RIP KRISTEN HOOD

I am writing this on behalf of Ryan Byrne who is a life long friend of Kristen, who lost her battle with anxiety and depression this week. I had only recently known her. Of course, it was because of this band with whom we all share our love, fanaticism, and addiction.
She reached out to me regarding the upcoming Fenway shows. She had tickets but circumstances led her to want to change her seat, which she also did seeing the Foos several weeks ago. I do not claim to know her well at all but she certainly vented a lot to me. I could tell she needed to and as a new friend I let her vent and spew....
She definitely had a very troubled past and I don't know if everything she told me was true or not but I believe most of it was. Out of respect I will not hash out here everything we talked about. But I will tell you this. She loved PJ but her true love was Chris Cornell. Her life unraveled for personal reasons several years ago. Her illness prevented her from seeing PJ at Fenway in 2016. Now this. 

For those of you that have been following the facebook thread, the finger-pointing is, well, pointless. She had a terrible illness. Terrible enough for her to take herself away from the two beautiful children she loved.

if you want to share your thoughts, please reach out to Ryan Byrne on the Official 10C Members Page on facebook.

if the band chooses to remember her with a dedication, again on behalf of Ryan, please keep her in your thoughts. Light Years? LBC?? For me I will think of her the entire show.

PEACE AND LOVE TO ALL
if nothing is everything......

Comments

• I too became friends with Kristen through Official on Facebook. She was a great friend and helped me through some really hard times I was having when I was having dark thoughts myself. I reached out to her last week also and really got to hear her whole story. It was heartbreaking to hear. I kept telling her to take one day at a time. And Just Breathe. Told her I couldn’t wait to give her a big hug at the concert, which is tomorrow now.  So we ask that the band to honor her at what was to be her first Pearl Jam concert with You Can Close Your Eyes. 
    #YouCanCloseYourEyes4Kristen
  • Thank you! #Youcancloseyoureyes4kristen
    Having tasted, a life wasted, I'm never going back again!
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,242
    Fuck that Facebook group. Toxic as hell. RIP Kristen. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • I have said it a bunch, but never hurts to say again... she was a very very kind person and I could tell easily from my limited interaction of just buying a poster from her not long ago. RIP
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016