thank you to the fan @ Wrigley N1 in section 106 who thanked my Mom

Somewhere in the middle of N1, a fan (female, late 20s) came down and started talking to my Mom. The two had never met, and I didn't hear everything said, but I heard enough to know she appreciated what a big fan my Mom is, how she knew all the songs, and how she even danced to her favorite ones (she's almost 65, but still cool as hell). The fan even came back later, talked to my Mom again, and took a picture together.

My Mom and I have been to 28 shows together (dating back to 2000) and, over time, they've become our family vacations. She initially liked Pearl Jam because I liked them (she bought me Ten on cassette in '92 and she wrote the check that initially signed me up for the 10C in '95), but has certainly become a genuine fan over time.

In the preceding 26 shows, no one has said anything like that to my Mom; Saturday night was a first. Maybe my Mom reminded the fan of someone in her life, or it was just as simple as acknowledging someone older having so much fun. I'm not sure, and nor do I think that's necessarily the point. That interaction reminded me the power of interactions, and how something as simple as taking the time to thank someone else can have such a powerful effect. My Mom and I talked a lot about in N2 and on the drive back to Michigan.

So, to that fan, thank you for taking the time to do what you did. Your simple thank you was a big deal, and was a highlight of the trip out to Wrigley.

PJx69
EVx11

Comments