ISO 1998 East Troy/Chicago Poster. Have Actual Good Stuff to Trade.

Just saw this went for 2K on eBay this week.  These were my first 2 shows (out of an eventual 55). 

I am looking to trade for that particular poster. I have over 150 PJ posters I'm willing to part with, almost all pre-2010. I have S/N 98s for Cleveland and Las Vegas, as well as 98 Los Angeles, a few 96s, a slew of 2000s, almost all the 03s, a lot of early Klausen, an Ed S/N for his solo Chicago show etc. plus all the PJ albums and a lot of singles original pressing on vinyl including a sealed Benaroya, sealed Into the Wild and myriad other items (including complete 00 and 03 boots plus other rarities like two Stone show-thrown picks)...

Anyone who has the 98 East Troy/Chicago and would be willing to make a deal hit me up. Not willing to pay eBay prices but I guarantee you I can make it worth your while.

Thanks.

Comments

• sdavissdavis Posts: 960
    Did you see that poster was creased in the middle as if it had been folded in half! 
  • unikunkaunikunka Posts: 87
    Brutal.  I remember buying a beer in the United Center at the show in 98 and there being a wide open merch stand with a stack of 50 posters all avail for purchase for $15!
  • MattchewMattchew Posts: 1,345
    unikunka said:
    Brutal.  I remember buying a beer in the United Center at the show in 98 and there being a wide open merch stand with a stack of 50 posters all avail for purchase for $15!
    Damn, that is crazy.  I wish I had a time machine.
    I had a ticket to this show, went to Chicago to see it, at the last minute gave it to my brother so I could party in Chicago. 
  • Good luck OP. I had that show poster made into a badass fridge magnet for $10 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Another one up on eBay! This one is in good condition.
    sdavis said:
    Another one up on eBay! This one is in good condition.
    I saw that too!  
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    Older PJ fans must have unlimited disposable income
    Haha, it seems that way right.
    Up to 1825 already.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,905
    Borrowing cost is quite cheap these days.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,634
    I'll finance someone's purchase lol
  • Older PJ fans must have unlimited disposable income
    I don't believe that. I think folks put themselves in terrible debt - are secretive about their purchases from their spouses - are in a constant state of leveraging purchases against purchases.
    www.cluthelee.com
    I don't believe that. I think folks put themselves in terrible debt - are secretive about their purchases from their spouses - are in a constant state of leveraging purchases against purchases.
      Yes, I believe this.  Sad, but true.
  • TH113769TH113769 Posts: 439
    This might be true with some, but I know plenty of people who have worked their ass off (some are "older". some are "younger"), have been successful, and have disposable income to collect what they want to collect.  If you lever against any collectible purchase that is just foolish (or maybe they went to Arizona State). 

Although I may not agree, some people view purchases as an investment or at least a break even if worse came to worse and they have to sell.  Others, who are not necessarily collectors, will pay and then raffle, which is part of the problem with the crazy prices these days.  Instead of getting a "deal" on a great 98, people know raffle value and will buy below that value as long as the ROI makes sense.  I personally like the art, frame and hang almost everything I buy or give to friends / charity if they are not going to be on a wall.  Everyone is different and has different objectives I guess.
    92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
    And another one up!
    sdavis said:
    And another one up!
    This one looks like the best condition thus far.
    Mattchew said:
    sdavis said:
    And another one up!
    This one looks like the best condition thus far.
    It has pin  holes in the corners
    Go get one of these OP! 
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,410
    I feel the same way
  • ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 730
    I have one in storage. First pj show, and I always intended to frame it. but 2k is a lot of money......
  • KC2917KC2917 Posts: 872
    Overgeneralize much?