Options

As usual Pearl Jam and 10club is the best!

mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
edited August 2018 in The Porch
Quick recap, won global citizen vip, was expecting some sort of swag bag but didn’t get anything day of show. Just got this delivered to my door. I am speechless. Thank you thank you. @bbiggs @fall by the wayside

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
Post edited by mcgruff10 on

Comments

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,457
    Congrats!  That's awesome =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    edited August 2018
    I swear to god I knew they would come through. I blame it on the rain. So awesome. Thank you thank you. 
  • Options
    pjrusspjruss Posts: 456
    How was the backstage experience?
  • Options
    WashedWashed Posts: 736
    NICE! Congrats man!
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,131
    Awesome! Congrats!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    I saw Curtis management on the return label and said to myself “no f’ing way.  Holy shit”
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,360
    Awesome!
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    Nice!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Hell yeah, Mike! Got exactly what you wanted (the pennant). Awesome stuff! Congrats buddy. Great meeting you and your wife at the show. 
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    NICE!!!!  
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,824
    Nice dude! 
  • Options
    mikeliskamikeliska Posts: 248
    Nice! Just hung my pennant in my office yesterday, really liking it.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,947
    Awesome!!!!  :)
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,375
    Thats awesome, congrats man. Id love to hear your full write-up of the experience.
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    Hell yeah, Mike! Got exactly what you wanted (the pennant). Awesome stuff! Congrats buddy. Great meeting you and your wife at the show. 
    Yeah I wanted a pennant for my sons room and got it.  I couldn't be happier right now.  Awesome meeting you too!
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,488
    Very cool!!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,571
    Outstanding.

Nicely done Mike.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,148
    oh yeah yes GIF by Kool Aid
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    Awesome!

NYPJ
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,619
    Did someone tell you not to speak of your backstage experience Scruffy? :lol: Maybe you've responded to this question somewhere, but so far I've only seen people asking and you not answering! ;) If you've told a story, please direct me to it - I'd love to know what it was like! :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    @PJ_Soul nothing particular crazy happened backstage.  I was next to Dennis Rodman, Chris Chelios and a bunch of retired Cubs but no band sightings.  I found out there are many levels to backstage passes and I had the lowest.  I was able to gain access to two areas: right field bar area (no view of the stage) and above the right field wall.  Both areas I had the opportunity to buy $12 beers and $8 hot dogs lol.  It seems the higher up vip level you got the more access you received which resulted in different things.  During the rain delay I was actually behind the stage (right behind the away bullpen if that makes sense to you Cubs fans) and started conversation with a bunch of really cool local people.  Turns out one of them had pretty high vip access because her friend was best friends with mccready's wife...So that person could get in an area that had free food and drink.  Over the years she has met every member of pj except for Ed.
    Overall fantastic show with a great setlist imo.  I definitely fell in love with Chicago; the food, the beer, the people and the city itself is amazing.  Great trip overall except for the two and 1/2 hour delay flying out;  while "stranded" we found out my little one had a 104.9 temp.  Good times.

• Options
    Just a few pics: my pass, different types of passes, view from right field, pj gear during rain delay, my wife and I touching the ivy in right center. 

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,619
    edited August 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    @PJ_Soul nothing particular crazy happened backstage.  I was next to Dennis Rodman, Chris Chelios and a bunch of retired Cubs but no band sightings.  I found out there are many levels to backstage passes and I had the lowest.  I was able to gain access to two areas: right field bar area (no view of the stage) and above the right field wall.  Both areas I had the opportunity to buy $12 beers and $8 hot dogs lol.  It seems the higher up vip level you got the more access you received which resulted in different things.  During the rain delay I was actually behind the stage (right behind the away bullpen if that makes sense to you Cubs fans) and started conversation with a bunch of really cool local people.  Turns out one of them had pretty high vip access because her friend was best friends with mccready's wife...So that person could get in an area that had free food and drink.  Over the years she has met every member of pj except for Ed.
    Overall fantastic show with a great setlist imo.  I definitely fell in love with Chicago; the food, the beer, the people and the city itself is amazing.  Great trip overall except for the two and 1/2 hour delay flying out;  while "stranded" we found out my little one had a 104.9 temp.  Good times.

All sounds like a very interesting experience despite the rip off food and beer... all but that last part. 104.9, oh my gosh, that must have been really stressful to not be with him! I hope he's doing okay!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ^ Cool pics! Good thing you didn’t snag any ivy. I heard from security they were arresting people that got caught this year. Could be BS, but I noticed they had it under a net at the exits where people would be able to reach it and pull some off.  Hope the little ones doing ok...104.9 is scary! 
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Still has that 1000 yard glassy eyed stare but doing much better after puking 5 or 6 times last night.  I think I got a grand total of 2 hours of sleep and drank somewhere in the vicinity of 10 cups of coffee today.  Good times being a parent!  Thank you both for asking.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Good pics, Mike! Love the classic shot of you holding the beer. Anyone following the craft beer thread would know that hand. lol.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Still has that 1000 yard glassy eyed stare but doing much better after puking 5 or 6 times last night.  I think I got a grand total of 2 hours of sleep and drank somewhere in the vicinity of 10 cups of coffee today.  Good times being a parent!  Thank you both for asking.
    Traveling and having one of my kids get sick like that is one of my worst fears. Both of my kids get those super high fevers and I’m always a nervous wreck. Glad to hear he’s doing better. 
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,814
    edited August 2018
    jeffbr said:
    Good pics, Mike! Love the classic shot of you holding the beer. Anyone following the craft beer thread would know that hand. lol.
    LMAO! My thoughts exactly! 

Well, that and how during the photo is when GA was civil.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,814
    mcgruff10 said:
    I swear to god I knew they would come through. I blame it on the rain. So awesome. Thank you thank you. 
    Mike, 

Awesome for you brother! I was feeling so disappointed with all the shit that was going on during the Wrigley 18 Shitstorm. Glad you got a little something kicked your way. Too bad they didn't get you the Thomas, but definitely better than nothing. You're a deserving fan. 

10C - Good on you fine folks for taking the time to gather the stuff up. Package it and ship it out within such a short time.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,830
    Glad to hear got some merch man. 104.9 is crazy. Tough to deal with on a normal day but lack of sleep on the parents part really makes it tough on all. Hope the little one bounces back soon. The show itself with the rain mixed in was an amazing experience. I am so glad we made that trip and were able to meet up with you guys.