Options

Where would MotherLoveBone be now?

LuvJamLuvJam Posts: 11
I was just listening to the Singles Soundtrack in particular Chloe/Crownof Thorns, and I just could not help wondering what would of happened to MotherLoveBone if Andy had not decided to visit Mt. olympus?......................I personally believe they would have become widely loved, enjoyed band, and would have toured with a great band called BlackOceanFootsteps fronted by the incredible Eddie Vedder.......:-)
"take my f-king hand"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    i like your name, that's cool
  • Options
    what do you mean visit Mount Olympus?
  • Options
    i bet mother love bone would be just as good known as anyother bands but just one question:

weren't basically all the members of pearl jam in mother love bone? not eddie of course but mike, jeff, and stone? that would mean there'd be no pearl jam... that ain't good.

"i can kill 'cause in god i trust..."
    - do the evolution -
    ...time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time...

"breathe, breathe in the air...don't be afraid to care...leave but don't leave me...look around and choose your own ground...for long you live and high you fly...and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry...and all you touch and all you see...is all your life will ever be..."
  • Options
    Originally posted by 20_layne_xien
    i bet mother love bone would be just as good known as anyother bands but just one question:

weren't basically all the members of pearl jam in mother love bone? not eddie of course but mike, jeff, and stone? that would mean there'd be no pearl jam... that ain't good.

"i can kill 'cause in god i trust..."
    - do the evolution -

Mike wasn't in MLB... he was in TOTD, but not MLB.

I heard an interview w/ Stone and Jeff were they said that MLB were having some problems and he speculated that MLB would probably not have been together for much longer anyway. I would think that Andy would be doing a solo thing if he was still alive and maybe Stone or Jeff would do the odd appearance w/ him, but I think they would've moved on. The musical climate wasn't right for MLB to become huge either. Even if there was no PJ, bands like Soundgarden, Nirvana and AIC were still coming up the ranks, and tho w/out PJ the whole 'grunge' thing may not have been as huge as it was, but I think the type of music MLB were making at the time wasn't the type of music that would've lasted much longer. That's not to say that they couldn't have evolved... but anyway. As much as I LOVE MLB and as much as I hate to admit it, i just don't think that logically and realistically they would've made it for much longer.
    "...to love some silly piece of music... or some band so much that it hurts"
  • Options
    Originally posted by ledbed ed
    what do you mean visit Mount Olympus?

To answer your question.....Mount Olympus is refered to in the liner notes of a redistribution of the MotherLoveBone cd APPLE. The Mount Olymus reference is used to describe Andy Woods death, and they say Andy went to Mount olympus instead of saying he died.
    "take my f-king hand"
  • Options
    You can never say. I was undoubtably a very bad event that Andy Wood died, but if he hadn't I very much doubt Pearl Jam as they are would ever have happened. Thats life I know that on my own life if some of the bad things hadn't have happened I wouldn't have ended up where I am and that Im hyappy where I am now. Theres no time in life for what ifs really
  • Options
    mklmgmklmg Posts: 45
    I just got me a fresh bottle of wine..... No, I really did !
    I was thinking of this just the other day. Being a NYer, I really didn't hear of the Seattle Scene until 1991, or at least, PJ & Nirvana. I had seen Soundgarden open for G'n'R but it was in a domed stadium & the sound system sucked. Oh, I know Johnny Rotten & PIL had a song called "Seattle", that was around '89 or so, but that was it as far as music went.... and I thought I listened to a "New Music" station ! Anyway, I first heard MLB on the Singles Soundtrack, and decided to get "Apple" or whatever they called the album, from the CD club I was in. This was in early '94 and I had just seen PJ down in St. Pete, Florida while on Easter vacation. (Fuckin' Awesome Show!) So my friend asked me WTF was MLB ? So I opened up the CD & holy shit !!! We played that MF for the next week straight ! I was totally into Seattle. Then Kurt died & I really wanted to know everything about the Seattle music scene.... Let's get back on topic now, this wine is pretty good !
    I was thinking a few days ago about Andy's lyrics. While they're good in their own right, I don't think they're as deep or as "como se dice" in English "relatable" (?) Christ, I'm fifty two years old & I fucking know what Eddie is talkin' about...PAIN ! ! ! And how much of it you must go through to know love and life, take your pick as to which causes you more. Andy's lyrics didn't have that edge. They're more "good time" to me, for some reason. Oh, they're much deeper than.... Good Charlotte.... for instance, but anyway.... That's my story & I'm stickin' to it.
    St. Pete 3/29/1994
    Jones Beach 8/24/2000
    Uniondale 4/30/2003
    New York 7/8/2003
    New York 7/9/2003
    New York 6/24/2008
    New York 6/25/2008
    New York 5/20/2010
    New York 5/21/2010
    Brooklyn 10/18/2013
    Wrigley 8/22/2016
  • Options
    SoLATisASoLATisA Posts: 215
    i really don't think they'd be so succesful. it's just a feeling i had... but pearl jam rose to popularity cause of eddie's unique voice.
  • Options
    Well mklmg.......thanx for the interesting post........I agree and disagree with you......I do think at the time of Apple MLB's lyrics were far from Eddies, but to his defense many of the songs on the Apple CD were written by stone, and similarities can be seen to the songs stone wrote for PJ. I also believe Andy was in an infant stage of his developing song writing skill, and do believe he would have improved in depth and melody in their next CD.

However as stated in a post by the Elusive_One, Jeff and stone said there were problems in MLB and most likely they would have disbanded. So it is very hard to say what would have happened to MLB, but I do believe Andy would have become a star if he hadnt made such an early exit. All those guys Eddie, Andy, Jeff and Stone were destined for greatness it was just life who decided their company on the trip.
    "take my f-king hand"
  • Options
    Without Eddie at the helm, I don't think they would have had 1/10 of pearl jam's success.

Please stand by the shore, I will be there once more.
  • Options
    mklmgmklmg Posts: 45
    LuvJam.... anything like pearl jam ?

Anyway, thank god that you disagree ! I love this country !!!
    I'm sure Andy would've matured in his depth of subject, but, I'm thinking that he would've taken them down in a more commercial, for lack of a better word, road. I guess that's a moot point, since Andy was a junkie. So was Kurt. However, as they say, stress breeds strength.
    St. Pete 3/29/1994
    Jones Beach 8/24/2000
    Uniondale 4/30/2003
    New York 7/8/2003
    New York 7/9/2003
    New York 6/24/2008
    New York 6/25/2008
    New York 5/20/2010
    New York 5/21/2010
    Brooklyn 10/18/2013
    Wrigley 8/22/2016