Options

Does scarcity of Safeco and Fenway tix mean scalpers were largely undermined?

2»

Comments

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    JH6056 said:
    I'm watching how scarce tix to Fenway are, and how hard a lot of people worked for Safeco tix (although there were like 10,000 more of those so not as hard to find as Fenway) and it makes me wonder, even given Safeco 1 tix disappearing for some and this forum going down the day/night of Wrigley 2, is that scarcity of tix a good sign that PJ and the 10Club's efforts to avoid scalpers were largely successful?

I know tix still ended up on Stubhub almost right away with the general onsale, and maybe even the 10Club sale (although we all know they didn't know where their tix were at first), but seems like overall that goal may have been reached better than ever before?  I'd love to know what the 10Club's experience was, or if it was similar/different to other tours/shows in terms of their perception of scalper activity.

Didn't see many scalpers for Safeco, but I know for Radiohead in 2 cities (they also did non-transferable mobile tix, but you could buy 1 with them), I know the scalpers looked very frustrated and didn't have much to offer (I asked out of curiosity).

What do you think, what was your experience as compared to past years if you got shut out or didn't try for tix until after the 10Club lottery?

Numerous Fenway tickets on StubHub, until recently, the cheapest were $350 +

Not sure what their ticketing system accomplishes, other than getting the same fans close to the stage for below market value show after show year after year
    If you want to buy your way up front, there are hundreds of other bands you can do that with. Pearl Jam is explicitly trying to stop you from doing this. It's entertaining to watch how frustrating it is for you, though. Proves they're successful.