Options

in hiding

This song has become my favorite over the last few months. I beleive that it is about being paranoid or having a bad trip. The lyrics are:

"I shut and locked the front door no way in or out...
...I turned and walked the hallway ..pulled the curtains down...
...soon I was seeing visions and cracks along the wall...
they were upside down...
.....Im in hiding".

Of course these are slightly paraphrased.Does any one else have a different take on this song?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Getting away from it all and attempting to sort your head out.
    Perhaps the house described in the song is a metaphor for retreating into your own head.

Definintly one of the best songs on yield
    "I am not only a pacifist but a militant pacifist. I am willing to fight for peace. Nothing will end war unless the people themselves refuse to go to war."

Albert Einstein
  • Options
    pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Given the mood of the song (not really paranoid or bad trippy or so, Push Me pull Me is more like that :)), i'd go for Joe's interpretation...

But it's a fantastic song!! Makes me wanna jump and smile 'til the corners of my mouth reach my ears... you know what I mean...:D
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Options
    I relate to this song a lot. This is what I understand from it.

"I shut and locked the front door
    No way in or out
    I turned and walked the hallway
    And pulled the curtains down
    I knelt and emptied the mouth of every club around
    But nothing's sound, nothing's sound"

I think this is to isolate one's self so as not to be distracted by outside influences

"I swallow my words to keep from lying
    I swallow my first just to keep from biting, I, I..
    I swallowed my breath and went deep, I was diving, diving
    I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"

To stop lying to yourself and to others is to know who you are. This is to know yourself and explore more than just the physical being.

"It's been about three days now
    Since I've been aground
    No longer overwhelmed and it seems so simple now
    It's funny when things change so much
    It's all state of mind"

Where you've figure out where you stand and what you mean, how when you look at things from a different angle you understand it more and it seems so different.

The "In Hiding" part means to detach yourself from the outside world to get to know yourself better.

Thats roughly what I get from the song. I can't explain it well though. It's much deeper to me than what I wrote here.
    "Provided there are no pre-conditions"

Originally posted by MrBrian -

"one day a country may just liberate america, what will you say then?"
  • Options
    little_wishlittle_wish England, The North Posts: 532
    Originally posted by JesusTheTerrorist
    I think this is to isolate one's self so as not to be distracted by outside influences

To stop lying to yourself and to others is to know who you are. This is to know yourself and explore more than just the physical being.

Where you've figure out where you stand and what you mean, how when you look at things from a different angle you understand it more and it seems so different.

The "In Hiding" part means to detach yourself from the outside world to get to know yourself better.

I absolutely love this song, more so recently. I totally relate to it and your interpretation JesusTheTerrorist sounds spot on to me!
    20-04-2006 04-09-2006 05-09-2006 11-09-2006 16-09-2006 17-09-2006 18-06-2007 21-06-2007 26-06-2007 28-06-2007 17-08-2009 20-05-2010 21-05-2010

"The live shows? Well, that's church on Sundays"
  • Options
    Originally posted by j0enewt0n
    Getting away from it all and attempting to sort your head out.
    Perhaps the house described in the song is a metaphor for retreating into your own head.

Definintly one of the best songs on yield
    I agree. I love this song. The message I've gotten from it helps me ALL the time. Its about taking time for yourself. Getting away from the everyday and gaining perspective. It can completely change the way you feel.
  • Options
    LanfearLanfear Posts: 33
    I adore this song and I find it very soothing when I'm feeling overwhelmed by anything.
    Dear God, save me from your followers

Avocados have a big Stone
  • Options
    Originally posted by Inside|The|Well
    I absolutely love this song, more so recently. I totally relate to it and your interpretation JesusTheTerrorist sounds spot on to me!

Why thank you.
    "Provided there are no pre-conditions"

Originally posted by MrBrian -

"one day a country may just liberate america, what will you say then?"