Options

best pj record?

whoYOUarewhoYOUare Posts: 274
i know its impossable to pick just one, but what would yall say is their best record top to bottom?
my list would start with no code, ten, binaural after that there is no way to pick, i just love everything they have done
peace
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    i agree with no code, then yield and vs
  • Options
    LontanLontan Posts: 52
    yeild is the best record ever made!!! :D
    but then you have riot act, vs. and no code close behind, all are impossibly great albums. Now i'm not claiming that the other reocrds sucks, teh, vitalogy and binaural still are a great deal better than any other albums out there on the market...
  • Options
    No doubt it has to be Ten.....

I know some day you will have a beautiful life, I know you will be a star in someone else sky, but why can't it be mine.
  • Options
    is their best record, closely followed by "Yield" and "Vs".
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    Originally posted by uzalive
    No doubt it has to be Ten.....

I know some day you will have a beautiful life, I know you will be a star in someone else sky, but why can't it be mine.

That must be one of the best lines in a lyric I ever heard...just tragic and still so beautiful...Black is an amazing song...

But Ten really isn't their best record...their later stuff is much better. I guess we could say that Ten was more influencive but not better...
  • Options
    ten is way too much overrated.
    em ot sselecirp si y c a v i r p
  • Options
    little_wishlittle_wish England, The North Posts: 532
    Vitalogy and Yield have the best songs on.

Vitalogy:
    Spin The Black Circle
    Tremor Christ
    Nothingman
    Corduroy
    Immortality

Yield:
    Faithful
    Given to Fly
    Wishlist
    Do the Evolution
    MFC
    Lowlight
    All those Yesterdays

Just a few!
    20-04-2006 04-09-2006 05-09-2006 11-09-2006 16-09-2006 17-09-2006 18-06-2007 21-06-2007 26-06-2007 28-06-2007 17-08-2009 20-05-2010 21-05-2010

"The live shows? Well, that's church on Sundays"
  • Options
    no code is by far the pivital album for PJ. then a close second is vitalogy and then ten just on general principle
  • Options
    Not a hige fan of No code, but I kinda agree with ya there septimus_bean. By the way.. welcome to the board!
    20-04-2006 04-09-2006 05-09-2006 11-09-2006 16-09-2006 17-09-2006 18-06-2007 21-06-2007 26-06-2007 28-06-2007 17-08-2009 20-05-2010 21-05-2010

• Options
    Originally posted by theskyiscrape
    ten is way too much overrated.

I disagree. Ten is by far the best album they put out. It contains the most energetic songs and some of the more beutiful songs they have crafted. But not to say that the rest of their albums suck no. The other albums have there strong points and there beutiful songs to. Ten is in my opinion the best album they have put out.

I see where your coming from I think. It was there most commercial but that shouldn't take away anything from the album.
  • Options
    pariahpariah Posts: 596
    1. RIOT ACT
    2. Binaural
    3. Vitalogy
    4. Yield
    5. No Code
    6. Vs.
    7. Ten

For today, that is. Things could be different tomorrow...
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Options
    Originally posted by pariah
    For today, that is. Things could be different tomorrow...

They always are...
  • Options
    ya know this has taken me close to 15 minutes to do because SHIT!! it's so hard hehehehe.
    Love 'em all but if I must choose

1. Vs
    2. YIELD
    3. TEN
    4. VITALOGY
    5. BINAURAL
    6. RIOT ACT
    7. NO CODE
    Dear God, save me from your followers

Avocados have a big Stone
  • Options
    vs i love the power of that album
  • Options
    1. Vs.
    2. Binaural
    3. Ten

Also, the old live records (like girl... if anyone knows this)
    "Speed is one thing, Balance is another" - Zorro
    http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/ ==> try it, it rocks!
  • Options
    {[No_Code}]{[No_Code}] Posts: 4,059
    01. No Code
    02. Yield
    03. Binaural
    04. Riot Act
    05. Vitalogy
    06. Vs
    07. Ten
    So that is how I learned the lesson that everyone is alone. And your eyes must do some raining if you are ever going to grow. But when crying don't help and you can't compose yourself. It is best to compose a poem, an honest longing or simple song of hope.
    That is why I'm singing
  • Options
    1. No Code
    2. Yeild
    3. Vs
    4. Riot Act
    5. Vitalogy
    6. Ten
    7. Binaural
  • Options
    Ten
    Vs
    Yeild
    Vitalogy
    Riot Act
    No Code
    Binaural

IMO
    If I knew where it was I'd take you there
  • Options
    Was this thread intended to point out our favourite song or album? Bah well, Vitalogy wins hands down

