Redline to Wrigley Sat

Anyone staying at Congress for N1 a pro at taking the redline? I ended up coming alone and am a bit worried about finding my way there (train novice lol)

Comments

• Go west from your hotel to State St and either walk north to the Jackson station or south to the Harrison station. Ride the red line towards Howard and get off at Addison. You'll be right next to Wrigley. Use Google Maps on your phone and select the public transportation route for some guidance.

Buy two rides on  your pass so you don't have to buy one after the show.
  • Dug1200Dug1200 Posts: 200
    If you use the Harrison station, use the entrance on State not Polk if you need to buy a ticket because Polk doesnt have the ticket machines.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,302
    Solid info there folks. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • CA225323CA225323 Posts: 22
    Easy enough to do, also coming from Congress and have done it before....just west to State, jump on the redline north, can't miss it
  • 1upstate1upstate Posts: 201
    Solid  info here... Making dry run today to check out area and if lines aren't crazy, I'll try to make sure I don't get ripped off at the merch tents 
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine"
  • manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,085
    I did my practice run yesterday. If coming from west of O'Hare you can use airport parking, have shuttle drop you off at Terminal 2 and you grab the Blue Line there. Connect with Red Line at Washington stop and get off at Addison. Took about an hour and fi-teen for the train ride. Better than driving my truck into Wrigleyville and try to park it.
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • RR105426RR105426 Posts: 99
    Go west from your hotel to State St and either walk north to the Jackson station or south to the Harrison station. Ride the red line towards Howard and get off at Addison. You'll be right next to Wrigley. Use Google Maps on your phone and select the public transportation route for some guidance.

Buy two rides on  your pass so you don't have to buy one after the show.
    Best advice is right here.  Put enough money on your card upfront!  Don’t get stuck in line after the show trying to add money.  It’s a cluster.
  • I did my practice run yesterday. If coming from west of O'Hare you can use airport parking, have shuttle drop you off at Terminal 2 and you grab the Blue Line there. Connect with Red Line at Washington stop and get off at Addison. Took about an hour and fi-teen for the train ride. Better than driving my truck into Wrigleyville and try to park it.
    You could also get off the blue line at the Addison stop and take the 152 bus east toward Wrigley. At some point the bus will probably be prevented from going to full route due to road closures for the show. 
  • You guys are awesome! Thank u. And possibly another stupid question but the redline runs all night right no worries on if the show ends late? 
  • CubuCubu Posts: 91
    Redline does run all night...

Chicago Stadium -94, Soldier Field -95, United Center -98, Allstate Arena -2000, United Center -03, United Center -06, United Center -09, Alpine Valley - 11, Wrigley Field-13, Wrigley Field-16
  • tup30tup30 Posts: 115
    red line is super easy to and from Wrigley.  

we did N1 in '16 both ways, but not the merch booth after show. that killed 40 mins. 

• My train leaves from qcy tonight at 530 pm. Will be in late around 930. I really would like just a couple shirts from the merch store. What time do u think would be best to head to the redline Sat?