Special thanks

smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
 So of course there isn’t enough space to thank the band and I wouldn’t know where to start. This is for the fans. 

Seattle night one. My girlfriend and I aren’t super dedicated camp out fans but he got in line (at my urging) around 2:30 to get a good spot.  It was a hot weekend in Seattle and we weren’t super prepared.  We get in and stand around thought a few hours which is rather hot even with the roof closed (thank you Pearl Jam).  Show starts and going great.  Right around mind your manners my girlfriend and love of my life pulls my shirt and says she’s not ok.  She has a blank stare and I’m not sure what’s happening but she comes though for a sec (it seems) however then buckles and isn’t responding.  Fans around (including i later find out girlfriend heard her talk and thought she was a dr) come by and she’s standing but off somewhere else.  I will say that we had two beers each and nothing else mind altering.   She buckles again and fans then rush in and carry her over the edge.  I hop over following and I’ll admit a small thought about how close I am to the band and I think I hear Ed ask if she’s alright.  Medical pros carry her in a wheelchair to which she tells me she’s fine (I’m a huge fan) however she’s not.  Shes rushed to the tent and given water and is completely fine.  Just a bit dehydrated. She joins in 4 songs later enjoying from the side.   

Just a huge thank you to the fans on Stone’s side for helping so quickly and another thank you to Safeco medial pros for assisting.  I’ll never know your names but I owe you a ton!!!  
Go Get 'Em Tigers!

Comments

• FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    Glad to hear that she’s okay.  That’s a scary situation.  Hope you both enjoyed the show.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 4,023
    I can't even begin to imagine how scary of a situation that must had been. Glad to see that it was nothing major, just a little dehydration and that she is ok. Hope you enjoyed the show. 
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Posts: 810
    Gotta be scary but it’s awesome that so many nice people love this awesome band. Last night was a blast in many ways because of that and I’m glad that was the case in Seattle too!
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    Contributor & Patron - liveon4legs.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10 | 2024: Vegas 5/16-&-18, Indy? Wrigley 2?

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
    Ridiculous roller coaster of emotions and feelings.  
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,842
    Glad everything was okay.  You hear stories like this all the time.  Important to stay hydrated.