Options

All Along The Watchtower

All Along The Watchtower | Playing For Change | Song Around The World
"If there is something to be changed in this world then it can only happen with MUSIC" Jimi Hendrix

LOVE this version...for people who are fan's of the song  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=89&v=-UHHc7POovg

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    I've long wondered why this Dylan song is such a huge hit for Hendrix fans.  Don't get me wrong- I'm a HUGE Jimi fan! I have had all his records from practically the day they came out, seen every film about Jimi I can get my hands on and was lucky enough to have been around to have seen him live twice.  But for whatever reason, "All Along the Watchtower" is one of my least favorite Hendrix songs.  So what!  I'm happy whenever anyone like any Jimi song.  :smile:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    indeed dylan wrote a classic! and for sure it was made more famous because of the numerous artists/bands that have covered this great song, including jimi who did it the best(imo).  other than pearl jam i can name at least a few other bands i have seen cover watchtower. its always been a great song and always a treat to see anyone play it. 

having said that i am in love with the version linked in this thread(above). i ordered the cd right away cause the whole concept looks very very cool+

and on hendrix lol   ;)
    about a year ago i got turned onto a trombone player/musician from NOLA named corey henry, who did a hendrix cover(if 6 was 9), on his last cd, with corey glover(living colour) on vocals. it's a very cool album but probably hard to find out there
    there is a snippit to the song here  :)
    https://www.allmusic.com/album/lapeitah-mw0002945417