Wrigley Weather Report

Does not look like the rain will let down tonight like it did 5 years ago. Trying to stay positive but what happens? Will the show be rescheduled?
Tagged:

Comments

• It looks like Tstorms solid until 3 am! I just came on to see what everyone was thinking on this. Someone my wife knows at Cubs (take this for what it's worth) said they will not reschedule in next 2 days because field will need 2 days to recover for cubs game Thursday. 
    New screenname for the new site. At least for now. Previously Lackofdave
    Blogging at <a href="http://www.dadtherapy.com">Dad Therapy</a>
  • CG658530CG658530 Posts: 144
    I'm really struggling to believe they'll get through the gig tonight. Lighting and rain likely through 3AM.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    CG658530 said:
    I'm really struggling to believe they'll get through the gig tonight. Lighting and rain likely through 3AM.
    Worst case is they play an abbreviated/hits set.  I'd rather it get rescheduled, but they seem super-reluctant to do that.  Of course, I'm local.  Re-scheduling would suck for travelers.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • ginafratginafrat Posts: 15
    Ugh!!!! Don’t want to go get in line in the rain if they are just going to cancel. Doppler looks really bad all night :( anyone know what time they will make the call?
  • CG658530CG658530 Posts: 144
    Is it possible they call the show before they even try to wait out the weather? If the show isn't happening, that's obviously the ideal. 
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    They should move it to metro..haha
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • illinoleillinole Posts: 10
    Wma31394 said:
    They should move it to metro..haha
    epic solution!
    haha
  • illinoleillinole Posts: 10
    CG658530 said:
    Is it possible they call the show before they even try to wait out the weather? If the show isn't happening, that's obviously the ideal. 
    what do you think would be the best place to see any announcements or updates outside of here?
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    edited August 2018
    illinole said:
    CG658530 said:
    what do you think would be the best place to see any announcements or updates outside of here?
    I don't think they're going to cancel. Lightning will need to be present and active at the start of show. If anything, maybe slight delay or break if lightning moves in. Weather models actually look pretty good for that area right now right after show start. I would think an announcement would be made on the Porch and at the venue if things get crazy before show time..
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    illinole said:
    CG658530 said:
    I have a twitter alert set. They keep teasing with other stuff though.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • perrychicagoperrychicago Posts: 4
    edited August 2018
    I know it's a rain or shine deal, but based on radar and hourly forecasts, this looks like it will beat the hell out of a five hour wait/delay for the hardy fan sort of deal.
    it's all orange and yellow on the radar and 85-90% thunderstorms for the duration of the show hours. Everyone will be sitting ducks for lightning let alone sitting in a 5 hour long downpour.
    Again this isn't like the last rain delay. They have had a couple of days to think this one over, and having been in the business I know how tough it is to cancel/reschedule a show, but this one has to be a no brainer.
    I was at at the Cubs home opener on 8.8.88 and if you want to talk about a night they put millions of dollars into promotion into, that was a night they were not going to cancel. And after what was a similar five hour break and hope for a restart were dashed. Now rescheduling a ball game is not like having a redo on a stadium concert, but with this weather, starting with fingers crossed and hoping for good luck is going to be a fool's errand. 
    I should add that tomorrow night's weather looks excellent . . .
    Post edited by perrychicago on
  • TremormanTremorman Posts: 380
    Rain is fine, as this is a football city after all.  But they don't want to mess around with lightning.  Fingers crossed for the faithful!
  • amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    I predict the lake will protect the show and it will be an awesome night two!
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • blackhawksblackhawks Posts: 307
    It is pouring at ORD now.
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • CloneOfASonCloneOfASon Madison, WI Posts: 1,080
    They just tweeted:

CHICAGO: Tonight’s show is scheduled to take place rain or shine. Doors open at 5:30pm, band starts at approx. 7:30pm. Rain is expected in the forecast so please dress accordingly (no umbrellas or large bags permitted). We will continue to provide updates here. See you tonight!