Bringing a 3 yr old to see PJ @ Fenway

2»

Comments

• deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    PJ5a1 said:
    I already knew.... bad idea... i already went to wrigley 1... I’m havjng withdrawal people. Forgive me
    We all lose our minds sometimes.  But yup . . . even the best kid can fall apart at an event like that.  Adults have a hard enough time behaving.  (There is an on-going thread about that right here on the porch.)  

Go forth.  Enjoy.  Bring kiddo a t-shirt.  :wink: 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • WesCWesC Posts: 92
    Don't be that guy.  Get your fix, but first get a babysitter.  Gotta think a sitter is cheaper than a ticket anyway.
    6/30/06 Milwaukee 8/23/09 Chicago 05/03/10 Kansas City 09/03/11 Alpine Valley 09/04/11 Alpine Valley 11/16/13 Oklahoma City
    11/19/13 Phoenix 11/29/13 Portland 10/03/14 St. Louis 10/17/14 Moline 10/19/14 St. Paul 04/26/16 Lexington 08/07/16 Boston
    08/22/16 Chicago 08/08/18 Seattle 08/10/18 Seattle 08/13/18 Missoula 08/18/18 Chicago
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Assuming you're really asking the question (and not just stirring the pot for fun, i.e. trolling!), if you do bring your 3 yr old, just be super clear that you're doing it for YOUR benefit and interest, and that most likely your 3 yr old won't have a clue where they are or why.  And you should "road test" your 3 yr old before Fenway, i.e. bring him to another local show WITH EAR PROTECTION and see how he handles it.  That will give you a good prediction of how he'll fare in a 3 hr show / 5 or 6 hr night.

And what will you do if he gets cranky?  As much as I support parents bringing kids of any age to shows WITH PROPER EAR PROTECTION (and for a 3 yr old it's noise-cancelling headphones, NOT ear plugs), I also can't stand when the kid is all kinds of miserable and the parent either ignores the kid or yells at them.  Have a Plan B, Plan C, and a Plan D for how you'll occupy him if he gets restless or is unhappy.  And if all else fails, be ready to go.

I started taking my kids to shows when they were babies, but I road-tested their patience and stamina.  I also brought a reclining stroller that they could pass out asleep in for the night, which made it much easier for me because once they were asleep, they were out until the next morning and it didn't matter how late the show went until.  But that doesn't work in a stadium unless you never go to your seats once they're sleepy.

So these are all things to consider.  My kids did great at shows but I also was ready to leave if they were having a hard time.  Now they're veterans and have their own music they want to go see live!
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    Can the baby catch a tambourine?
  • PJ5a1PJ5a1 Oceanside, NY Posts: 446
    CROJAM95 said:
    Erran Morad exposed Certain Republicans who  think 3 year olds should be armed to defend schools against attackers

so a rock concert is cake

go for it, what’s the worse that can happen?

hopefully the Boston Puker isn’t next to u
    I remember that guy!!! BRUTAL!!!
    If I were Eddie Vedder, would you like me any better? - Local H
    Can the baby catch a tambourine?
    Lmao!  B)
    I’ve come to my senses. The boy stays home and I just have to periscope it and watch in my backyard with some scotch, stogie and herbal remedies! 
  • PJ5a1 said:
    I’ve come to my senses. The boy stays home and I just have to periscope it and watch in my backyard with some scotch, stogie and herbal remedies! 
    That sounds pretty okay too. I've got a kid about that age, and I paid through the nose for an overnight nanny for Wrigley 2 so my spouse and I could both go (after ducking out solo for night 1). Babies change the calculus in a major way. I've been to certain shows where I wouldn't think twice about bringing the kid, but PJ is not that show.
  • I have three kids and I'm an elementary school principal -- this is a terrible idea.  I feel like you know this or you wouldn't have asked this question.  Find a really good, trusted sitter.  You'll enjoy the show.  Your child will most likely get spoiled by someone indulging them, not focused on a concert.  Bring your little one back a sticker, or shirt, or.... whatever.  Don't bring your 3 year old.  Anyone who thinks, "That's so cool, you brought your toddler" is probably not the person you want parental advice from.  You won't enjoy the show as much, your child won't remember it.  Just don't.  
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,685
    PJ5a1 said:
    Wife and I did that for Wrigley 1, had a great night
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    I have three kids and I'm an elementary school principal -- this is a terrible idea.  I feel like you know this or you wouldn't have asked this question.  Find a really good, trusted sitter.  You'll enjoy the show.  Your child will most likely get spoiled by someone indulging them, not focused on a concert.  Bring your little one back a sticker, or shirt, or.... whatever.  Don't bring your 3 year old.  Anyone who thinks, "That's so cool, you brought your toddler" is probably not the person you want parental advice from.  You won't enjoy the show as much, your child won't remember it.  Just don't.  
    +1, except the elementary school principal part
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • PJ5a1 said:
    GET 

A

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"