Options

Live at the Garden Yellow Ledbetter

canuckcanuck Posts: 2
Hi there. I just joined this group about 1/2 an hour ago. I've been reading all the boards and it seems like you guys and girls know Jam. My brother and I saw Pearl Jam this passed summer at the DTE in Michigan and it was one of the best concerts I've seen. He got me the Live at the Garden DVD for Christmas, and the lyrics to Yellow Ledbetter were really touching considering the war in Iraq. Does anybody know the modified lyrics that were sang at the garden? It means a lot to me. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Thanks from Ontario Canada.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    silassilas Posts: 23
    I'm not sure what the LATG version is, but it's probably similar to the State College version. I typed the lyrics to it, to the the best extent I could understand them. here they are:
    on the ceiling, on the wayside letter, saying dont have to ever feel this way again,no no, on the wayside, on the frontside letter, i dont have to ever feel this way again, on the wayside i'd like to wish this war away, but i've tried and i've tried, but it just dont, dont happen that way, dont happen that way, and my brother he's been sent off to fight for the flag, i don't, i don't hope he comes home in a box or a bag, hey, hey can you see them? out on the porch yeah, but they don't wave, i see them, on the front way, and i know, i know, i don't want to stay..

creed sucks/mccreedy solo (guitar solo)

want to see him and if i could wish it all away, and i hope and i pray that he can be back with us backstage, and i know that he's just fine and his path as long as it's not a box or a bag, hey, hey, can you see them? out on the porch, yeah, but they don't wave, i see them, on the front way yeah, and i know and i know, i don't want to stay.. at all..i don't want to stay...don't want to stay..i don't want to stay..no, no..no, no..ohhh, ohhhh woah..

I'm sure there's more than a few errors.
  • Options
    canuckcanuck Posts: 2
    thanks, it really does mean a lot
  • Options
    WernyWerny Posts: 63
    What's the Creed sucks? I don't know much about, ehem, rock culture, so uh, is that an insult to Creed? I don't get it.
    This puke stinks like beer, and everybody's here, so come on come on come on, let's lay waste to this Century...
  • Options
    i forgeti forget Posts: 281
    Does Eddie play guitar on this song, ever? That'd be somethin' special. It's one of my favorites, especially the gifted way the lyrics and jams change, very meaningful, true talent. Thank you, Pearl Jam!