<3 RIP Kato Khandwala - Love in Boston

EN37000EN37000 Posts: 7
edited August 2018 in The Porch
At the end of April we lost my husband's best friend and his music producer, Kato Khandwala (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kato_Khandwala). There are so many amazing things to say about this man but he would say 'hey, don't make this about me" because that's who he was. He was in the running to produce the next Soundgarden album and was at the last show, backstage with the band and at the hotel before Chris passed. That was such a hard time for him (for all of us). And whenever we would reach out to him and ask how he's doing he would say "it's not about me, it's about Chris and his family and the music and the fans and the legacy" (I'm paraphrasing). My husband told me (after Kato passed) that Kato was planning to surprise me for my birthday and get me backstage for the Boston shows. That would have been amazing and the intention means more than it ever happening. My hope for the Boston shows is that the band will play one for Kato so that his girl, Shannon, gets to hear about it and feel the impact of his legacy living on. Matt Cameron would know best which song to pick. My understanding is that they knew each other, though Kato was working regularly with Matt Chamberlin when he passed. Even if it's not announced out loud, I would love the boys to dedicate in their hearts one for Kato and Shannon. We miss him so much. Music is so healing and he lives on through all the amazing music he created and produced. #ripkato

Post edited by EN37000 on