Fenway request roundup

Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 4,023
edited August 2018 in The Porch
What has been the most requests leading up to any upcoming show?  Current Fenway request round up:

No Way

Dirty Frank

Thin Air

Just Breathe

Blood

Forever Young

Hard to Imagine

Army Reserve

WMA

Big Wave

Dissident

Chloe/Crown

Tremor Christ

Just a Girl

Betterman

Man of the Hour

Release

Long Road

Wish List

Undone

While this would make one helluva a first set for either night, I can definitely see this getting done over 2 nights. But what is the most amount of requests we have seen leading up to any particular show? I hope all of these get played for everybody. Lots of gems on this list. 
Post edited by Ray J. T. on

Comments

• droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,430
    Too many requests nowadays
  • GT1015GT1015 Posts: 184
    Can I request that someone pick me up a pair of socks from the Boston shows?  White or grey or both.  Cheers!
  • droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,430
    GT1015 said:
    Can I request that someone pick me up a pair of socks from the Boston shows?  White or grey or both.  Cheers!
    As long as they get a pair for @tempo_n_groove as well!
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,136
    GT1015 said:
    As long as they get a pair for @tempo_n_groove as well!
    lol, TY.  I'll be there in person to pick a pair up for myself.
  • Too many requests nowadays
    I actually love to see the requests and hear what each song means to each fan.  Isn't that ultimately why we all are here?  The music hits each of us in different ways and I feel like I get a better appreciation of a song by reading these requests.  If that's not something that interests you then you can just ignore them.  They're pretty easy to spot.
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 4,023
    I actually love to see the requests and hear what each song means to each fan.  Isn't that ultimately why we all are here?  The music hits each of us in different ways and I feel like I get a better appreciation of a song by reading these requests.  If that's not something that interests you then you can just ignore them.  They're pretty easy to spot.
    I as well enjoy all the stories, and reading up on what all the songs mean to everybody. I also enjoy seeing the creativity in people at the shows when it comes to the requests, for example: that one time @dimitrispearljam dressed up as a Ghost was classic. 
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    I feel like they open every Mass show with Release>Long Road. It’s always great but something different would be nice.  

Let’s add to the list:

Out of My Mind

U

World Wide Suicide

Hold on

Unemployable

Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

I feel like they open every Mass show with Release>Long Road. It’s always great but something different would be nice.  

Let’s add to the list:

Out of My Mind

U

World Wide Suicide

Hold on

Unemployable

Any of these as openers would set the tone for a very special kind of night. 
  • JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,407
    I would get a kick out of them doing a full on reverse show.  Open with yellow Ledbetter and go from there 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
    JP218404 said:
    I would get a kick out of them doing a full on reverse show.  Open with yellow Ledbetter and go from there 
    That would get everybody going! Knowing towards the end of the show you can get some gems and rarities. Never thought about this, I like the idea. 
  • RE4790RE4790 Posts: 801

I think it's really cool to hear about the emotional significance that people place on music.  Selfishly, it gives you a new light with which to illuminate a piece of art you might have already viewed thousands of time.  It's also cathartic for the other person to be able to communicate to a none judgmental group about their life and how music's power can shape their world.  I do wonder... and this is not an attack on anyone... about some of the kinds of requests that we see here.  They can come across as... and please dont anyone get offended here... almost like a form of emotional blackmail.  To say "I'm suffering and I want you to do something for me" puts a emotional burden (guilt?) on the band to acknowledge the individual's issues or worse adjudicate between the suffering of multiple people who are making the requests.  I dunno, maybe it's just me.  I had a weird upbringing.

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    RE4790 said:

I think it's really cool to hear about the emotional significance that people place on music.  Selfishly, it gives you a new light with which to illuminate a piece of art you might have already viewed thousands of time.  It's also cathartic for the other person to be able to communicate to a none judgmental group about their life and how music's power can shape their world.  I do wonder... and this is not an attack on anyone... about some of the kinds of requests that we see here.  They can come across as... and please dont anyone get offended here... almost like a form of emotional blackmail.  To say "I'm suffering and I want you to do something for me" puts a emotional burden (guilt?) on the band to acknowledge the individual's issues or worse adjudicate between the suffering of multiple people who are making the requests.  I dunno, maybe it's just me.  I had a weird upbringing.

I have made a request this tour and know what you mean about burdening the band. I also feel guilty taking up space on the Porch. I really do not think the band reads this page though. I think someone that works here takes the requests and shows it to the band. Do they take all of the requests or just a handful who knows. I have nothing to base this off of but just a hunch that Eddie Vedder does not lurk on this site. That said this US tour has had very little songs that were requested played. There have been a handful played but not as much as Europe this year or in the past and definitely not as many shout out. I kind of like this trend to be honest.