Options

Picture from Safeco on the Home Page

Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
Totally awesome picture from Safeco w/Seattle skyline & the 47,000 of us who were there each night, really awesome energy, so super stoked still from those shows

Comments

• Options
    I wish the 10c would offer this as a limited edition print (2,500) like (24"x36" or hopefully larger) that would look awesome on my wall next to some of my PJ posters
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    edited August 2018
    Wow, that's awesome. I'd definitely be up for having that one. Those shows were epic!
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Wow, that's awesome. I'd definitely be up for having that one. Those shows were epic!
    for sure, I am sure they could see 2,500 of them, even if you limit it to 1 per person, no problem whatsoever, even for those who didn't attend the show, that would look awesome in someone's living room with the Seattle Skyline, I was in lower reserved so it was hard t\o grasp exactly how packed it was, but that picture illustrates it really well

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,087
    That's an amazing withdrawal.  Kind of bummed the summer is winding down and the concert has passed :(
  • Options
    Zod said:
    That's an amazing withdrawal.  Kind of bummed the summer is winding down and the concert has passed :(
    The shows were really great, always wish I could see more. I am bummed too, but what can you do? The last 4 shows I have been to I got 35, 30,32 & 36 songs, So I feel pretty fortunate because i remember back when they rarely cracked 28, or way back in the day when they didn't even play 20, first show I went to was Reno 1993 & I think that was like 17 or 18 songs. The funny thing was both nights I was begging for one more song, I didn't want it to end. 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,528
    Couldn't even sell out the lawn.  Pathetic....:)
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    I'd love to have this photo as a poster!
  • Options
    LOVE the photo as well
    it would be cool just to have as a download for a screen saver
  • Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    That's a beautiful picture. I miss Seattle  :s
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    RobZRobZ Park City, Utah Posts: 181
    Great photo....but makes me long for the days of indoor venues.
    2006: Las Vegas, Nevada
    2009: Salt Lake City, Utah
    2012: Missoula, Montana
    2014: Denver, Colorado
    2018: Missoula, Montana

• Options
    Couldn't even sell out the lawn.  Pathetic....:)

• Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    What an amazing shot. It made me smile when i went to the home page and gave me a rush of great memories. 
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    tubes10stubes10s Posts: 512
    I wish the 10c would offer this as a limited edition print (2,500) like (24"x36" or hopefully larger) that would look awesome on my wall next to some of my PJ posters
    I had an interesting thought.... With all of the talk about posters and merch lately, and folks seeming to prefer to do as much as they can to make sure that each fan gets the posters and merch that they want.... why would "limited edition" matter if this were turned into a poster?
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    10-29-13 - Charlottesville
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • Options

tubes10s said:
    I had an interesting thought.... With all of the talk about posters and merch lately, and folks seeming to prefer to do as much as they can to make sure that each fan gets the posters and merch that they want.... why would "limited edition" matter if this were turned into a poster?
    I guess it wouldn't, that is something they could sell for years, I imagine a lot of fans would want one & as we know there are a ton of Pearl Jam fans. It wasn't lost on me at those shows, that one point the band had a real love-hate relationship with the city of Seattle & some of the more underwhelming crowds had been here, with Portland & Vancouver crowds clearly better than the ones in Seattle, but those Safeco shows, the crowd was buzzing for nearly the entirety of both shows, everyone was really into it & you could really feel the buzz & I am sure that at some point all the band members were thinking we have finally won over our hometown, so there is definitely a much deeper meaning to that photograph, it was in essence a 27+ year culmination & everyone here is already anticipating when the next shows will be, cause that was super awesome!
  • Options
    It still feels surreal to me that I was there for both nights.
  • Options
    Exactly it was such a great week, can't wait to do it again
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    It's kind of stunning how much you can zoom in and how much detail on people you can still make out!  I know where I was standing Nights 1 and 2, and based on this pic my guess is it's from Night 1 because I can't see myself in one location (but can see the people pretty clearly) but I can't really see other location clearly.

Anyway just amazed by the shot as a whole, but also the level of detail as you zoom in, even from that far away!
  • Options
    JH6056 said:
    It's kind of stunning how much you can zoom in and how much detail on people you can still make out!  I know where I was standing Nights 1 and 2, and based on this pic my guess is it's from Night 1 because I can't see myself in one location (but can see the people pretty clearly) but I can't really see other location clearly.

Anyway just amazed by the shot as a whole, but also the level of detail as you zoom in, even from that far away!
    Yes it's an awesome photo, the whole image with the Seattle skyline, you can even see the Space Needle in the background
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 900
    me too!
  • Options
    Totally awesome picture from Safeco w/Seattle skyline & the 47,000 of us who were there each night, really awesome energy, so super stoked still from those shows

I was only at night 1, unfortunately.  Does anyone know if this pic was taken Night 1 or 2? 
  • Options
    isnt this the picture?
    https://www.1xrun.com/run/charles-peterson-pearl-jam-the-home-shows-safeco-field-seattle-8-8-18/

I bought one when they were on sale...nice deal.

Brian
  • Options
    bigjilmbigjilm Sea Posts: 182
    lemon2 said:
    isnt this the picture?
    https://www.1xrun.com/run/charles-peterson-pearl-jam-the-home-shows-safeco-field-seattle-8-8-18/

I bought one when they were on sale...nice deal.

Brian
    I bought one as well. The other prints are great, and I know you can't see the band in this one, but knowing I'm in that crowd made me want it.