I wish for you today"--Long Road
  • Options
    sorry if i'm over reacting, or if your not being patronising, but take a look at all the other posts here at PJ's message board, do you see anyone else hatin'........thanks......you never know who hasn't really given that much thought....
  • Options
    "we got the means to make amends".......please
  • Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    yeah ive noticed it too, it especially sounds great when they rock hard together!
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    even cooler is that the ear they are in seems to switch depending on whether it is live or not......like when they are live stone would be to the right as you face the band.... but on studio versions it feels like you are listening from where Ed might be stood.....so mike is on the right.
    "I am not only a pacifist but a militant pacifist. I am willing to fight for peace. Nothing will end war unless the people themselves refuse to go to war."

Albert Einstein
  • Options
    pariahpariah Posts: 596
    I always listen to PJ music on earphones... it does the music justice. Suck when someone tries to talk to you though... you'd have to decide wether to part with Mike or Stone..

Even worse with the first Doors record... choose Drum 'n Bass or Guitar 'n Keys... :confused:
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Options
    i ditched my old cd player a few weeks ago and invested in a neat little system, which at the moment only has headphones. But, geez the first time I listened to my cds on it I was blown away. The amount you can pick up with a decent pair of headphones is just amazing. I can hear every kick of the drum, every cry of the guitar and..... even understand what used to be eddie mumbling. So, to celebrate this arrangement, apart from the standard adding of chocolate to milk I went out and scored myself a copy of binaural.
    waiting for the great leap forward

12 people may make the one decision but that doesn't make it right.

Free Rob Farquharson, wrongfully imprisoned!!

www.factbeforetheory.net
  • Options
    yeah man i been doing this for ages and yeah it does make the music so much clearer. try some shrooms aswell and then see how you hear it. whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I know that i'm born and i know that i'll die but the inbetween is mine
    Fuck me if i say somthing you dont want to hear,
    Fuck me if you only hear whats in your head.
    Fuck me if you can, coz im not leaving here.
  • Options
    just coz some people have put down loads of posts to become high rankers but dat dont make you any betta ok. Out of all the forums i thought this one would be hate free being pearl jam but maybe some of us cant help it. all you need is love man
  • Options
    jodijodi Posts: 183
    i didn't know..but that's because i am not the smartest ;)
    There's a light,... when my baby's in my arms...
    And I know she's reached my heart,... in thin air
  • Options
    Originally posted by chicago23x
    sorry if i'm over reacting, or if your not being patronising, but take a look at all the other posts here at PJ's message board, do you see anyone else hatin'........thanks......you never know who hasn't really given that much thought....

oh please.... i see people "hatin" in other threads. take YOU for example......just yesterday in a thread about gay marriage you said...."i really don't care.....the more fags the better....more women for me" and now you talk about people "hatin" when someone says something to you???? get over yourself.
    Stunned by my own reflection, it's looking back sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again. Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down.
  • Options
    jodijodi Posts: 183
    each day you don't laugh is a waste..
    There's a light,... when my baby's in my arms...
    And I know she's reached my heart,... in thin air
  • Options
    i enjoy the pearl jam experience much more wearing headphones as well. it's very true that you can pick up every little detail in the music that may not usually be heard. i noticed while listening to In My Tree after a night of heavy smoking that the drums create a waterfall. it literally seems that the beats are falling like water, ya know what i mean? it's really intense when you can actually imagine a drum waterfall. i loved it. the only thing that's not so wonderful about headphones is that it's not as fun to sing along or dance like crazy cause it just isn't the same as when the music's coming from a stereo.
  • Options
    I can't believe I'm not the only one who prefers PJ on headphones! My mom always makes fun of me for it....I especially love the section of Evenflow after the second chorus, when it sounds like Mike and Stone are....I don't know....dueling with their guitars. So awesome!!
  • Options
    it's called...

...stereo!
    "Edges dulled... at the end of the day..."
  • Options
    oi, calm the attitude.

I am the law.
  • Options
    heres the elignment:

left headphone: Mike, drums, and eddie

Right headphone: Stone and Jeff

HOWEVER

on VS Mike and Stone switch places (left to right and vice versa)

isnt that weird?
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"