• Options
    My favorite is Riot Act, it is more mature than the others, but I think Yield is fine, too.
  • Options
    My favorite is Riot Act, it is more mature than the others, but I think Yield is fine, too.
  • Options
    why do people constantly ask such hard questions that are like virtualy imposible to answer but still force you to ponder on them for hours without any resoult
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."
    "I may be drunk but at least I'm not insane."
    "I don't have a drinking problem 'Cept when I can't get a drink."
    "There ain't no devil, there's just god when he's drunk"
    -Tom Waits
  • Options
    From the 3 cds of theirs that I have momentarily,Ten,for sure,not neccesserily because of the contents,but because of the sentimental value.
    once you know
    you can never go back...
  • Options
    The List changes every 5 minutes but for the next 4 minutes and 30 secs this is it:

01. Yield
    02. Binaural
    03. Vs
    04. Vitalogy
    05. Ten
    06. No Code
    07. Riot Act
    If we could be heroes
    just for one day
  • Options
    this is what i feel like today:

Vitalogy

Vs
    Binaural
    Lost Dogs
    Riot Act
    No Code
    Ten
    Yield
    em ot sselecirp si y c a v i r p
  • Options
    brock05brock05 Posts: 11
    my fav changes from week to week day to day hour to hour depending on my mood. right now i'm heavily into V's again, just gotta love RVM, Indifference, Leash etc
    11/3/95 - Eastern Creek, Sydney
    12/3/98 - Sydney
    8 & 9/2/03 - Brisbane
    7/11/06 - Sydney
    11/11/06 - Brisbane
    14/11/06 - Melbourne
    19/11/06 - Newcastle
  • Options
    No Code
    A man lies in his bed in a room with no door. He waits, hoping for a presence, something, anything to enter. After spending half his life searching. He still felt as blank as the ceiling at which he stared. He is alive, but feels absolutely nothing, so is he? When he was six, he believed that the moon overhead followed him. By nine, he deciphered the illusion, trading magic for fact, no trade-backs. So this is what it's like to be an adult? If he only knew now what he knew then. Lying sideways atop crumpled sheets and no covers. He decides to dream...dream up a new self...for himself.

"In 20 years no one will remember Limp Bizkit or any of these 'alternative' rip-off bands like they will Pearl Jam. They understand the word integrity, the others don't."
    - Joey Ramone

I'm trying to make this review the most popular on MMMDI - http://musicmademe.com/reviews.php?...w&reviewid=6804
  • Options
    SoundSound Posts: 579
    THE NEXT
    It was a dream, not a nightmare. A beautiful dream I could never imagined in a thousand nods. I saw this girl next to me, she wasn't beautiful until she smiled. And I felt that smile come at me in heat waves following. Soaking through my body and out my finger tips in shafts of color. And I knew somewhere in the world, somewhere, that there was love for me.

Jim Carrol
  • Options
    BhagavadGitaBhagavadGita Posts: 1,748
    Originally posted by Sound
    THE NEXT

Idiom:
    next to
    Adjacent to: the car next to hers.
    Following in order or degree: Next to skiing, she likes hiking.
    Almost; practically: next to impossible.
  • Options
    Well, that's a damn hard question, just thougt about that yesterday.
    First of all, PJ records are just extremly different; No Code has amazing lyrics but all in all only slow songs and is not really powerful.
    Vs, instead rocks really( Go, woaah that song really rocks), but there are some slow songs on it too.
    Well, every album has it pros and contras i bet( i don't know Binaural and Vitalogy).

It's hard to decide wheather Ten is overrated or not, of course Allive, Even Flow, Once, Why go, Black, Porch, Realease and others are great songs but BUT in the rock songs of Ten(and that are most) is no Power.
    Really, listen to a live version of even flow, or alive and they really kick ass, but on the album... , pfff sucks.

So and now c'mon my personal favourite is YIELD.
    Every, really every single song on that album is great.
    Brain of JFK and Pilate are maybe the weakest, but they are still very good.
    Given to Fly, Wishlist and All those Yesterdays are the best songs on it, followed close by Faithfull, Low Light, MFC, Untitled (woa jack irons rocks), in hiding, push me pull me and no way.
    Did I forget anything?

Well, now the whatever list:

1st palce:YIELD
    2nd place: Vs
    3rd place: No Code
    4th place: Ten
    5th place: Riot Act (even if I dont really know it very well)

Binaural and Vitalogy are not rated, because I don't know them.
    And Lost dogs, no idea I listened to it only 2 times and , well some songs are just outtakes, never mind. But others are great too, Dead man walking, Yellow Ledbetter, Bee Girl...
    BANZÄÄÄ

When he was six, he believed that the moon overhead followed him
    By nine, he deciphered the illusion, trading magic for fact, no trade-backs
    So this is what it's like to be an adult?
    If he only knew now what he knew then